• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ive had my fleur de lis

Dizzy79

Hello I'm home now after my fleur de lis I'm so tired n will do update with pictures when I can,I've had rectus pilication too,and I'm shocked today to see they have cut almost right the way around my back! Xx

image-379369232.jpg

Before surgery

image-3560348755.jpg

Tired me

Attachments

• image-921392899.jpg
    image-921392899.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 1,431
  • image-1754163722.jpg
    image-1754163722.jpg
    442.8 KB · Views: 1,320
Rectus plication is the tightening of the lower abdominal muscles, which run across and in front of your pelvis, from hip to hip.

Speedy recovery wishes! Is it as painful as it looks? :-S

Oh i forgot to ask Dizzy, how long did you wait for your appointment for op date from seeing plastic surgeon? Ive had my final appointment and pre op assessment done and been told it should be done within 3 months. I was told i would find out a date 3 weeks before and would mostly be like a 10 week wait? Guess im just being impatient lol but would love to know date so i can organize childcare and work etc x

Hello everyone so I'm now 9 days post op,from a fleur de lis tuck with muscle repair. I was admitted into the plastic surgery ward on Wednesday the 15th at 8pm,this was the same ward I was on 11 months ago when I underwent my first tummy tuck. I was put into a private room as they didn't have any beds on the ward,I was hoping they would later put me on a bay as its nice to have other people to talk to. At around 9pm a surgeon came and asked me general question about my health,I told him that I had started with a bit of a cold,he is unsure if things will go ahead because of the risks,he books me a chest x-ray to make sure it's not gone to my chest,at 11:45pm a porter arrives to take me down to x-ray,which showed everything was fine,but he explains it will be upto the surgeon and the anetatist in the morning,so I decide to just get my head down ready for morning,I'm also told I'm first down on the list in the morning. I wake up at 7am and am feeling ok,my surgeons registra arrives and goes through everything with me and asks if I understand the procedure I'm having done,I tell her yes,and then my surgeon who will be doing my op arrives,he is a lovely man who I have seen on an off now for over 12 months,not just for my tummy,but he dealt with my broken hand last year,and a small op on my nose,he starts to examine my tummy and the. Draws on me,he asks if my tummy affects me In life,I say not really but I'm more just disappointed that my fist op didn't remove as much,so he begins to draw on me explaining he will remove this that and the other,he says I will remove your spare tyre from around the sides,he says sorry for the expression lol I say no it's fine,I call it that too lol Then his registra draws on the otherside of my tummy and says now we just wait for the anetatist to agree surgery can go ahead. A little while later she arrives,she asks me questions and says,if you were a 4 year old child then I would not go ahead with surgery if you had a cold,but so long as you understand the risks then I'm happy for you to go ahead,she just explains that after surgery there is a chance if chest infection etc,I agree it's ok and so she opens the door of my room where my surgeon is stood waiting and is told it's all systems go! I'm then gowned up given stockings and walked down to theatre holding the pillow of my bed. I arrive in the theatre department and am shown into a small room leading onto the main theatre,I'm really nervous now,I was already given a cannula the night before so he starts to explain how he will put me to sleep,I start getting really nervous now,and as the nurses put tubes n wires around me I ask they take good care of me,I've 3 young children at home n I'm now feeling scared that something might happen to me,the anetatist can tell I'm getting a little upset,and asks once again are you sure you want to go ahead,I say yes let's do this! He starts to inject into the cannula and I say I feel warm and drunk,he says yes it's starting to work. Next thing I wake up in recovery there are a few other beds in this room to,a man was to the left of me,I was alone when I woke up no nurse was by my bed,I had an oxygen mask on,a few minutes later a nurse notices I'm awake,and asks if I'm in much pain,I say I'm ok,I notice this time I've no morphine pump attached to me,this for me freaked me out a bit as last time it was a huge help! I'm then taken back to my room and told I've had a morphine injection and if I need more I can take it orally. I think I slept for a few hours now,I wake up absolutey busting for a pee! So I ring my buzzer,a nurse brings a bed pan but I can't pee! It just wouldn't come out,but I'm that desperate it hurts,I beg the nurse to put a catheter in,she says leave it a bit longer and see if you can mange again,things got worse and I was in tears now,I ring for the nurse but noone came! So I had my mobile next to me,so I rang the main hospital number,told them I was a inpatient on ward 4 n could they please tell a nurse I need help,what a joke! A few minutes later a nurse comes in and apologise that my buzzer isn't working. I tell her I really really need a pee,so she agrees to put in a catheter for me,at that my hubby and 3 children arrive,they were told to wait outside,the nurses tried for 1 hour to put the catheter in but couldn't,she said I was to tight because I was the full! She said you have sheets below you just try and pee in the bed! OMG :-/ so I did,it was almost like my bladder was paralysed I just couldn't pee! The nurse said a little trickle had come out and asks how I feel about getting out if bed to use the commode,I think it's to soon to move as it's only been 3 hours or so since my op! But I agree,ill try anything as I'm so desperate to pee! I manage to get out of the bed with the help of the nurses,it felt weird but I'm ok,I sit on the commode and a bit came out,she tells me to stand up again then sit back down,that this may help more come out,which it did :) Later that evening a nurse comes in and does my obs she tells me my Sats are low and asks me to put my oxygen mask back on,which did the trick,a few hours later she asks to check my dressings,she pulls back the covers and there was bloody everywhere!!! She says Lyndsey how long have you been bleeding like this!? I looked down and OMG I said I don't know I hadn't seen it,she goes to get a dr and he looks at me,I had 3 drains in all coming out my pubic hair area,it was just 1 drain hole that was leaking phew! So at least I'm ok. I'm to scared to sleep though as I'm scared I might bleed to death or something! The nurse tells me it will be fine n not to worry. Next morning they ask if I mind going onto a bay,as there is a very poorly lady who needs my room,I'm fine with this as I'd rather have company. I'm put onto the same bay as last year! Lol but just a different bed,there are 3 others in my bay,a woman about my age opposite and another woman a bit younger,and an elderly lady next to me. I introduce myself to the two lady's opposite who already seem chatty to each other and before I know it were all getting on like a house on fire. I ask the nurse why I haven't been given a morphine pump,she doesn't really know why and says sometimes the theatre staff just don't do them but she is happy to get me one,it's brilliant! I can control how much I need,the pain isn't to bad it's more uncomfortable than anything. I'm struggleing to eat much at meal times I just feel so full after a few mouth full's. I'm also finding it hard to sleep I'm so tired but for some reason can't nod off,this went on for 4 nights! I was so tearful it was unreal. I'm fitted with a binder this time that fastens with Velcro at the middle I was wearing this when I came round from theatre. I got up and out of bed to walk to the toilet the next day,I'm told to walk bent over I take it slow and I'm ok,it is painful but bearable like I said before its more discomfort than pain,and I suppose it's like this as the pain meds really do help,as I'm also given some oral meds,I'm also given daily injections to stop blood clots too. I'm having such a great time with the other woman on the bay we all have become great friends and we add each other on facebook. The staff are ok and some need sacking!!! The old lady next to me is treat terrible! It upsets me as this is someone's mum,so I start to involve her more in chats etc and I'm happy to see her for the first time get up a little bit more,at night she knows I can't sleep as well as the others and she every so often says,twinkle toes? Are you awake lol can u put my bed sheets straight for me? Then she says oh I shouldn't ask you that please don't tell them I asked you,awe she is so sweet and another time I'd happily help but I can't keep getting In and out if bed. Everything is going great and I ask the nurse on day 3 to remove my morphine pump as I was to start moving around more,and switch to oral morphine,2 of my 3 drains are able to come out,as they haven't drained much,the nurse lets me have gas and air while she does it,she said I'm not suposed to let you have it so just go easy on it,I was really greatfull. Both drains are out and all is ok. Next day my 3rd drain is ready to come out,and I'm told I can go home when it's done! As usuall I Waited all day for this! N ended up being discharged at 8pm I'm sent home with tramadol which are brilliant!! Paracetamol and diflafenic which is a antiinflamatory. I'm very swollen and I'm shocked to see just how far around my back they have gone! It's more or less right the way round,I'm very bruised and already I can see I am very flat despite the swelling. Sleeping was still difficult when I got home,I was comfortable I just couldn't sleep! I position myself with pillows under my knees which is how your advised to sleep. I am very tearful I'm yawning and then bursting into tears like a baby,I'm that tired. Night 6 and that's it my body allows me to sleep n boy did I sleep! Was fantastic I felt so much better,I've been out in the car with hubby and for short walks around shops,I walk really slow and always have to hold onto to hubby's arm for stability. All in all would I do this again!? Yes I would,my procedure is alot more painful than a standard tummy tuck but still it's bareable if you keep ontop of your pain meds. I went back to dressings clinic on Thursday which was 7 days post op,she removes all my dressings but says due to the size of my wound she wants to redress it for another week,I also ask why can't I have the support knickers instead of a binder,he rings my surgeon who said if I want the knickers then that's fine,so I'm booked to be measured up for those next week,as I don't feel this binder does much for me. And it's annoying! I'm not allowed to shower for another week :-/ so that will be 2 weeks without a shower! Of course I wash the important bits,but to be honest because you arnt doing much you don't get dirty or smelly so it's ok lol Feeling really really stiff today!!! And I hope that each day I feel better and better. Thanks for reading and will add more as I go along. Xxx

