• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2016 Surgeries

Monalisa

HI I have had no previous gastric surgery previous surgery was abdominal so unsure if bowel can be stretch for bypass. I have been through weight management programme and waited 18mths to have this done on the NHS which I know is not a long time for some people but it seems a long time for me! I am so looking forward to having a tool to work with to continue on my weight loss journey and I hope everyone has a safe surgery:)

Good luck whichever tool you gain x

lou:-)

Hi, I'm having the band on Feb 3rd - I know not January but there isn't a folder for Feb and too excited not to post here. Keeping it a secret so it's good to say (write) it out loud :) - Good luck to all having wls soon - look forward to your posts and sharing your journey with you xx

Cadburys72

Hi, I'm having the band on Feb 3rd - I know not January but there isn't a folder for Feb and too excited not to post here. Keeping it a secret so it's good to say (write) it out loud :) - Good luck to all having wls soon - look forward to your posts and sharing your journey with you xx

Hi Lou, that's good news Feb will soon come x

Cadburys72

Been a long long long long time ! Great guess we will be very close to each other's dates yes I've started to day 2L of milk one salty drink or fruit juice and lots of water ...I'm having a bypass How about you ? What's you diet consist of will weigh my self today and find out my pre pre op diet weight . I lost 3 stone on Christmas Day then diet went kaplunk and I don't know exactly what the damage is so will need to weigh to find out . Annoying I didn't know I was going to have surgery until a few days ago otherwise I wouldn't have been so relaxed over Xmas as my liver must of shrinked right down and would have been even better for surgery , but since stopping my diet I can assume it's gone back to normal size so hope this pre op diet works ... What's you starting weight ? X

Hi, I was on the milk diet but by day 4 became ill, i was awake all night in pain just frothing at the mouth, couldn't tolerate so much milk, so am now on, breakfast : 2 eggs or 2 bacon rashers with tomatoes and mushrooms .Lunch , salad or veg with tuna, ham or turkey low fat dressing . Dinner : veg, chicken, beef, or gammon. Gravy. Snacks : 3 X fruit, yoghurt , 200mls fruit juice 1/2 pint milk. Which is bearable now. Wasn't yesterday. The nurse was lovely she said there was no way she could drink that much milk. I feel better now. I have lost 1 stone since Xmas day so not a bad start. Your defo lose weight on pre op diet. How's it going for you? Hope your doing better than I was ? Moo moo x

juju_doll

juju_doll

I'm having my sleeve on the 4th! Maybe we should start a new thread? So excited too!

Cadburys72

Hi jellykelly, I had my pre op yesterday, was given all this information then. Also lots of info online re: puréed stage. I tried to copy and paste mine wouldn't let me , sorry. What I can and shouldn't attempt . Regarding the milk diet talk to the nurse on the ward or dietician don't suffer , as she said to me that's what there their for. Xx

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, I'm back!

Was home yesterday but not upto posting an update.

I am now bandless and will post an update on my diary xx

Monalisa

Hello, I'm back!

Was home yesterday but not upto posting an update.

I am now bandless and will post an update on my diary xx

Glad to hear all went well and that your stomach is healthy for your sleeve
My turn next Thursday not sure if I'll be all in one op or two have to wait and see hope you have a speedy recovery x

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to hear all went well and that your stomach is healthy for your sleeve
My turn next Thursday not sure if I'll be all in one op or two have to wait and see hope you have a speedy recovery x

Thank you!

Not long now then. I'm feeling alot better today as I have moved on to sloppy food - yumm :D

How are you feeling, nervous, excited? xx

los in it

Happy to see your back mazza, just rest up and I look forward to your next update x

Monalisa

Thank you!

Not long now then. I'm feeling alot better today as I have moved on to sloppy food - yumm :D

How are you feeling, nervous, excited? xx

Nervous this time more so than my previous two ops worrying whether I'll wake up with or without a sleeve lol will they do your hernia with your sleeve or Is it two more ops for you? Glad ur feeling better x