• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I've not slipped

ItsmePaula

Hello all thank you so much for all the encouragement you have been giving me over the last few weeks.

I've not slipped, I've simply just changed direction. Let me explain. Over the last few days I really have been struggling. I am not hungry, I have just been feeling sick with the milk. Maybe I am all milked out (15 days).

Yesterday I hit my bottom. I am not one from crying but I did shed a tear. Not because I am hungry, I am sick of milk to be fair. I'm really doing well, so I know it's working. I am down another 3 lb which is a total of 11 lb in two weeks. That's amazing!! Yesterday, I was really low I could not even look at milk.

I had an appointment with my dietitian and she suggested I try the low cal food diet for a week and then go back on it or stay on it, which ever I preferred. I was so relieved. I literally felt a huge weight lift.

So I think the moral of my story is, when you need a friend get help. It's out there, don't suffer alone. I did and it was harder for me to cope with. It's another battle, but this time i have won.

13 days to go before I am off to Sollihull I am going to do this.

Thanks for listening x

Hello all thank you so much for all the encouragement you have been giving me over the last few weeks.

I've not slipped, I've simply just changed direction. Let me explain. Over the last few days I really have been struggling. I am not hungry, I have just been feeling sick with the milk. Maybe I am all milked out (15 days).

Yesterday I hit my bottom. I am not one from crying but I did shed a tear. Not because I am hungry, I am sick of milk to be fair. I'm really doing well, so I know it's working. I am down another 3 lb which is a total of 11 lb in two weeks. That's amazing!! Yesterday, I was really low I could not even look at milk.

I had an appointment with my dietitian and she suggested I try the low cal food diet for a week and then go back on it or stay on it, which ever I preferred. I was so relieved. I literally felt a huge weight lift.

So I think the moral of my story is, when you need a friend get help. It's out there, don't suffer alone. I did and it was harder for me to cope with. It's another battle, but this time i have won.

13 days to go before I am off to Sollihull I am going to do this.

Thanks for listening x
Hi Paula where are you having your op done I had my date yesterday 12th July I'm having mine done at spire parkway at Solihull by dr nijjar , this milk diet sounds bloody awful fortunately my dietitian gave me a choice and I chose shakes with a meal but I suppose it's different with different surgeons , good luck with your weight loss journey look forward to hearing how you progress x

Hi Paula where are you having your op done I had my date yesterday 12th July I'm having mine done at spire parkway at Solihull by dr nijjar , this milk diet sounds bloody awful fortunately my dietitian gave me a choice and I chose shakes with a meal but I suppose it's different with different surgeons , good luck with your weight loss journey look forward to hearing how you progress x

I'm at the same hospital with Dr Richardson. I did try the shakes but they made me really sick. I did Milk for 15 days and now I am food. So far I've lost a stone.

I'm at the same hospital with Dr Richardson. I did try the shakes but they made me really sick. I did Milk for 15 days and now I am food. So far I've lost a stone.
Wow that's amazing I know they put you on this diet to shrink your liver but weight loss is a big bonus you've done really well x

Thank you Jojo - I hope you are doing really well x
Hi yes thanks I'm 7 lb down since Wednesday so not too bad ! had to come off the shakes and just having milk morning and afternoon and salad with either chicken or boiled eggs and feeling better for it gradually portions are getting smaller too crazy but gone past being hungry so great start I think , how are you feeling ? I've got my pre op tomorrow and really excited now especially seeing the pics of LJ in her hospital bed , hope we get to meet up would be real nice while we're in hospital x

YESSSSS we should make a date and swap some hospital gossip while we are there. I feel great, I am on week three of the LSD and so far lost 17lbs. After speaking to my dietician I confirmed that I can go on the low cal diet. It's much better for me. I am taking the vitamins - I need to pick up some liquid multi vitamins and iron but that is just speaking to the doctor and they send it through so not a problem there.

I am pretty much ready, I don't have my pre op until next tuesday, the day before as I am to far. Hopefully all is well then. I am staying in a hotel near the hospital and I think I am going in around 12:30pm on wednesday. I need to look at that. I think that I have been so focussed on not eating that I havent really focussed on the surgery. I don't tend to get to worried about surgery and because its always been my choice it feels good.

