• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm new

Hi newyear good to see you about im doing brill so far as for fluids did they say what fluids I csn have free fluid so water tea coffee nas squash watered down soup milked down yogurt hot chocolate be warned though if going hot drinks buy a flask they get cold quick while sipping and are vile check your pack and see also suggest adding skimmed milk powder to thinks like milky coffee etc as sn extra protein boost

Hi newestforme! So glad all went well. How many nights were you in for? How did you find the hospital. I hope you make a speedy recovery. Are you able to move about much? X

new beginnings

Hey lovely ladies
Lisa I went in on the Wednesday 16th and got out on the Monday 21st. I didn't need much pain relief I'm off it all now. You can move around but walking is best. I'm not lifting anything heavy or stretching. The surgeon and his team are fantastic.
Yesterday I had a Muller yogurt, some milk, innocent juice and for dinner strained red Thai soup from asda. I feel ok so hoping I'm doing the right diet! The first cup of coffee I had was heaven on earth.
Stock up on cuppa soup, skinny soup, innocent juices, nesquik, low fat yogurts,low fat custard.
Adele glad your doing well lovely, I wasn't recommended protein drinks or powders on my sheet. Liquid iron is foul eurgh, getting stitches out tmw.

Keep in touch xxxxx

Hi Kate...was your op on the 16th, same as me? How come you had to stay in hospital for so long? I was due for discharge on the 17th, but it ended-up being the 19th, due to raised ESR level in my blood tests and a slight chest infection.

Pre-op my BMI was 43, now it's 40.9. Getting there slowly. I started out with a pre-op weight of 140.5kg on April 2nd, I'm at 129.2kg today.

David..xx

they dont tell ya much about protein as a rule but if you check on here everyone is saying about it to help lessen the hairloss etc so i asked dieticians and they said yes add skim milk powder to everything to boost it glad your doing so well and yes lets keep intouch i moved my post to wls diaries now

The liquid Iron looks awful, only ever dispensed it, can imagine what it tastes like. I've been studying my info sheet for post diet, does clear soup mean no lumps? Or does it actually have to be clear? Lol

How was your suture removal? How are you emotionally?

Xx

Sorry Lisa for late reply. I'm 2 weeks post op now so still on liquids can't believe I have another two weeks of it. I just want to chew, I'm blending soups then straining them. Muller lights and low fat custard keeps me sane. Stitches are out one week after surgery healing well. Still not driving though but no real pain. I'm emotional sometimes but I read the forum for support xxx

Back