• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Rising_Sun: Journey to losing half of me

You are doing so well hun, and have a great positive attitude too:D:D

Hi just wanted to stop by and say well done! You seem to be getting along really well and those pounds are falling off. Your practical and positive attitude will be a great tool for you, it has served me very well.

Keep up the great work, don't forget your pills and remember to eat!

Nic:)

Week 3

The last week has been all busy. Still need to work out a way of making sure I eat and drink enough during the day. I've possibly suffered for it but this may just be my body readjusting following a loss of 53lbs in 6 weeks. The long and short of it is that I lost nothing last week. Yes I admit there was a waft of disappointment. At this point I am very much results oriented but am trying to be more concerned with the process of getting to a healthy body and active lifestyle because this is how I plan to live after the weight loss goals are achieved. Best get used to how it will be now as a I lose the weight. Mind, it was a mere waft of disappointment because there's never been a time when I've dropped 53 lbs in 6 weeks.

I think I returned to work too soon. While I am physically well to work (my job involves driving; lots of talking; analysis and writing) so nothing too strenous but definitely stressful. I feel totally pooped at the end of each day. Now I've always felt pooped at the end of each day but this is a whole new level of pooped. Luckily I have been able to scale back and for the next three weeks, will work from home, doing only the writing at my own pace. Gives me a chance to work on my routine for eating and exercise and most importantly, rest.

On the exercise front, I started walking in earnest last week. I live in a hily area so good for exertion. I need to just drive the route and work out how long it is but at this time, it takes me 40 minutes to walk it. I alternate the gradient. Did 3 days but I would like to work it up to a daily walk; then add distance and improve speed.

PS, if you notice these things, then you will notice I have less to lose to reach goal. I've re-adjusted my goal weight from 178 to 190 lbs after looking at pictures of me at 178 and realising that I may have been unrealistic in trying to achieve the weight I was in my late teens.

Have a good week all.

Wk 3 Loss: 0 lbs

Last edited:
Hey, wanted to give you a great big massive CONGRATS on all the pounds you have lost in such a short time. You have loads to be proud of there. As for no loss this week, that is okay maybe you shed inches and with all those pounds down your body just may have needed a rest.

Keep up your fantastic progress and you will be down to your goal in no time at all. BTW, I currently weigh less than I did in my teens and my BMI is the lowest it has been since I was 11 years old so miracles can happen, just you wait and see for yourself!

Nic;)

Well done 53lbs in 5 weeks is a great achievement and you must be thrilled, so well done, You sound so positive in your posts.
Keep up the good work.

You are doing so well hun, and have a great positive attitude too:D:D

Hi just wanted to stop by and say well done! You seem to be getting along really well and those pounds are falling off. Your practical and positive attitude will be a great tool for you, it has served me very well.

Keep up the great work, don't forget your pills and remember to eat!

Nic:)

Thanks girls. I am so focussed on giving myself the best chance ever of losing the weight, gaining the health and energy to overcome one of my biggest regrets, i.e not being able or willing to do very much with my kiddies because I get very self conscious about my weight. Never before has the phrase "window of opportunity" meant so much to me. I'm chipping away at the base of that window to create a doorway for myself.

Thank you very much for your support and encouragement. It's very much appreciated :).

Week 4

28 days post bypass. Time seems to be flying. It seems like yesterday I was agonising about when the bypass would be done, if at all and just hours since walking out of hospital all "sliced and diced" (to borrow a phrase). Yet I’ve often caught myself wishing the days away to get me to 3, 6, 9 & 12 months post-op just to see where I would be at weight wise. I know I’ve got to stop that and enjoy the process. There are other things to life post wls. Right:rolleyes:?

The 4th week has been the week that the ravenous beast in my head began to stir. I struggled with head hunger this week. Still struggling. It didn't help that I have deadlines for tomorrow to meet and have been working late into the night as this is the only quiet time I get while the kiddies are at home. Now eating and late night working have always gone hand in hand. Somebody give me strategies to deal with this monster. I need to break the association of late working and eating. I read that the head hunger business ends but methinks it started a bit late for me.