Yes isnt it exciting for Lj She looks amazeballs. I wont look glam when I go in lol. Let us know how the pre op goes and what they do.. :hugs:

YESSSSS we should make a date and swap some hospital gossip while we are there. I feel great, I am on week three of the LSD and so far lost 17lbs. After speaking to my dietician I confirmed that I can go on the low cal diet. It's much better for me. I am taking the vitamins - I need to pick up some liquid multi vitamins and iron but that is just speaking to the doctor and they send it through so not a problem there.

I am pretty much ready, I don't have my pre op until next tuesday, the day before as I am to far. Hopefully all is well then. I am staying in a hotel near the hospital and I think I am going in around 12:30pm on wednesday. I need to look at that. I think that I have been so focussed on not eating that I havent really focussed on the surgery. I don't tend to get to worried about surgery and because its always been my choice it feels good.

Yes isnt it exciting for Lj She looks amazeballs. I wont look glam when I go in lol. Let us know how the pre op goes and what they do.. :hugs:[/QUOT
lol no I defo won't be looking that good either , I'll be sure to let you know how it goes tomorrow xx

It sounds like you're doing great on the pre op Paula. I know for fact i couldn't last on just milk for even a day. Luckily with heartlands they give you a choice between 5 different pre op diets so when my time comes i'm going to opt for the low calorie real food diet. It looks like it would be a lot easier to stick to. The only thing i worry about is having to weigh and plan everything. I've never been very organised and my house is always busy with visiting family members.
I saw that both you and jojo are having your ops in Birmingham. Are you both from there? I'm in Birmingham too but my surgery is going to be at heartlands. I have Mr Nijjar as my surgeon too though @jojo22674. What do you think of him?

It sounds like you're doing great on the pre op Paula. I know for fact i couldn't last on just milk for even a day. Luckily with heartlands they give you a choice between 5 different pre op diets so when my time comes i'm going to opt for the low calorie real food diet. It looks like it would be a lot easier to stick to. The only thing i worry about is having to weigh and plan everything. I've never been very organised and my house is always busy with visiting family members.
I saw that both you and jojo are having your ops in Birmingham. Are you both from there? I'm in Birmingham too but my surgery is going to be at heartlands. I have Mr Nijjar as my surgeon too though @jojo22674. What do you think of him?
Hi Victoria lovely to here from you and good luck with your surgery ,
Yes I'm from Birmingham and I'm having it done at spire parkway in Solihull as I'm not far from there and I'd already been in a few weeks before with a shoulder problem and found the hospital really nice and decided if I was going to have the VSG it would be there so I asked around for a few names and dr super was advised very good but unfortunately he doesn't do the sleeve so I booked for a consultation with dr nijjar I found him really nice but that was the first and last time I saw him till I have my surgery , however he did call me personally to give me my date ! Like me I'm not good with the weighing of food and stuff but my dietitian did say use the few weeks to try and train yourself to only eat at meal times no snacking and stop as soon as you are full sooooo .. first couple of days I done 3 shakes a day but headaches were a real problem so now Ive switched to vlc and found I only eat a very small amount of it anyway , when is your surgery and what did you think of dr nijjar ? X

@_Victoria_ I think when you get to that stage of your journey you are so determined to get things right. Well for me anyway. I did last on the milk for about 15 days which is when I could not get another drop down me. The shakes made me feel physically sick. After speaking with my dietician she suggested low cal. Which I have been so much happier on. The thing with weighing is to put your plate on the scales as you serve that way you cant go wrong. The reason you have to weigh is so you dont exceed so many calories. It's designed to shrink your liver.

I am from Essex so I will be travelling by car service the day before and then home again on the friday after.

Hi all, and Paula;
I completely understand how you feel about milk. I feel as though I've been on it forever now (was never keen on milk to start with). I was cancelled in June but have a new date in Walsall for 10th July.
I was advised by my dietitian that once you choose a diet you can't swap, so i'm stuck with milk. I'm now on day 43 :(
Its lovely to see other people booked in for the same time frame.
xxx

Last edited:

Yes isnt it exciting for Lj She looks amazeballs. I wont look glam when I go in lol. Let us know how the pre op goes and what they do.. :hugs:
Hi Paula went really well at pre op today I was let's say a little more than nervous but nurses are lovely there they make you feel so comfortable just took general bloods think it was 5 tubes , bp , general forms they need to fill , mrsa swabs and height and weight and to finish off a chat with the pharmacist about meds and gave me a list of the best chewable vitamins which was a help so all good xx

@jojo22674 I't not sure about my surgery date yet. I'm getting mine through the NHS so its been a long journey for me. I had my first appointment back in November 2015. Right now I'm on the waiting list which Mr Nijjar told me would be up to 6 months and its now been just over 4 and half so i hoping to hear something soon 'cause i would have to have notice to do my pre op diet. He seemed really nice at my only appointment with him too so hopefully things go well.

