• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lap-Band Juicing yea or nay

SingerMo

I juiced last year for a month, which was great for getting healthy vitamins.
But I don't see anyone really talking about it.
Do the dieticians give any advice against it.
I figured it would be a good thing to do during the liquid stage.
Would love any thoughts.

purplepansyem

Crazy Cat Lady ;)
I don't know what effect juice would have on a banded stomach but have you considered the sugar content?

I'm waiting for a sleeve and have been told to water any juice down 50/50 which would reduce the sugar content but would also reduce any vitamins.

Willow4

Hi Singermo

Yes my Dietitian told me the same as Purplepansyem, I have to water the juice down.

emmahc1975

I chose to stop juicing when I had my band & sold my juicer to remove the temptation! It's too easy to have a lot of calories & sugar. I have thought about a nutri bullet as you get all the fibre too but again the high sugar & calorie content put me off.
It would be useful for the liquid stage & band fills though

SingerMo

I chose to stop juicing when I had my band & sold my juicer to remove the temptation! It's too easy to have a lot of calories & sugar. I have thought about a nutri bullet as you get all the fibre too but again the high sugar & calorie content put me off.
It would be useful for the liquid stage & band fills though

I have a bullet and a juicer. I guess if I stick to mostly vegetable juices it would be cool. I will talk to the dietician about it. Thanks for the advice.
There's so much to think about

purplepansyem

Crazy Cat Lady ;)
I've got a nutribullet as well and add less fruit, more greens like spinach, beetroot and artificial sweetener, plus protein powder.

sparklyjayde

I have a band and love juicing. But I always have more veggies than fruit. Typically I have cucumber, spinach, ginger, celery and then some apply for flavour. I think it's great for vitamins. But I normally have it as a meal for breakfast so it's not just extra cals. I don't think there is anything wrong with it.