• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ive had my tummy tuck!

Dizzy79

I am in hospital now and just wanted to let you know I've had my tummy tuck ;-) it was done Monday.
I will be doing a big update with pics for you all to see.
X

Whooo! Excellent stuff! Rest up and recover soon :)

Great news Dizzy, rest up honey :) xxx

Congratulations! Hope you are home soon :) x

congratulations i look forward to reading an update

Congrats, bet you're looking fab!
Em xxxx

Marvellous, bet when ur recovered u feel fantastic. Looking forward to hearing more xx

Ok so I was admitted on Sunday 17th June at 2pm ready for surgery on Monday 18th.
I was visited on the Sunday evening by a surgeon who came and asked me questions about my general health, I also asked which procedure he had me down for, as on my funding acceptance letter it said apronectomy, but when I went for my app with the plastic surgeon, he said I would benefit from abdominalplasty, which is a full tummy tuck, but said he could only do what was written on PCT funding letter :(
But I refused to have half a job done and leave me with a huge upper overhang, so I got in touch with my GP who got in touch with funding, they said even though it said apronectomy they would fund abdominalplasty and are happy to do whatever is needed.
So the Surgeon told me not to worry and that they would be round first thing to go over what was going to be done and to sign consent form.
I have been told I'm first on the list down to theatre in the morning :)) I'm really nervous now, and everything's feels so real, I am In a bay of 4 beds, I've been chatting with the other ladies, it's nice as it passes the time, I'm a bit reluctant to get into bed as I am not actually ill, it's weird.
Ok time to sleep!
Morning of the op and I'm really looking forward to it now, and thank goodness I'm first down, I do not fancy sitting here all morning having time on my hands to worry about things.
Surgeon has been, he was the same surgeon who did a small op on my nose a few months back.
He spends time examining my tummy, pushing and pulling and looking at it from every angle, ok he says my problem is this upper bulge, I may have problems to just pull down, so will need your Consent to make an incision down the centre, maybe all the way down or part, and across pubic area.
For me this is fine, I said I don't mind, the surgeon gasps and said well I do!! I don't want to make more scars, this has my name on it, so if I'm able then I'll do it with minimal scaring.
He explains that my belly button will be removed and a new one made.
I ask that all my sides will have a nice shape and he says oh my!! C'mon I have to be a realistic I can only do so much, deep down I know he is right.
He explains the risks etc.
He then says he will make his way down to theatre and send for me :)

20 minutes later a nurse arrives to take me down, she is a nurse off our ward, she is really friendly and makes me feel at ease.
It's a fair walk down to theatre.
When I arrive I go into a small room where I can see a set of double doors open into main theatre, it looks quite old, I get into a trolley bed and the nurses pile in, I start to shake a little with nerves, a anaesthetist starts to insert a needle into the back of my hand, while other nurses put sticky things over my chest and back, I thank the nurse from my ward for stopping with me until I'm asleep.
They start to insert fluid into the back of my hand and he says he will start to put me to sleep, at this a nurse hands me a black mask she tells me to take a good few deep breaths on it and that it will also help to send me to sleep, I start to feel sleepy I look from face to face of each nurse and my eyes begin to fill with tears and I picture my 3 kids and pray I get through with no problems and that is the last I knew.......
I am woken up by 4 nurses all shouting Lyndsey ! Look at this lol as they are lifting the sheet off me,look Lyndsey look at your new flat tummy! We Are all jealous over it, look Lyndsey,im still not 100% with it, but I know now that I'm safe.
I ask how much skin was removed; it was just under 5lb.

