• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

In pain & back in Heartlands Hospital

well im still in, and totally fed up! They have got me on some seriously high medication that send me into space and definitely off the planet..... But then when im at my worst i can't eat cos it makes me feel sick! Also no movement from the number 2 direction in a week but weekend cover staff don't look at the bigger pictute, they see that i was in pain im not now oh you can go home..........well ive stood my ground this weekend as i am sure my consultants won't be happy that im constipated or that my food intake has been affected, but tomorrow can't come quick enuf! As the nursing staff on ward 12 have made me feel like a time waster etc today.... My consultant will be hearing about it, and im going to request a transfer back to 11.........big hugs everyone

OMG Angie, you are really going thru the mill!!! I honestly hope you are well soon, love and hugs xxxx

Awww Angie what a terrible ordeal... please keep in touch and thanks for letting us know, I have been thinking about you.... loving hugs Angie and get well soon xxx

Sending huge hugs Angie. I don't know what to say really, you're going through so much...I just hope they jolly well get it sorted out for you tomorrow.
Love and prayers
Grace xxx

hope ur feeling better soon x

oh I see your consultant is Mr Kumar - he is mine too - I go to heartlands on 8th Dec to have my bypass on the 9th. How did you find him and the hospital? :)

Reactions: Bev
Hi Angie, How did your meeting with the consultant go? Have they sorted out your constipation and moved you back to ward 11? Hope you'll feel better soon.

love and hugs

Rebirthxx

Hi Angie, I hope that you've manged to see your consultant and have managed to sort everything out. Has he made any suggestions about the constipation to help rectify it or stop it happening again? Sending you lots of love and hugs.

Rebirthxx

Reactions: Bev
Well folks, I AM HOME!!!!!! I did talk it thru with my consultant and it was felt that I need to continue on the Zomorph and Oramorph for a couple of weeks to give the flaired up nerves time to calm down, I have got Picolax Bowel preparation for helping to go to the loo along with Glycerine suppositries,, I am to make sure I eat my 3-5 meals a day and x2 Fortimel a day to maintain, as I lost 5lb last week.....ooops......... I am going to be followed up in clinic by Dr Thaheri each Monday and I will also see the Pain management team about managing the drugs longterm.... I had a meeting with the ward manager about the way I was treated by some of the staff on the ward I felt that is went really well and she said she is going to be speaking to all of the staff mentioned, I can only hope that she follows through with what she says etc

Thanks for listening

Hi Angie, been thinking of you and sincerely hoping that you are going to be able to move forward and have better health... it's been an awful ordeal for you precious... thinking of you and sending loving hugs as always... always at your side... xxx

Im so pleased you are home, what a relief for you to get home to your own bed :D Take care and good luck for your future appointments XX

ange did no one mention gabapentin to you, its actually an anti convulsive used for epilepsy, but they also use it for nerve pain, i take it and its the only thing that calms mine down. i thought they might have tried it for you too, unless they are giving you something else instead. big hugs huni, and i really hope they get you sorted out really soon. xxxxxx

so glad you are home and able to manage the pain... hope it all sorts out soon xxxxx get well xxxxx

Hiya Dawn,

I have been on gabetine since the last time I was in hospital I take 75ml in the morning and 150ml at night and I am still on those along with the morphine......(now you now why ive been floating along on the clouds) I think I will be on them long term, but when it flairs up its really bad........well hoping this is the last one in a very long time!!!

You poor poor soul, you really do go through the mill, don't you. I'm so glad you're home and hope all begins to go well from now on.
Grace xxxx

Thank you everyone for your Love and support, I am actually going to do as I'm told and rest up now and get better, no more rushing too quickly back into life, I dont want to end up back in for Christmas......

Hugs Everyone

Back