• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ive had my tummy tuck!

Looks fantastic, I'm really impressed with your new belly button. It all looks lovely and neat. Will look forward to seeing more pics once you are all healed. Hope the rest of your recovery is nice and easy :) x

thanks for the update you look fantastic

Thanks for sharing your experiences, it's fascinating. I'm sure there are any of us who may follow this path, best wishes.
Ps you look fantastic xx

Fab results ! Thanks for sharing so much detail, I feel like I was there with you. Very helpful indeed xx

Incredible! The story, the pics, are all amazing! you're getting me thinking now :)

Awwww Hun.. Amazing.. Hasn't it come round quick for you :) I can vaguely remember you saying u were having a mini tuck? Is that right?

My tummy looks like yours used too.. And I been told as I haven't had kids then a mini will only be suitable at my stage in life... :)

But you look cracking girl.. Well done xx

Looks great - could I ask who your surgeon was and what hospital he works from? Thinking of getting mine done so looking for info on srgeon. Thanks

Wow what a great post, thank you for that you look blooming fab xxx

biggy123 said:
Looks great - could I ask who your surgeon was and what hospital he works from? Thinking of getting mine done so looking for info on srgeon. Thanks

Thank you,yes I will be happy to get his name for you and a number I'll ring up and find out for you xxx

You look amazing x

Ok update time :) the good the bad and the ugly

I'm 3 weeks post op today,and I must say I'm doing ok,I have been very comfortable and have been doing quite a bit really,but although I feel ok doing things,it's later that I find I suffer,my tummy at times feels really acey,like you get if you've done a lot of abb crunches.
The swelling over the past week had lessened.
My scar is healing very nicely,infact pretty much done,and the stitches have come out of the belly button and scabs dropped off,I still can't believe how nice my belly button is!
A few nights now I have been woken up by my husband gasping! Lyndsey!!! I say what!!? Your on your side! Lol apparently I say oh just a few more minutes please! I miss sleeping on my side.
I think out minds are cleaver things because during the first 2 weeks I stayed on my back with no sneaking onto my side,so now I'm further along my body and mind must know that I'm healing good.
I've a section above my belly button ( I made a separate post about this) that is hard like stone,I'm unsure if it's normal or not but from what I can find on the net,it's either scar tissue or fat necrosis,this isn't as bad as skin necrosis.
I also have hardens arrears along my scar too.
I have also weighed myself This week and I'm pleased to announce a happy result,I weigh 10lb less than the day I went into surgery,so that's 5lb from the weight of my skin and 5lb from feeling like not eating to much.
I've mostly lived of soups,and bread rolls,I've found since my TT that I get full very quickly after eating,it's great! And I will hope maybe I can shift maybe 7lb more,I don't need to but I'd like to,and it's ok to loose this after the tuck,they say around 10lb loss but nomore than a 20lb loss is ok post op,and won't affect the results.
Saturday night I had a little accident and hurt my tummy,during the small hours ( in the dark) I was tending to my daughter and walked into the baby safety gate,it's metal and hip height! :( but not once but twice I walked into it,I've bruised my scar a little and was feeling really sorry for my poor tummy.
Since then I have been in pain,I'm not so sure it's all from that knock because today I have noticed as yesterday too I'm very stiff and my tummy feels uncomfortable to bend or walk.
Yesterday I traveled for 3/4 hours in a car to visit my parents and when I got there I was so so stiff

Today while I was preparing to take my 3 weeks tummy photos I was horrified to see that my tummy not only hurts but is huge!! My belly is compared to last weeks pictures,bloody awful my belly looks like a bum at the bottom with a overhang.
I rang the hospital as I must admit I felt scared that I'd either done damage with the knock or something wasn't right.
My after care from the hospital has been very poor! My only visit post op was to the dressings clinic 7 days post op.
My next app to be seen is 9th of August and I only got this by ringing to enquire when I will be seen.
So today I had no idea who to ring! My GP!? Or the hospital,so I rang up my plastic surgeons secretary who said its the dressings clinic you see.
I rang them and told them about my bum belly ( lol ) and she said to come in for them to take a look and an hour later I arrived and the nurse first looked me over and agreed it looked like a overhang,she said its possible you have some fat necrosis ( I hope not!! )
She then called for the surgeon to look at me,he first off said I remember you from the ward! Massive weight loss !! He said my scars are looking very good,as for the swelling he said I can't feel anywhere that I could perhaps drain it for you,and nor was he concerned in anyway because visually on the outside Its looking ok,swelling is to be expected and quite possibly I could have some fat necrosis,the only problems that they might cause is infection,as for the pain he is unsure why,he explained that during a TT when they lift the abdomen up they shave off layers and then the first layer relies on the top layer of blood vessels to keep going and sometimes the fat dies resulting in fat necrosis,or something like that anyway.
Also I must say this week and since the op really I've not been going to the toilet for a number 2 as often as I should,I'm going 4/5 days before any movement and I'm taking senna max strength which doesn't work,Friday I was in pure agony! Shaking and sweating in pain I drank prune juice and drank so much water that nothing helped I ended up with tablets and not for my mouth if you know what I mean! I must mention this to my GP if things don't start to improve.
Ok,and I must thank 1 lady from this forum who has been amazing to me through all of this,on my facebook and by text,she has been such a big help and has answered all my questions and believe me there has been many!! And sorry to say probably more to come lol
She herself has had an amazing weight loss journey and a TT and is a an amazing and beautiful person so to RUSTYANGEL thank you!!!!!
I'm going to add now the pictures that I took today,I don't want to as I don't look good,but I will because my whole reason for my posts is to help you wonderful people on here,maybe not now or even in 12 months time,someone might be thankful to read this to compare and see what is to be expected,so for that reason here goes... I'm putting 1 of last weeks on next to it so you yourself can see the bum belly lol

