• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm so sorry

SarahSez

I want to apologise to all those who have had WLS. Before I joined minimins, I always thought WLS was the 'easy option' to dieting, but the more I read of your struggles on here, the more I realise it's no different to going to class and dieting, just a different set of problems.

I'm sure i'm not the only one who has thought this, but it doesn't make it better.

I just want to wish you all the very best in fighting the demon fat.

Thank you for that post and your honesty shopwn.
It is tough. I am only two weeks post op and think I have hit a post op blues!!! Am crying loads yesterday and today (mind you did not help having to go and fetch my daughter this lunch cos she fainted in class- but I digress). Think the enormoty of it having happened and the getting to terms with things is hitting me. But it is good to have people recognise it is not a walk in the park. So thanks again. xxxx

:hug99:Sarah - that is such a lovely thing to say. Thank you so much for understanding - I wish more people were like you and learnt about it before criticising. You can be our ambassador - spread the word! xx

Sarah - thank you for saying that :) More people should read this forum to be honest as they will get a real life non glossy idea of what WS is all about.

We are all in this together warts n all lol

thank you for recognising that :D

Thanks Sarah, really appreciate your post :)

xxx

Thats great to say, for many of us its the last chance .hope after trying so hard to lose weight and keep it off in my case.
I have let weight and body pre occupy my life for 42 years now (53) .
At last there is a solution a tool to assist me and others dieting alone does not work for us as my surgeon agreed its become an obession to keep it off and thats what hes helping me do.
I appauld every one who manages with all the diets, food plans, on here read them, done them, helped others was in self help groups for years but just never got the magic solution to keeping it off.

Thank you so much for your views

thankyou sarah for this thread its much appreciated xxx

Thank You Sarah!!

The losing weight bit, I guess, is easy for me so far.

What isn't easy is putting yourself and your loved ones through having life threatening surgery then there are the sacrifices you have to make after with the things you eat drink.

It's far from easy, as you've obviously read.

Thank you again and pass the message on :D

I want to apologise to all those who have had WLS. Before I joined minimins, I always thought WLS was the 'easy option' to dieting, but the more I read of your struggles on here, the more I realise it's no different to going to class and dieting, just a different set of problems.

I'm sure i'm not the only one who has thought this, but it doesn't make it better.

I just want to wish you all the very best in fighting the demon fat.

My first thoughts upon reading this were, to be honest I couldn't care less what anyone who hasn't been through this thinks.

Then I thought about it for a while, and that I might just be a tad grumpy, and I should feel pleased that someone who has not had WLS took the time to come here to tell us they no longer think we have taken the "easy option"

Then I thought no, I was right first time. I really do not give a gnat's fart about what any non-surgery peeps think.

Thanks to Sarah for the kind sentiment. Just ignore me my knees are killing me :eek:

hi sarah thank you for taking the time to read our posts and to understand this is not EASY but a really long hard lifestyle change thats hard work and wls is a last chance of a good healthy life for us x x x xthank you sarah

My first thoughts upon reading this were, to be honest I couldn't care less what anyone who hasn't been through this thinks.

Then I thought about it for a while, and that I might just be a tad grumpy, and I should feel pleased that someone who has not had WLS took the time to come here to tell us they no longer think we have taken the "easy option"

Then I thought no, I was right first time. I really do not give a gnat's fart about what any non-surgery peeps think.

Thanks to Sarah for the kind sentiment. Just ignore me my knees are killing me :eek:

perhaps I should have just kept my thoughts to myself. I just had read so many threads on here that I was grateful I didn't need to go down that route in the end and believe me I wanted to.

The last thing I wanted to do was upset anyone. Just wanted to show my support.

Thank you so much Sarah for your kind thoughts it is lovely that you have taken time to read some of our posts and realise that it's not an easy option after all. I'm 4 weeks post op and i'm still trying to get my head to catch up with my body its prob the biggest roller coaster ride i've ever been on x

Hi Sarah, i've not had wls surgery yet but thank you for the sentiments...

Congratulations on been able to follow a diet plan and stick to it with such superb results xx

You haven't upset anyone Sarah...Well certainly not me anyway!

It's a lovely thing that you have done...it shows that you have taken the time to see another side to this horrible dilemma of being overweight....

Most of the folk here have done every diet under the sun and done them several times over...WSL is their last chance of gettin any semblance of healthy life.

I have not had surgery...I am at the that last chance stage of getting some surgical help...of which looks very doubtful for me right now...but during one of my last diets and before researching WLS I might have thought "I might take the easy way out"....little did I know how difficult this journey is.....from referral to post op life...after reading everyone's else's journey here on Mini's I soon learnt that it was far from easy.

(((hugs)))

Last edited:
Thankyou Sarah, there are so many that think like you did and have no idea what we go through to get where we are. We've been there and done every diet we can think of before we opt for surgery. Thanks again for letting us know how you felt about it before and how you feel about it now. Its great to have that extra support from someone who has'nt had weight loss surgeryxx

I think its nice of you to say what you have said, so Thankyou.

But one thing i will say is some people will think its the easy way out when we know... US who have had the surgery its not easy, But if it was easy, Why shouldn't we make life easier and Take the easier way out, Why struggle with all the fad diets Why Not take the easy road, I look at things in life this way,

If we all didn't have to work and could have fun everyday or could or can get by with only working 3 days a week and be financially happy why work 5 or 7 if you didn't have to or need the money.

Or another way to look at it is.

If you went shopping and had ten bags full of stuff would you walk up the set of stairs to the car park or take the lift?

You only live this life once and if you can do some things easier why struggle if you don't have to and burn yourself out.

Just my Opinion of course and don't mean to offend to anyone.:)

Thank you so much Sarah. Karlos you may not care what people think but others do and I'm one of them.

Thats why I made the decision to go public with my uncomfortable WLS journey because I wanted people to know that this is no picnic and for some of us the hardest decision we will ever make in our lives.

I for one am glad to see that someone who isn't walking in my shoes has made the effort to understand just how hard it is, so thank again Sarah.

Back