• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Rising_Sun: Journey to losing half of me

Just thought I would pop in to see how your doing and Your doing great!!!
I love your profile pic, You look lovely and its so nice to see a face.
Lol, I had to smirk when you say you hang around the fridge lol, I also do this even now, I stand and look and then go to the cupboards and look lol, Not really hungry but I like to look lol,
Your doing so well, Keep up the good work. x
Always a pleasure to see you pop in FGS. I guess old habits die hard.

Hi Rising Sun :) I just wanted to pop by and congratulate you on your progress so far, you're going brilliantly!
I hope the family is well and the kids are all doing well too.
I like your idea about the rubber band, though I think I would have to attach one end to my settee and the other to my knickers, so it would twang me back out of the kitchen :)
Speaking of peanut butter, yum I have a thing for it as well. To remedy my addiction I have Atkins peanut butter granola bars as a breakfast or lunch replacement sometimes..they take a while to chomp through but are sooooo nutty :p
Keep up the fab work and I hope you get the opportunity to do your workouts xx

Week 5

I should have done this update (if you can call it that) on Monday. Monday's are when I weigh in because that's the day I had my surgery.

The week just kinda flew by really. I introduced soft solids and I seem to be tolerating everything I've tried so far. I try to vary stuff as much as possible. I've rediscovered antipasti and the ever so humble cottage cheese. Who knew cottage cheese could taste so great. Cottage cheese, peaches and a sprinkling of almonds. The antipasti revved up the taste of my otherwise unimaginative roll ups. Mmmm! Flavour is definitely the key to satisfaction.

Week 5 loss: 3lbs

Hope the week has been good to you too.

Hi Rising Sun :) I just wanted to pop by and congratulate you on your progress so far, you're going brilliantly!
I hope the family is well and the kids are all doing well too.
I like your idea about the rubber band, though I think I would have to attach one end to my settee and the other to my knickers, so it would twang me back out of the kitchen :)
Speaking of peanut butter, yum I have a thing for it as well. To remedy my addiction I have Atkins peanut butter granola bars as a breakfast or lunch replacement sometimes..they take a while to chomp through but are sooooo nutty :p
Keep up the fab work and I hope you get the opportunity to do your workouts xx
Hi Neen.
Lot's of good ideas there. I'm gonna have to check out that Atkins bar. I'm hoping it's bypass friendly. (Note to self, visit Sugarfree megastore). Yup, that rubber band to knickers & settee sounds way more effective :D. Family is good thanks. I hope yours is too. As for workouts, well they say it takes 21 days to create a habit. I hope there's a gurantee.

Hi lovey :) Yes I bought the bars from Sugar free megastore so I would imagine they should be ok. Maybe just get a couple to see how they make you feel. I also got marshmallow mudslide bars (yes very yummy as you might expect) and some sugar free peanut butter cups like Reeses. Another thing I have bought is the bottles of sugar free syrups to give my basic strawberry,choc and vanilla shakes some variety. I have coconut, raspberry, Dulce de Leche and Irish cream syrups so far. They are not cheap but one tablespoon per shake is plenty.
Since I started my little notebook up (mainly for calories per day) and wrote down all my exercise I have found it's gone a long way to helping me get a regular exercise habit. Physically writing down and ticking off 30 mins activity a day eg in my case treadmill / work out vids has helped so much ensure I do them without making myself feel bad or pressured into it.
Maybe even something like "go up and down stairs 10 times" daily will help and is not too daunting.
Hugs x

Hi Rising Sun
Well done on your weight loss so far, fantastic!!!
Good insparation for us waiting for surgery. :)
May i ask????
Can you let me know your time scale from when u attended the one-stop clinic with Mr Ammori and had bloods, to having sleep study, pshycologist then the surgery?
I have had the clinic apt, seen the shrink and got my sleep study week on tues. Trying to prepare myself for the wait for a surgery date now... :(
Many Thanks. x

Hi Shell.

