• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

in the news

It was on the BBC news this morning too. It is true though and about time they realised this. I have never been so healthy.

I had to pay myself do you think they will give me a refund for all the money I am saving the NHS.

makes interesting reading. Without a doubt the long term savings for the powers that be are emmense.

I can remeber I was in my early teens when I first read newspaper articles about "stomach stappling" as it was then called. As an overweight teen it immediatly caught my attention, and I can clearly remember thinking "thats what I need". However, until the last couple of years I'd always seen it as something that happens to "other people" not ordinary folk like me.

I begun looking into having a Bypass privately about 3 yrs ago, but every time something would crop up to eat away at my savings. It just would never have happened.

All the debates and hoops to jump through for NHS funding is sickening and disheartening for those of us who need it.

Obesity is just seen as a self inflicted condition. outside of bariatrics there is little understanding or compassion for those who endure it. I look at it like this, I have worked since the age of 18, I've paid into the system and never claimed ANY kind of benefit or state support. I'm a decent (enuff... lol) law abiding citizen and I deserve this support, as do we all.

Yes the NHS make long term savings when measured against future obesity related illness, but it's about so much more than that as we know, quality of life and peace of mind is priceless.

A more positive story at last...about time ...i have read so many negatives i was starting to wonder??

I agree......about bloody time someone stood up for WLS. Its not rocket science is it lol..........pay out now, save later.......well done for an unbiased view :D x

Totally agree! It was on my local radio station to this morning WLS in a positive light for a change, someone at last with half a brain xxx

Back