• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Its Done!!

Dodsie

First of all a Very Happy New year to you all.
I had my op on the 30th Dec at St Richards - done by Shaw Somers - what a great man and team.
I dont want to frighten anyone at all here as my story is not the norm and I should first say that there were 3 other people who had successful ops and home all within a few days.
I was not so lucky I am afraid - it was always going to be a little more complicated because it was a revision of a stapling op over 20 yrs ago. However it became more than that as when they opened me up there seemed to be a lot of mess to clear up.
Along with the bypass and gall-bladder removal I had "multiple" hernias from the previous surgery and adhesions. Needless to say the op went on for a lot longer than usual and the recover has taken longer - a full week in hospital and a little longer to recover I think!
Shaw explained that the early stomach staples had disintegrated over the years and the surgery had left the hernias, his words were that "it was complicated!"
Still here I am, not exactly fit and well but on the mend.
what I will say is that the care and support given by all of the Staff at St Richards was second to none - nothing was too much trouble - even when I couldnt get to the commode for my first poop!! (is that too much information? LOL)
Still I can now join you all with a healthier and happier life xxxxx

Last edited:
Congratulations on a succesful operation and a great tidy up by the sounds!

Here's to a quick recovery!

Just want to say welcome back, and hope your recovery is quick, take care xxxx

I hope you have a quick recovery with no complications.

Rebirth

Glad to have you back with us Dodsie, Look forward to watching you shrink now xx

Glad to have you back with us, happy healing....

Looking forward to seeing a lot less of you in the future xx

First of all a Very Happy New year to you all.
I had my op on the 30th Dec at St Richards - done by Shaw Somers - what a great man and team.
I dont want to frighten anyone at all here as my story is not the norm and I should first say that there were 3 other people who had successful ops and home all within a few days.
I was not so lucky I am afraid - it was always going to be a little more complicated because it was a revision of a stapling op over 20 yrs ago. However it became more than that as when they opened me up there seemed to be a lot of mess to clear up.
Along with the bypass and gall-bladder removal I had "multiple" hernias from the previous surgery and adhesions. Needless to say the op went on for a lot longer than usual and the recover has taken longer - a full week in hospital and a little longer to recover I think!
Shaw explained that the early stomach staples had disintegrated over the years and the surgery had left the hernias, his words were that "it was complicated!"
Still here I am, not exactly fit and well but on the mend.
what I will say is that the care and support given by all of the Staff at St Richards was second to none - nothing was too much trouble - even when I couldnt get to the commode for my first poop!! (is that too much information? LOL)
Still I can now join you all with a healthier and happier life xxxxx

Oh poor you. I hope you feel better soon. I wanted to thank you for sharing your story with us. I think it is very important that pre-oppers know that things can some times not go accordingly to plan. I certainly dont want to bury my head in the sand and think that it is all going to be a walk in the park. I made my decision to have this surgery from listening to people like yourself you have gone through it and now I feel that I know it is possible to have complications and therefore going into this with my eyes wide open.

I am very much looking forward to reading your future posts when you get beyond your recover to a slimmer healthier you. take care of yourself

Welcome back sorry to hear things weren't that smooth for you. Wishing you a speedy recovery and that you are soon fighting fit.

Back