image-1970331639.jpg

Last weeks

image-1709903122.jpg

This week aka bum belly :-(

image-734175084.jpg

3 weeks belly button,healed well,with 1 stitch just clinging on there I see!

image-2511443831.jpg

Look at that swelling :(

image-1085985909.jpg

More of the swelling

image-3550120854.jpg

On a better note,this was me yesterday fooling around mad as ever!

I've also since my op had myself a tongue pierced here's a pic

image-2141695976.jpg

And a new tattoo,it's on my other wrist,it's of a bird with take me far written on it

image-1983198998.jpg

Mwahhh! Thank you for reading and for all your lovely comments,it's so nice.
And I also keep my watchful eye on all of your story's and love to see just how well all you amazing people are doing. Xxx

Last edited:
Hello
Bit of an extra update I'm 3 weeks and 5 days now post tummy tuck,I am doing ok I returned to the dressings clinic on Thursday and I seen a nurse she was really kind,she said that everything looked great and any hard areas were normal,possibly fat necrosis or scar tissue,she showed me her tummy tuck scar that she had 9 months ago ok and said that even now it was a bit hard in places,what I couldn't understand was this nurse was large and I'd say roughly around 18 stone,when I said I'd lost 16 stone she said oh you've lost me as in weight,so maybe she just looked bigger,what I can't understand is although she said she had lost 3 stone how and why did she have a tummy tuck :-/ I'm hoping she paid private for this and that the hospital arnt giving staff tummy tucks just because they work in the plastics department,I know it's non of my business but I'm just thinking 1 she may go on to shed more weight which will leave skin and 2 people are fighting to get this op when they have lost so much weight through hard work and really need it! I'm baffled :-/
My stitches have all gone now from my belly button and it looks great,I'm not sure but I've smelt something slightly wafting about even after a shower but I can't see any sign of infection,I will use some detol soap in the shower next time and maybe some antiseptic wipes just incase it's something collecting actually inside the belly button hole,who knows,it could be dried blood or anything,disgusting I know sorry :)
The swelling has reduced loads! But still there out towards my hips! I can't even do up a button size 10 pair of jeans yet.
But and for anyone who is getting a TT I want you to remember this ok SALT!! Salt in food is a big no no for swelling,it only dawned on me when I had the swelling last week that I had eaten the night before a ( small) portion of Chinese food! It's got loads of salt in it,and reading on the net loads of TT-ers have said the same thing.
Even months later they still have to watch.
I have no feeling around my belly button and directly down to my pubic hair area,again this is normal they said it might come back or might not,and also over the coming weeks I will feel some odd sensations/discomfort as things begin to wake up,the nurse said you've had major major surgery and it's all to be expected
I've taken some more pics for you to see.
I've also gone back to sleeping only on my back as it also helps with swelling.
I've also been back and got another smaller pair of support pants from the occupational department and they altered my other 3 pairs
I spent a fortune on M&S support pants and I don't need them! The ones the hospital have given me are fantastic! They go right up under my boobs and have a plastic things around the elastic that sticks to your skin so they don't roll down,my advice to any of you ladies who in the future are getting a TT is to ask the hospital what they will provide you with ok :) because you can keep going back to get more or altered.
Here is 3 weeks 5 days belly.

This is me with the support garment on

Thanks for reading x

Attachments

• image-3321030779.jpg
    image-3321030779.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 607
  • image-1501628950.jpg
    image-1501628950.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 421
  • image-4285661931.jpg
    image-4285661931.jpg
    410.5 KB · Views: 419
  • image-1295930679.jpg
    image-1295930679.jpg
    410.5 KB · Views: 367
  • image-1960611328.jpg
    image-1960611328.jpg
    418.6 KB · Views: 576
  • image-4053490277.jpg
    image-4053490277.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 659
Sorry you have probably mentioned it in your post but is the pain really bad when you come round from op, as I am probably going to need mine sorted and I am a bit of a wimp lol x

suzie290304 said:
Sorry you have probably mentioned it in your post but is the pain really bad when you come round from op, as I am probably going to need mine sorted and I am a bit of a wimp lol x

Hiya thank you :)
Absolutely not painful at all,you will feel nothing a few hours later I was eating and yapping on my phone,and you will be given a morphine pump what you control an then next day they take it off you to give oral meds and even then I felt no pain,trust me it's fab :) don't worry ok xxx

Back