• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm new

Welcome I am still going through the process too. I love the positive help from others that have been where we are or have had the same issues. Good luck on your journey.

Hey lovelies
Well I got my date surgery is 17th April so started the diet yesterday. Had a wee cry tonight feel rubbish and a bit frustrated but need to focus on the outcomes. I am rubbish at food ideas so any help for the next 2 weeks would be appreciated. Its the chicken fish and green veg diet xx

congrats on the date mines 16th day b4 are you on the pre op diet ???

Hi newyearforme

Good luck with your surgery. I'm under Mr El Husani, can I ask you how long it took from original consultation to your surgery? i've had my original consultation but i'm waiting for date for information session. xx

pre op

I first saw consultant in October so I haven't had to wait too long. I'm on the preop diet now it's not easy had to take a few days off. It's the low carb one but you can't eat much. This is the hard bit x

What kind of job do you do? Do you know how king you will take off after! Only 2 weeks till your surgery I bet you are excited to see the results.

Did you have to wait long from initial appointment to the information session?

Sorry for all the questions I don't know anybody in this area who is under El husani x

Good luck :)

i am still waiting for the news from the hospital. It has been more than 2 months since i had my appointments with dietitian and consultant surgeon. This waiting is killing me!! I feel like i am living on a pause mode!

But My heart feels so happy every time i hear someone got the date and/or went on pre op diet! I just keep hoping its going to be me posting something similar one day in the future!!!

Wow you didn't wait long newyearforme, do you mind me asking if you have any co-morbidities? I hope mine is that quick, I have a BMI of 54.1. I've read that if your BMI is over 50 that you can be referred straight for surgery, but n idea on the waiting lists.

Did you have to wait long from your initial appointment to your information session?

How long are you planning to have off work? Are work being ok with you. I'm really nervous what work will say about me having the time off for weight loss surgery. Good luck with your pre-op, I hope it gets easier x

every day gets closer argghhhh x

Hey Lisa sorry for late reply I didn't wait too long but initially they lost my referral so I was lucky really. I'm getting nervous but excited too.

When you see Dr Starr for your info session she is amazing. My bmi is 40 I think but I have sleep apnoea which is hell on earth. I've been doing pre op diet and it's not easy. Been emotional and irritable all at the same time.

I'm taking 4 weeks off work I have a busy job but this is my life. Don't dare tell them at work what you are off for its none of their business. Say it's a woman's thing very personal or your bowels they won't ask anymore.

I will need everyone to keep me strong so keep in touch xxxxxxx

Thanks for the reply. Not long now for you. I'm glad things are going ok. The pre-op diet will be tough but just keep it in mind about the fantastic results you will get at the end of it.

I do quite a bit of moving and handling (i'm a nurse) so not sure how long I will have off, although I should be able to return to work on light duties.

Keep in contact xx

it gets easier in onto my 4th week now and now it is just normal for me to grab yogurt and milk i can even shop and look and not want

Hi newyear im all done and home such a relief yours wont be long now I saved you a space on the bench

Oh my bad newyear forgot you was day after me so sorry hope your doing ok we can compare notes now :)

home now

Well it's done I'm home now I have to say my treatment was first class. I'm tender bloated and a wee bit emotional but happy. So 4 weeks of fluids your ideas would be appreciated. Adele how are you feeling xxxxx

Back