I am taken back to the ward, I am positioned in a lounger style, with my knees up being supported by pillows and my back propped up.
I have a morphine drip to which I can control my dose, I can push the button when I need it, I can if I want press it every 15 minutes, I cannot overdose.
I make 2 phone calls, but I am told this because I can't actually remember doing it, my mother said I sounded drunk lol
I think I slept for a good few hours and then the dinner trolley arrived I was in theatre for 5 1/2 hours, I am given a coffee and I choose a turkey sandwich to eat.
The coffee was disgusting, and I think the morphine must have affected me as I am told I was shouting a little and telling everyone in the bay about the vile coffee I have been given lol
Ok the dreaded pee pee time has arrived :/ I push my buzzer and they bring me a bed pan, I am determined to pee on this without making a mess on the bed lol
I lift my whole ass off the bed and hey presto I did it :)) this has been a big worry of mine, but I've done it.
I have a bit of a temperature so they give me antibiotics, my pain is fine infact I'm really surprised, but saying that I am pressing this morphine Button at every chance I get, because I'm terrified of feeling any pain, and I do not fancy getting to the point where I actually feel I need to press it.
Omg my eyes! They are so so sore, swollen like an allergy :(. I began coming out in hives a few day's ago, I do have a skin condition that I got last year what is called chronic idiopathic urticarial ,it's been fine for 7 months so why now it's flared up I don't know.
My eyes are getting worse, my vision is really blurred, I've buzzed for the nurse, who agreed they are swollen.
I've told her I've take my 6 antihistamines this morning so I know it's not an allergy, but it's getting later now so I will try to sleep.
Tuesday has arrived, had an ok night, no pain, just the normal waking as you do with being in a strange place, the nurse came round, I need to pee ,but she also come to wash me and said I can bed bath you or you can get up, this is 7am! So I think for a moment and think oh well I got to shift sooner or later so I decide to get up.
It's the nice nurse again from my ward who accompanied me down to theatre, we are having a right giggle, I'm always cracking jokes me and seem to be making lots of friends here.
The nurse tells me step by step as I'm getting out of bed, she is telling me to breathe out as I get up and that it going to absolutely wreck!! ( pain) when I stand up, but I'm up and it's not actually that bad :) I'm really really surprised! I think I've been reading to many stories on these tummy tucks and have assumed that everyone will be in agony, and really it's not.
My mum and dad are coming later to see me.
I've got 2 drain bottles in, they come out of my pubic hair area, I can't stop lifting the sheets looking at my bandages :)) it's already flat and I just feel a huge difference I'm so excited!!
My eyes are all blurry and are filling up with gunk! How mad, it's actually bothering me more than the tummy tuck itself :(
Ok I have walked to the loo all alone, I was fine ,I've also had my morphine taken off me now, and I'm switched to, oral pain killers.
I'm on 2 paracetamol 1 dehydrocodine.
I'm reluctant to accept the diflafenic sodium as I'm on the lansoprazole for the ulcer I had, and it says not to take anti-inflammatory's at the same time.
Pain is still ok ,nothing to write home about.
Ok mum and dad came!! Mum helped me out of be and dad asked the nurse if they could take me off the ward in a wheel chair, they didn't see why not so off we go,2 drain bottle in lap and I'm off! Trust us to have a dodgy wheel, I'm all over the place going down this hospital corridor and mum and dad are like 2 kids fighting Over who is going to push next lol we head out to the main entrance where there are shops and a cafe, I can feel the fresh air hitting my face as we approach and I begin to smile, smile that this time yesterday I was terrified and a small percentage of me worried I'd never get out again, I suppose it's normal to fear this a little.
We went into the clothes shop, nothing will stop me and my mum shopping lol and I brought a new handbag hahha we also went into the caff mum n dad ha a meal I had a cup of tea and half of a scone, no butter or jam! My dad is telling me to put something on it ,but I always eat without butter ,and I explain the scone is naughty enough without adding more lol
But I give myself a break, I need my body on my side right now, after all it's gotten me through a huge operation, least I can do is treat it.
I'm back on the ward now, mum and dad have gone, my eyes are almost closed up :( I go to the toilet and omg they are in a right mess! So swollen and stuck with green stuff, I'm trying to clean them up, and the most disgusting green and yellow gunk is being pushed out! What the hell is going on :( I go back up bed and buzz the nurse, she isn't must use ,she says it's called morphine flush ,which mean I was sensitive to morphine, I don't think so!! This is like an infection.
A care assistant comes over and brings me some sterile water to help them, she is really sweet, she then come and brings me some cucumber and cold tea bags lol
The girl out the next bed, is great. We have become good friends ,she comes over to my bed and sits beside me while I pop the cucumber on them, and does hand reflexology ,feels more like a beauty salon to be honest.
Ok I had to go back to the toilet and clean my eyes up again! It's disgusting I'm crying and so I will buzz the nurse again.
The nurse gets the Dr to write me up some eye drops, they feel great! The nurse said maybe I've had a reaction to the tape and ointment they use to close your eyes in theatre, who knows, all I know is it's getting me down.

Wednesday and I feel great! Surgeon came round and all is looking good :) he is impressed by my mobility and has said that that they maybe can remove my drains tomorrow and go home! :)
My bp was a little low today, they nurse asked me up cough to get my pulse up ,it did the trick.
Had my husband being in some treats for the other lady's in my bay for tonight :)
Me and the girl out the next bed are desperate for a cup of tea, but they are short staffed ,so off we both go in search or a vending machine, me with 2 fluid bottles and her with a drain an some noisy machine in what i can only describe as a suitcase lol I call it her Prada handbag.
Ok Thursday is here surgeons have been and my drains are coming out and I'm off home!!! :) I have 30ml in one bottle and 60ml in the other, but this is total since op ,they don't empty them, as they are vacuumed closed.

I have stopped taking the lanzoprasole in order to take the diflafenic because I feel it will benefit my swelling.

Ok I'm off home !

Pain is fine and I'm looking forward to being at home.

I have 3 children aged 2,4,10 my mother is coming to stop tomorrow to help out.

I'm sleeping on the sofa as its much more supportive and I have a 2 year old who like to come into my bed and sleep in a star shape most nights, and I do not fancy getting kicked in my incisions.

Swelling is pretty bad I feel huge!! Also I have weighed myself to L and omg I have lost bugger all infact I've gained!! But I cant possibly as I haven't eaten very much to have gained weight.
I am wearing my support underpants and they feel tight but its important to wear them.
I went to dressing clinic today, and all dressings have been removed, im so pleased with my new tummy ,my stitches are all dissolvable, and I'm delighted with how my surgeon has done me a great looking belly button!
I'm told I can shower ,and rub E45 on my scars.

image-700638592.jpg

image-1978230133.jpg

image-2148100187.jpg

image-160587171.jpg

image-160587171.jpg

image-2521367375.jpg

image-700638592.jpg

Attachments

• image-760473354.jpg
    image-760473354.jpg
    418 KB · Views: 902
  • image-2107165433.jpg