Glad your getting a little better each day, what a great account of your experiences! Keep us all updated! Lets hope u get back to normal asap xx

Hi Dizzy - been thinking about you, so glad to see you're up and about. Enjoyed your account but also feel a bit anxious knowing that's going to be me in a month's time! Although I'm not having the muscle tightening just a fleur de lis.

The pain medication sounds good - bring it on! :)

Great to read all the account of your op. you seem to have handled of all it so well

I had to laugh at your photos. The belly button is great, the other on looks odd. With no reference points it is hard to tell what the photo is of. My first thought was that it was a finger with a paper suture on!!

Then I realised it must be your skinny body!!!! Fantastic - you must be thrilled.

Hi dizzy,
I've read both ur threads 1st tuck and this, can I just say thank you for being so factual and honest through everything! I like ur sense of humour it comes through ur posts :)
So wot brought me to these threads is I'm on tge waiting list for abdominal plasty and it should be around July when I get it done. In all honesty I'm totally crapping myself!! I had a gastric sleeve in February last year and have lost 9 stone. I wasn't worried at all about the wls but I'm really worried about this for some reason. I think its the thought of the pain then the long recovery and the drains that are freaking me out! Any advise greatly received :)
And I'm so impressed that u managed to loose all that weight urself u really are a massive inspiration xx

Hi Hope! Im too having a tummy tuck in July/August too, excited is not the word! Ive been for all my consultations so just waiting on date now. I was told id find out date 3 weeks prior to op but the waiting is killing me now. I will keep everyone updated with my progress and diary as soon as ive had it done. Good luck with your op too hun x

I thought you couldn't be referred for plastics until you had been at target for a year is that not correct?

Every PCT is different. Mine is a bmi lower then 30 maintained for 12 months plus medical grounds and a tummy fold that hangs lower the the pubis region. x

Back