• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I've not slipped

Oh that don't seem to bad. I am such a wimp!! I am more nervous about the blood tests lol!! I'm not really nervous about the operation, I am nervous about the cannula hahaha!!! OMG Hark at me eh!!

Oh well at least the nurses were nice. What is the hospital like? Did you have to wait long and how long were you there? Sorry for the questions, but I am a bit of a nerd and like to be super informed about everything x
Don't be daft I'm only too happy to fill you in I would be the same , hospital is lovely didn't get to see a room though ! I'm not sure but I was in there February with my shoulder only a day procedure with follow up physio and was really impressed with it that's why I opted for this hospital so big thumbs up from me !!
That's a thought are we in a room or a ward I'm just presuming as private patients its a room ? My appointment was at 11 I went in at 11.05 and was there for just over an hour , and seriously I had the best nurse ever her name was Michelle she could see I was a little nervous and made me feel so comfortable and the best I've had regarding bloods honestly didn't flinch and I'm a bit of a wuss too lol think you'll be aok Paula nothing to worry about honest if my experience is anything to go by no worries and this is just the pre op xx

I definitely agree with you @ItsmePaula. I would go further too if i thought i would get better care. I was so nervous when i first started going to appointments to the point i would feel physically sick but then as soon as they were over i was completely fine again. I get less and less nervous each time i go now because everyone is always so nice. At heartlands hospital they have their own building for weight loss management too so that's good i guess. means i don't have to be in the super busy hospital every time i go. lol

Nope not yet :( I'm n the waiting list for surgery.. have been since Valentines day so just over 4 and half months now. My surgeon said it would be up to 6 months for surgery so i'm really hoping to hear from them soon. I find myself hoping for letters from the hospital every day now lol

Arhhh I can imagine every time waiting for that letter to drop it'll be here soon and you'll be counting down the days then to the start of new you good luck x

Aw thanks so much!! :D i really hope so. In the meantime i have to try and stick to healthy eating which is actually getting harder the more anxious i get. lol

Blimey tell me about it. In all the weeks I have been dieting the yesterday and today I have started to get grumpy and short tempered. When that happens I usually eat. I think that in itself is a great achievement

Thank you. Today I had my biggest challenge. Fresh cream cakes. I never even sniffed them. And a full on bbq provided by work. Never even sniffed it. I went to my office, opened the fridge and then proceeded to gently wept into my lettuce tomato and chicken salad. I did also eat a satsuma..

It's all going to be worth it.. The weeks of torture far out weighs the years of misery. Also the brighter future. I can't wait!

You're doing so well. Congratulations @ItsmePaula. That really is a big victory :) you're gonna smash this is you keep up this willpower. Future looks very bright indeed :D x

That is an achievement. Really hard isn't it being a bystander to 'off limit' foods when your'e hungry. Only a few days for you now :) xxx

Hi @ItsmePaula. as far as I know I'm still on for tomorrow. No cancellation yet :) Feeling bit nervous now...that sicky feeling. Have to be up at half 4 to leave at 5.15am. Never going to get enough sleep tonight.
How are you feeling about yours? You excited?
Really hope I'm well enough to jump on here tomorrow night and add an update. If I can't.. best of luck and will be thinking of you xxx

Best of luck for tomorrow @Mollypop Will be thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery. Look forward to hearing from you xx

Back