• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ive had the band done

paula 36

Hi my names paula,im 36 and have been overweight for about 20 years.I have yo yoed for years.We moved as a familyt to oz last october and now have just had the banding done last friday.
Was just wondering if anyone else on here has had it done?xx

I haven't had it done either but just wanted to say good luck and heres to a slimmer future.

Hi my names paula,im 36 and have been overweight for about 20 years.I have yo yoed for years.We moved as a familyt to oz last october and now have just had the banding done last friday.
Was just wondering if anyone else on here has had it done?xx
Hiya
Im getin mine done on Monday.....
How are you feeling? Are your sore?
Im getting scared now, were you?
Oooo all these questions....
Nessa xxx

Hi nessa,im ok just sleeping alot and havnt really been out of bed.Im off to the dieticians tommorrow to find out about the next stage after the first 2 weeks.
Ive had mine done 5 days now,it feels really wierd eating icecream etc for breakfast.
Are you having to pay for yours yourself or are you getting it done on the nhsxx

:mad:
Hi nessa,im ok just sleeping alot and havnt really been out of bed.Im off to the dieticians tommorrow to find out about the next stage after the first 2 weeks.
Ive had mine done 5 days now,it feels really wierd eating icecream etc for breakfast.
Are you having to pay for yours yourself or are you getting it done on the nhsxx
Hiya huny
I am having mine on the NHS due to my asthma... Ive put on nearlty9 stones since 2005 since a near fatal asthma attack that left me on daily steroids and with little mobility... not to mention severely depressed and petrified.
I am not strong enough for a BYPASS rite now, infact I would have less than a 25% chance of surviving the op at this point so the surgeon refused to do it, he sugested doing a BAND and then when Im stronger turning it into a BYPASS........ But hopefully I wil do sooo well with the BAND that I wont need the BYPASS.
I am terrified rite now Paula..... I never thought that I would feel like this...... I have been looking forward to this for soooooooooo long, but now it is just around the corner I am truly worried.....
What if I cant breath properly when that are brining me out of the GA...... On the TV programme FAT DOCTOR on Monday night I seen a patient struggling to breath after his op..... He had a BYPASS and a STOMACH AMPUTATION but nevertheless he was still having the breathing problems that I suffer from GA...... That poor man died 4 days after surgery!

OMG.... I do sound like the bringer of doom and gloom todaye.... I am not meaning too, I just want to explain how I am feeling.
Lv Nessa xxx

Bless ya lovey,dont keep all this to yourself .I come on here alot or pm me.
Im sure they wouldnt be even touching you if there was a chance you wouldnt be ok.
I dont want to talk about the op or the after math in case i upset you.
Please be strong mate i will be thinking of you.
Sending you a big hugxx:hug99::hug99:

Bless ya lovey,dont keep all this to yourself .I come on here alot or pm me.
Im sure they wouldnt be even touching you if there was a chance you wouldnt be ok.
I dont want to talk about the op or the after math in case i upset you.
Please be strong mate i will be thinking of you.
Sending you a big hugxx:hug99::hug99:
Aww thanks for your kind words (it means a lot)
Its OK to talk about the aftermath, I have upset myself already, I am the kinda person that throws myself into everything I do, so I have listened, watched and read about everything Good and Bad with regards to te surgery... LOL I know I must be mental, but I like to know as much as possible.
I know that there is going to be pain ect, but I am pretty used to that with heaving his 21stone body around, I am only just over 5ft.... I look lke a WEEBLE lol.......... but at lease the weebles wobbled but they didnt fall down, if I fell Id never get back up LOL
Anyways sweetie, plese dont think that you are going to make me upset, Ive got tough skin!! LOL
Lv Nessa xxx

Aaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww You Will Do It Girl.you Sound So Brave.im Thinking Of You Mate.

I Feel Alot Better Today And Not So Sore,im Off The Tabs As Well.the Dietatician Weighed Me Yesterday ,i Lost 3 Kgs Since Fir Yippeexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Paula and congrats on shedding the 3kgs.:) I have a second appointment with my surgeon on Mon 28th to go over it all again and sign consent forms. I'll be asking for the band rather than the bypass. I just don't like the idea of my insides being re-arranged.

How the weather in Austrailia and what's it like living there?

Hi lovey,good luck with your appointment.Let me know how you get on.
The weather has been lovely,it has just started to cool down.the days at the minute are about 20 ish.We love it here ,we came over in october.We wished we had done it years ago.
Where do you live?xx

I'm in N. Ireland. Where it rains a lot. :D

hi all, i just heard today which hospital i will be having my gastric banding done and me am very scared now its here, as a lot of you i have been waititng so long for it or to lose weight and am excited too. So pleased i have found this site, think i will be a frequent visitor xxx cherry

Hi Paula,

Well done on having your banding. How are you finding things so far? Have you had a weigh in yet ? I'm not sure how a banding works, do you start loosing weight straight away? Don't you have to have fills or something?

Gerry
:)

Hi gerry,i have lost 5 kgs in just over 2 weeks.I am having my first fill on the 13th of may so hopefully i will feel a bit more restricted as at the minute i dont reallyxx

Back