• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mixed Feelings

jjan3t

Hi all I had a phone call last week offering me the 14th September as adate for surgery with Mr Schroeder. I dont have a pre op date yet. When they rang me I was really really excited phoned friends and family that knew. Now after sitting and thnking about it when I have waited almost 16 months I am scared. Scared the surgery goes wrong, scared about waking up during the surgery or not waking up at all. I am also scared that I wont be able to tolerate the bypass and will not be able to loose weight. In fact everything about it scares me. I thought I was prepared but now I dont know if I am or not. Sorry for the rant.

Janet x

hey Janet its normal to have these mixed feelings, most people feel this way, i was similar with both my ops, why dont ya come along next Thursday and catch up with some of the girls they will sure be glad to see you and give you words of encouragement they have all done brilliant, please dont cancel the op hun as you will feel deep regrests and what if thoughts, we are all here to suppport you, hugs from meee x

I am a pre-op'er but reading the forums pretty much everyone has these concerns and i think it would be more worrying if you weren't concerned. Much better to state it here and know you are not foolish and everything is perfectly normal. Good luck :)

Hi Janet, as Liz says what you are feeling is perfectly normal with surgery so near. We all get on the roller coaster and its goes up and down so many times before we get off it. Look through some of the posts on here where people describe their experiences and fears and hopefully you will find reassurance. Please go along and meet Liz and some others because believe me its what swung it for me in the end, talking to people who had "been there,done that and worn the t-shirt". Good luck x

Hi Jan
Great news about finally getting your date. As everyone has said, its normal to panic a bit once the reality sets in, but you'll be fine. x x

I got my date too this week Janet and I feel exactly the same, I keep getting butterflies with excitement and the next thing I feel sick with nerves lol. I suppose this will last till we are under the knife :eek: Quite normal I would think ;) Good Luck x

I felt the same. It is totally normal. Please don't cancel, it would be such a shame. and Mr Schroeder is a very good surgeon, he did mine 11 days ago.
best wishes. xxxxxxxx

Hi, congrats on getting your date!! I am also under Sunderland :) I had my seminar end of march and second appointment beginning of this month and oready this is all i think about. I too am always whether all those things u mentioned will happen as i have a 1 and 2year old who i want to see grow up and im terrified!

I'm sure though it is the right choice for me and my family and determined that this will happen.

Try focusing on all the things you will be able to do, i have a list... so far i dare not go on a plane coz seats too small..this i will do, i'll be able to get nice (living in black trousers and cardigans currently) cheaper clothes, being more of a fun and not frumpy mum, all these aches and pains improving and overall feel like a 23 year old and start living my life!!

Jo x x

Hi, congrats on getting your date!! I am also under Sunderland :) I had my seminar end of march and second appointment beginning of this month and oready this is all i think about. I too am always whether all those things u mentioned will happen as i have a 1 and 2year old who i want to see grow up and im terrified!

I'm sure though it is the right choice for me and my family and determined that this will happen.

Try focusing on all the things you will be able to do, i have a list... so far i dare not go on a plane coz seats too small..this i will do, i'll be able to get nice (living in black trousers and cardigans currently) cheaper clothes, being more of a fun and not frumpy mum, all these aches and pains improving and overall feel like a 23 year old and start living my life!!

Jo x x

I was at seminar march too. had my second appointment in July and my 3rd is set for Oct. U had ur 3rd yet hun?? xx:)

Hi i had seminar 31st march, 2nd appointment on 3rd august i think and have yet to get my 3rd. Dietician said it would be 3 - 4 months the next appointment.

Have you received the actual date for the 3rd? I only got a weeks notice for the second and hope i get the next with a bit more notice so i can be sure at LEAST the 5kg i need to lose will be off because obviously i have this problem with losing weight and keeping it off lol!!

Jo x

Hi Janet, got my date for 16th Sept (Mr Shrouder) at Sld Royal, the pre-op being this Wednesday (25th.).
Both letters arrived last week on the same day.
Give admin a call at the Royal if you do not receive your pre-op date tomorrow.
See you in hospital all being well (Ward 25) - Regards, Paul xx

ps: Jan, forgot to add that I am nervous but excited as well. Think it is the anticipation of another fresh start in the yo-yo journey of my weight!! xx

Thanks for all the support. I actually feel more positive about it all this morning, but that might change tomorrow lol.
I am going to the meeting on Thursday I am sure this will help me. Waiting for the postie, if there is no letter then I will give tthem a ring this afternoon.
Many thanks again

Janet xx

see ya Thursday chick im looking forward to catching up with you x

oooo such a shame i dont live closer!! damm it x

yer id love to meet you too Kelly x

Janet hun, i went to seminar 17th march, Early July for second and got my 3rd for 21st Oct soon after. xx

Do you not get an appointment set for surgery at the 3rd?? Or is it a case of waiting and if how long on average have you all waited?? xx:confused::):)

I so p****d off phoned Sunderland to ask if the letter had been sent out to me only to be told the surggeons have pulled that date so might get it end of September or in October. I am sooooo fed up.
Chefclay......has your date been pulled?
Laura juicy it is a case of waiting for a date.

Back