• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm new

newyearforme

Hey lovelies
I have been accepted for a gastric bypass, just waiting to attend the information session. Support, tips or advice would be much appreciated

Thanks Kate xxx:)

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Which hospital are you likely to be having your op at? x

Hi and welcome I too am a bypasser almost 9 weeks now :)

Hi Kate
I had DS 2 years ago best thing I ever did for myself and family ...good luck and stay positive honey x

hi and good luck

Thanks for the messages felt a bit overwhelmed. I'm having my surgery in Orpington at Princess Royal Hospital. It's nerve racking but I know it's the right thing to do. How long do you think I should book off work for recovery. Kate xxx

Hi & welcome
I'm quite new as well, just had sleeve & mini bypass Wed...so now post op.
I'm down South too :)
Lots of lovely helpful peeps here xx

Good luck. I'm also new to forum and waiting on a bypass. Waiting patiently for my date! It's exciting!

im not the best to advise on how long to book off, I booked 3weeks ended up 3 months lol ... but try to be realistic your body needs to heal it is major surgery after all and its no good just a couple of days then back to work I think most will agree with that :) you cant drive for a while either ( I don't drive myself just have seen it on this site ) your body is going through a massive change and you will hardly be taking any food value to sustain you working either xx hope that helped but im sure others will be able to tell you as well that went back to work in less time than I did lol

Thanks for the messages felt a bit overwhelmed. I'm having my surgery in Orpington at Princess Royal Hospital. It's nerve racking but I know it's the right thing to do. How long do you think I should book off work for recovery. Kate xxx

Three weeks if you can ... You will certainly be feeling pretty good by the end of the first week but you will still be quite tired and it takes a few weeks to get into a routine with eating. My surgeon recommended three weeks at least.

hello and welcome to a great site I look forward to reading your postings !

Just to say HI and GOOD LUCK jeez you guys 3 weeks and unable to drive.. I guess all tis info is part of my research for when I go see my gp for referral
I want to prove i have done my homework so I know the pro's and cons xx

I think it also depends in your job and working hours, I'd originally planned a month as my job is long night shifts on My feet but I know I'm
Not quite up to 12hr shifts yet so I'm
Having an extra 2 weeks, after checking my insurance I drove again after 2 weeks and if I'd had a desk job or shorter hours I would have gone back after 3 weeks. Everyone Is different, it's the tiredness that's holding me back. Good luck on your journey

I also wondered how long I would need off when I asked my consultant he said 2-3 weeks depending on job. I'm a hairdresser and on my feet ALL day x

Back