• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ive had my fleur de lis

I have a BMI of 23 but only just a year over bypass which I funded privately. Have had my weight recorded at gp ready for when I could be put forward.
I will need a fleur de Lys or more, my thighs are terrible so much more conscious now than when I was big! I will have the medical grounds and my apron hangs pretty low and is already causing problems even before the heat and sweating starts. Fingers crossed.

Hi Hope! Im too having a tummy tuck in July/August too, excited is not the word! Ive been for all my consultations so just waiting on date now. I was told id find out date 3 weeks prior to op but the waiting is killing me now. I will keep everyone updated with my progress and diary as soon as ive had it done. Good luck with your op too hun x

Hi toxic,
Looks like we will be around the same time. I rang my surgeon and got a provisional date for the 18th of July. Wish I could be excited I'm just scared :( which op are u getting? X

I thought you couldn't be referred for plastics until you had been at target for a year is that not correct?

Hi,
Yeah toxic is right all pcts are different unfortunately some more lenient than others. I was really shocked to hear the big difference between the criteria for wls to its terrible. My bmi is at 22, my pct says I must have a bmi of under 27 and be 2 years post op. However I lost all my excess weight by the august and was told to loose no more. So at my year post op appointment in February twisted at my surgeon to reffer me to plastics he said he would but did not expect the plastics team to accept me. But I went to my first appointment with plastics and they said everything was ok and o was a brilliant candidate for abdominal plasty! So here I am waiting

Fingers crossed I might be able to do the same. Did you pay privately or NHS for your wls hope? Wasnt sure if it made any difference?

Hi dizzy,
I've read both ur threads 1st tuck and this, can I just say thank you for being so factual and honest through everything! I like ur sense of humour it comes through ur posts :)
So wot brought me to these threads is I'm on tge waiting list for abdominal plasty and it should be around July when I get it done. In all honesty I'm totally crapping myself!! I had a gastric sleeve in February last year and have lost 9 stone. I wasn't worried at all about the wls but I'm really worried about this for some reason. I think its the thought of the pain then the long recovery and the drains that are freaking me out! Any advise greatly received :)
And I'm so impressed that u managed to loose all that weight urself u really are a massive inspiration xx

Hi,well done on amazing weight loss,please don't worry about your tummy tuck! It's not as bad as you think,when your in hospital they won't let you feel much pain and always keep you topped up on amazing pain killers,I've had worse tooth ache lol even now it's not bad I'm now 2 weeks and a few days post op,and today I have been a whole day with no pain killers! Up untill I let out an almighty sneeze before :-/ lol and the pain has come from my muscle tightening it feels like it's burning,I wish is held that sneeze in now,I have been doing all sorts so recovery has been ok,I've been driving for a week now too,wrong I know but I only go a short distance,I've been sleeping on my side too,so that should give u some idea as that it's not so bad,so please just try and put your fears aside and be excited about your tummy tuck,both tucks I was home in 3 days,you'd get a longer stay with an In-growing toe nail lol xxx

Stupid question but do they lift your pubis with a tummy tuck?

Ok update time! :)

Last Thursday I attended the dressing clinic and they revealed all and my absolute amazement!!! I've got no stitches! :-0 I said what!!! She said he has stitched you from the inside to make minimal scaring! She said don't ask me how they do it lol so the outside had been stuck together with prickstick lol nah only joking its sirgicle glue :)
It looks brilliant! It's so neat and tidy I'm so very pleased and lucky as my last tuck compared was a mess,but still was greatfull all the same.

So my dressings came off,I was told I could shower but not bath! I'm not to over wet it and I'm to make sure it's dry properly before I get dressed,she said in 1 weeks time I can start putting E45 on the scars but only a little! Not to over do it as it's best to keep the scar line as dry as can be.

My next app was with the OT to get fitted for my support knickers,as this time they have me am abdominal binder which is a bit rubbish,the OT had made me 2 pairs,with braces!!! I said OMG I don't want braces on them :-/ so she said its to stop them rolling down but I said ill do without thank u lol

They are so tight!! Tighter than I can remember my other tummy tuck ones being but because it's been provided by a expert u think its right! But the pain I got from them didn't seem right,when I got home I went to the loo and was horrified to see that I had blood on them,they were that tight it had opened up my drain hole!
So I rang dressing clinic back,she said oh it all looked nice and dry when I seen you,so she said just express gently as much blood out if it as u can :-/ so I did and there was only a very small amount left to come out so it's all healed now,as the pressure garment I've been using the binder again,as I'm just not comfortable at all with it!
And I've been reading about them and the yanks don't even use support garments anymore as they say it's doesn't benefit you and in fact can restrict blood flow to the scars and cause skin death! So I'm having serious second thoughts! What do u all think?

