• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

nigel342

Hello my name is nigel. Today I have been for my pre-op assessment and given a date for my gastric bypass on the 28th august. Any comments or tips would be appreciated, thanks

Hello Nigel, i had Duodenal Switch so can't really advise on bypass but good luck and there's so much help on here and friendliness you won't go short for either :) take care x

Hi Nigel and welcome. Like Angie said everyone on here is fab and very helpful. I have my bypass on the 13 th August so can't really say much through experience but I'm sure if you ask the questions you will get the answers. Good luck with your journey x

Hiya - I'm a gastric banded!! Welcome to the site, and hope you find good support here, I certainly have I'm the few weeks before my band is fitted (this Friday). Txxx

I had gastric sleeve 5 months ago lost nearly 7 1/2 stones. Love my op. welcome & good luck. Loads of advice on this friendly forum. Great support post op too coz you can ask so many questions.

Hi Nigel. Welcome! I had my gastric bypass on the 31st of May this year and have almost lost 5 stone (including pre op diet). I couldn't be happier with my decision to have a bypass, my life has already dramatically improved. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have. Use the boards to read peoples stories that include the good and the bad bits of weight loss surgery. You'll find them helpful and inspiring. There are lots of very successful post op members on the boards that have so much information to share. It's not an easy road to take but if you are willing to put the work in it is very worth it. All the best for you op :) x

hey Nigel, welcome to the site, and good luck :) xxx

Hi Nigel & Welcome!!!
I have just had bypass surgery last week & am finally going home today, yay!!!. All the best for ur surgery, I'm only just starting out so I'm probably not too good on the advice yet but feel free to ask any questions & good luck!

Welcome to the site Nigel,i am a newbie too hope all goes well with your op, look forward to see how you progress.

Back