I think I am a dumper, a super duper one at that. The other day I thought I would have a carby breakfast (1 weetabix + ½ a small banana and skim milk) because I was going to do my tae-bo dvd later and felt the energy would do me good. Well, it knocked me out cold. I felt pretty awful and fell asleep, a real deep sleep despite three rather noisy kiddies in the house. I kept trying to wake up but my eyelids were heavy and it seemed like I couldn’t move or lift any body part. I must have been asleep for 2 two hours. Eating carb heavy meals has always left me feeling sleepy but this episode was over the top. I had not actually eaten anything carb heavy until this point. Not even in my sloppies week.

On the weight loss front, the scales are on the move again. BMI dipped below 50. I took all my baseline measurements yesterday. Wish I had done that a day before surgery.

Have a good week everyone.

Week 4 loss: 4 lbs.

The unveiling

Finally decided to use my own pic on my avatar. Even uploaded a before pic in my profile album.

Wow Hun you are gorgeous. You are doing really well Hun. Xx

Wow Hun you are gorgeous. You are doing really well Hun. Xx

Thanks Sam and welcome to the loser's bench. I gather your surgery went well with the unexpected bonus of a keyhole procedure. Can't wait to read all about it. Hope your recovery is going well.

Nice picture I love being able to put a face to a name, except my own of course.

Hope its all going well

M

Nice picture I love being able to put a face to a name, except my own of course.

Hope its all going well

M
Thanks M,
Yeah, it took a while to put a face to my username. It made me nervous for some reason. Don't know what possessed me to do so this time. Now that I have, well, it wasn't so bad after all. Hopefully you'll put a face to your name. No pressure :).

Yes, I think it's going well. Still on my toes. I need to take the exercise gear a couple of notches up. I do tae-bo basic 4 times a week. Well, last week was the first week of that. I would like to start on one of my all time favourites, Weight Watchers step aerobics except I have it on VHS with no video recorder. I cant justify buying one of those gadgets you can use to transfer vhs to dvd. I have to exercise at home as between work and child care, I have no time for the gym.

Wanted to say hi, and well done so far. Your picture is lovely, glad you felt good enough to share it with us! As for the hungry head, I have it too. I was always a late night snacker and I still get the urge. I try to plan something small for the end of the day so that if I can't fight the urge I do have something healthy in mind. I think planing your meals and snacks are the true key to staying on track.

Nic:D

Thanks for the tip PG. I am a nut for peanut butter so I've allowed myself a tsp sometimes a tbsp of the stuff to nibble when the late night going gets tough. I have to say, I still find myself wandering aimlessly to the kitchen and hanging by the fridge door all the time feeling no hunger whatsoever. I have to smack my own hand. I might get a rubber band for my wrist to snap each time I find myself doing this sort of thing. I'm gonna tame that beast.

Hi - just wanted to say that I think you're doing FAB!!! Reading your diary is quite an inspiration because I'm about the same starting weight as you and seeing that it can all go without a hitch has made me much calmer about the thought of having my surgery.

Thank you - and please keep up your diary!!

xxx

Just thought I would pop in to see how your doing and Your doing great!!!
I love your profile pic, You look lovely and its so nice to see a face.
Lol, I had to smirk when you say you hang around the fridge lol, I also do this even now, I stand and look and then go to the cupboards and look lol, Not really hungry but I like to look lol,
Your doing so well, Keep up the good work. x

Hi - just wanted to say that I think you're doing FAB!!! Reading your diary is quite an inspiration because I'm about the same starting weight as you and seeing that it can all go without a hitch has made me much calmer about the thought of having my surgery.

Thank you - and please keep up your diary!!

xxx
Hi Janet. I notice you are quite new to Mini's so a very warm welcome to you. You will like it here.

I am humbled that you find my diary inspirational. I too took comfort that my surgery would go well by seeing so many on this board go through surgery without a hitch. You just have to stick to the advice your surgical team gives you both before and after. Anxiety is normal but the rewards of wls are so worth it. I hope your surgery comes along soon. Take care.

Back