• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm so sorry

Thanks for your post. You haven't upset me at all - it's nice to see that people are beginning to see that it's not an easy route.

I often laugh when people say 'its the easy way out' - well, even if it was then so what?! As Fat girl slim said, is there some unwritten rule book that i've missed that states that we have to suffer horribly just because someone somewhere thinks that everything has to be done the 'hard way'?

Thank God we live in a world of personal choice - and if there are things that make life easier, then why would any sane person not do it? What a paradoxical world we live in.

WLS is one of the hardest things I have ever done. It's not a magic wand, it won't cure me, and I will have a battle with food for the rest of my life - I just see wls as evening out the playing field with all the normal dieters out there!

Gosh - where did all that come from?!

Thank you so much Sarah. Karlos you may not care what people think but others do and I'm one of them.

I wasn't upset by your post Sarah, I just found it really Patronising. It was not my intention to offend you, Bonita or any one else.

Like I said just ignore me Sarah my knees were really painful and I was in full grump. I'm sure you meant well ;)

I wasn't upset by your post Sarah, I just found it really Patronising. It was not my intention to offend you, Bonita or any one else.

Like I said just ignore me Sarah my knees were really painful and I was in full grump. I'm sure you meant well ;)

under no circumstances did I intend my post to be patronising in any way. I've struggled for years with my weight and know how hard it is. I just wanted to let those who had gone through wls that I cared.

My sister is trying to get wls; and learning things through this site makes me realise what she will go through. Far worse than my own constant struggle with weightloss. However even though she is only 4' 11" and has more weight to lose than I had, her gp just brushes it off.

I've re-read my post. I still don't see how it comes across like that but I sincerely apologise to you Karlos.

The mistake was mine I'm sure Sarah, and you have no need to apologise to me.

I saw someone turn up here who hasn't had WLS, who lost their weight the hard way by diet, telling us how they thought we had all taken the easy option until she read a few posts that changed her mind.

You didn't upset me at all Karlos. I just thought you were a little harsh thats all and not at all like you come to think of it, that knee must really be bothering you. Hope it gets better soon.

xx

Back