@ItsmePaula I hope that's the case for me! I know for a fact i wont wanna screw anything up at such an important stage. I've reached all my weight loss targets so far so i should be okay.. I guess i just get nervous about getting something wrong. My last appointment with the dietitian i asked so many questions. lol It's a long way to come from Essex! I hope they look after you real nice while you're here.

@Mollypop Thats so strange about your pre op diet. At the information seminar i went to at my hospital they told me there's 5 diets to choose from and that you're allowed to switch between them daily as long as you stick to one option per day so you don't exceed your calorie intake. I still can't really get my head around how its so different for every person and every hospital. They all seem to have their own way of doing things.

@jojo22674 I't not sure about my surgery date yet. I'm getting mine through the NHS so its been a long journey for me. I had my first appointment back in November 2015. Right now I'm on the waiting list which Mr Nijjar told me would be up to 6 months and its now been just over 4 and half so i hoping to hear something soon 'cause i would have to have notice to do my pre op diet. He seemed really nice at my only appointment with him too so hopefully things go well.

@ItsmePaula I hope that's the case for me! I know for a fact i wont wanna screw anything up at such an important stage. I've reached all my weight loss targets so far so i should be okay.. I guess i just get nervous about getting something wrong. My last appointment with the dietitian i asked so many questions. lol It's a long way to come from Essex! I hope they look after you real nice while you're here.

@Mollypop Thats so strange about your pre op diet. At the information seminar i went to at my hospital they told me there's 5 diets to choose from and that you're allowed to switch between them daily as long as you stick to one option per day so you don't exceed your calorie intake. I still can't really get my head around how its so different for every person and every hospital. They all seem to have their own way of doing things.
Yep Molly you got it right it does differ depending on the surgeon or dietitian don't worry too much about it I only started it literally 2weeks before my date I know others start right from like weeks in advance and are restricted to one diet but maybe some hospitals just like structure who knows I'm like you and had the option so roll with it Hun you soon get the hang of it xx

Yeah, from the booklet they gave me and going by my BMI it says I'm supposed to do the pre op diet for 6 weeks but my dietitian told me because i've been dieting anyway they might let me do it just for 4. Either way really i just want the date now so i can start counting down the days lol I'm grateful to have it on the NHS because i could never afford surgery otherwise so i suppose i'm happy to wait. but at the same time i feel like i just want it over with. Its trying being on the verge of a new life.

@_Victoria_ Yeah it is a long way from Essex. I have 2 hospitals that I could have gone to nearer me. One was Ramsey Health which was not for me and the other was Spire. I ended up with the Hospital Group simply because I liked the doctor the best and felt comfortable with him and also the patient advisor Rachel was really lovely and supportive. I have had 2 dietician consults and both really supportive. They have already booked in my aftercare appointments too so I don't have to worry. Sometimes its worth going the extra mile to get the best care. :)

LOL!! @jojo22674 xx so how did it go what did they do. I have to do all this next tuesday. I keep getting little fluttering in my tummy, nerves or excitement?

Hi Paula went really well at pre op today I was let's say a little more than nervous but nurses are lovely there they make you feel so comfortable just took general bloods think it was 5 tubes , bp ,ecg general forms they need to fill , mrsa swabs and height and weight and to finish off a chat with the pharmacist about meds and gave me a list of the best chewable vitamins which was a help so all good xx

Oh that don't seem to bad. I am such a wimp!! I am more nervous about the blood tests lol!! I'm not really nervous about the operation, I am nervous about the cannula hahaha!!! OMG Hark at me eh!!

Oh well at least the nurses were nice. What is the hospital like? Did you have to wait long and how long were you there? Sorry for the questions, but I am a bit of a nerd and like to be super informed about everything x

Back