I've now been discharged and my next app will be with my surgeon at 3 months post op,after care and advice is very poor in my opinion! I mean after surgery they told me to walk hunched over,but failed to say only for a day or too! I went a week walking like that untill the nurse at dressings clinic informed me I should be standing upright now or ill do my back in,how was I supposed to know,I could of ended up looking like quazzy mo-do's cast off!

Pain wise is ok! I've been able to do all sorts,I've been out and about I've even been driving short distances,today I have been all day with no pain killers,until about an hour ago when I let out an almighty sneeze! :-0 so I've taken 1 tramadol and it's bedtime soon anyway,the pain from the start lady's is very bearable Indeed,I've had worse toothache and I suppose so long as you keep ontop of your pain meds you'll be fine and then gradually you'll notice your not needing them so often.

My results I'm over the moon with! I've taken some pics and I will continue to update,I've lost a stone in weight since my op too so that's nice :)

Xxx

image-3252138863.jpg

image-2510407062.jpg

Fingers crossed I might be able to do the same. Did you pay privately or NHS for your wls hope? Wasnt sure if it made any difference?

Im not sure if iy makes a difference I got my wls on the nhs. It shouldn't make a difference surely but u never know with the way things work now. Good luck with it all u can do is try and twist I did lol

Omg! That is incredible. Very jealous right now.

Hope I asked because I was told that the NHS would only pay for one. Congrats on getting both funded, will give hope to lots of people!

Hi,well done on amazing weight loss,please don't worry about your tummy tuck! It's not as bad as you think,when your in hospital they won't let you feel much pain and always keep you topped up on amazing pain killers,I've had worse tooth ache lol even now it's not bad I'm now 2 weeks and a few days post op,and today I have been a whole day with no pain killers! Up untill I let out an almighty sneeze before :-/ lol and the pain has come from my muscle tightening it feels like it's burning,I wish is held that sneeze in now,I have been doing all sorts so recovery has been ok,I've been driving for a week now too,wrong I know but I only go a short distance,I've been sleeping on my side too,so that should give u some idea as that it's not so bad,so please just try and put your fears aside and be excited about your tummy tuck,both tucks I was home in 3 days,you'd get a longer stay with an In-growing toe nail lol xxx

Thanks :) hopefully il be ok I just don't like the thought of pain and im worried as I have a very demanding life and job so im worried as to hpw long I will be out of action so to speak lol. U sound like ur doing fantastic! Ur so brave. The pics look great. If I were u I would not wear the support things until u have checked it out with the ot surely they shouldn't be so tight they make u bleed! Xx

Hi toxic,
Looks like we will be around the same time. I rang my surgeon and got a provisional date for the 18th of July. Wish I could be excited I'm just scared :( which op are u getting? X

Hi hope, unfortunately i still dont have a date :sigh: I saw the ps for the last appointment nearly 3 weeks ago but was told i would not get a date until 3 weeks before op. All i was told is the op will hopefully be in July or August. So guess ill just have to wait. Im hoping it will be mid July as im away on holiday from 12th to 15th so anytime after is perfect! Im just wishing it will be the week after i get bk :D x

Hope I asked because I was told that the NHS would only pay for one. Congrats on getting both funded, will give hope to lots of people!

I was told at my first ever seminar for my wls that plastics would not be an option. So im confused with it all to be honest. My plastic surgeon even mentioned me going back to get a boob lift after my tummy so we shall see. I really don't understand how the whole funding thing works its a mystery!

Hi hope, unfortunately i still dont have a date :sigh: I saw the ps for the last appointment nearly 3 weeks ago but was told i would not get a date until 3 weeks before op. All i was told is the op will hopefully be in July or August. So guess ill just have to wait. Im hoping it will be mid July as im away on holiday from 12th to 15th so anytime after is perfect! Im just wishing it will be the week after i get bk :D x

Hopefully ur date will come at the right time. Mine is only a rough date still have to wait for the confirmation letter x

Well ladies! I'm 34 years old and have for the first time in my life wore a bikini ! Lol here I am today 2 weeks 6 days post op xxx

image-3607652052.jpg

Wow Dizzy - just catching up on your progress and you look fabulous chick. I am so impressed with how you are looking in such a relatively short space of time. It's giving me hope and some comfort as I'm now starting to get very nervous knowing that in 3 weeks time it will all be over and done with for me too!

My Consultant told me he doesn't use support garments now either. Apparently lots of studies have shown they don't help speed up the healing process. Cynical me wonders if its just a way to save a bit of cash though! He has suggested if I want to get some Spanx or similar though I am more than welcome as he knows us ladies like to feel "held in"!! Bless him - he called them Granny Pants and then said - I keep asking my wife what they're called but all I can think of is Spanking and I daren't say that in a consultation with a patient in case they report me! LOL :)

Anyway, thanks for the update Dizzy, impressed with the additional weight loss as well. Do you know how much what they cut off you weighed?

Back