I'm afraid I wasn't a One Stopper. Here's a quick run down of how it happened for me:
  • 19/12/08 - Saw Dr Syed (Consultant) who put forward funding application.
  • Early 01/09 - Funding approved
  • 17/02/09 - Sleep Study
  • 19/03/09 - Saw Mr Ammori
  • 20/03/09 - Pre-op assessment
  • 22/05/09 - Psychologist appointment
  • 06/07/09 - original surgery date (got postponed on the Thursday before :()
  • 03/08/09 - Surgery at last with another pre-op assessment 10 days before.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I can't think of who went through the One Stop system.

Last edited:
Thanks Rising Sun, info really helped.
I feel i am so close..... just waiting for a date.
So frustrating, i am not a very patient person.. :)
I so so so wish i get it done before christmas, start next yr off with a new me.
Keep up the good weight loss, look great!!
Take care

Week 6

Nothing remarkable to report really. I'm still at it - trying to make the most of my bypass. I didn't do much exercise this week but boy was there ever a clear out of the house. I'm sure I burnt some energy. I really need to pencil in the exercise. I kept threatening to do it first thing in the morning but so far no luck. I have been sleeping late trying to meet some deadlines so I am more zombie than perky in the mornings.

I returned to work today but am working part-time to accomodate child care. Doing 9.30 -2.30. That just means 5 hours of non stop graft. Guess what suffered today? Yep, food and drink. Realised as I was rushing out that I had neither eaten nor drunk anything by 2:30. Left home in a hurry, a small container with chocolate whey protein powder in hand. The plan was to grab a small tub of greek yoghurt to mix it with and eat for breakfast but it never worked out that way. Even the cup of tea a colleague had made went cold behind the PC monitor where I had placed it to cool down. I'm gonna have to make up my calories this evening. Somehow that prospect isn't as exciting as it might have been pre-bypass. I really need to plan better as I suspect this pattern might surely come back to bite me in the ar$e.

The scales have been good to me from the start but this week I was favoured a bit more. Just when I fretted over lack of 'formal' exercise I went and dropped 5 lbs. Could be that it was the week after TOM called round. That loss leaves me a mere 1 pound to a 5 stone loss since the pre-op diet :D:D:D. Happy days.

Hi

Work is a devil for messing with your food, I can't tell you how many days I used to not eat or drink virtually all day. Now I've introduced my "Side by Side with Marilyn" plan (don't worry about the title I watch too many musicals). On arrival I place all my items to be consumed or drunk on one side of my desk. The rule is thay have to be empty on the other side by the end of the day. My alarm on the mobile beeps every hour and I set too glugging or eating. I am so sad that I even worked out the optimum container that I could consume in the alloted time (3/4 pint) now there they sit 3 delightful different coloured sports bottles plus my brekkers and lunch. Even the staff know which one goes at which time (yes I'm that sad different colour different hour) and I'm for it if the blue one isn't on the right hand side of my desk by 9am.

Its a bit anal and very daft but it works for me and I feel miles better

Good luck you'll work it out you're doing really great

M

Hi

Work is a devil for messing with your food, I can't tell you how many days I used to not eat or drink virtually all day. Now I've introduced my "Side by Side with Marilyn" plan (don't worry about the title I watch too many musicals). On arrival I place all my items to be consumed or drunk on one side of my desk. The rule is thay have to be empty on the other side by the end of the day. My alarm on the mobile beeps every hour and I set too glugging or eating. I am so sad that I even worked out the optimum container that I could consume in the alloted time (3/4 pint) now there they sit 3 delightful different coloured sports bottles plus my brekkers and lunch. Even the staff know which one goes at which time (yes I'm that sad different colour different hour) and I'm for it if the blue one isn't on the right hand side of my desk by 9am.

M

WOW, so organised..... Well done.
Wish i could be like you, make life so much easier.
ie, ran out of marg this morning, no sandwiches for me this dinner! :cry:

Suppose when u go back to work there has to be a routeen, might of been ok at home, everything there.
You'll get there, something i'll need to do when i have my surgery. :D

Well done with the 'almost' 5st !! Fantastic.... x

I would be the same at work, in fact I am already !!
Well done on the "almost" 5 stone - thats amazing in such a short time!! xx

Hi M,

I so admire your organisation and planning skills. "Side by Side with Marylin" looks like a great plan. This post bypass /work matter needs to be tackled with military precision. I'm on it. Will borrow from your plan but still need to take account of the times I am out of the office, which can be a lot of the time.

Hi

M

Back