• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

June 2014 Surgeries

Mine is hopefully 24th June and will be having a sleeve at derby.

I'm planning on putting some old ones on I read on someone's post that's what they did and just threw them away afterwards, those gowns aren't the nicest and I have to walk to theatre I think the drafts are not good for being knicker less

Does anyone know if we will wear any underwear during op? What are the essentials for the hospital?

When I had my first op...they gave me some disposable undies...but not too sure what they will do this time around.

They gave me disposables but never fit. I was told in no uncertain terms no knickers. However, it really is dependant on your surgeon. I wrapped a blanket round the back of me

Our gowns were huge at Derby. A Nurse told me I would be given some net ones, but when I was told to put the gown on, they said to keep my Knicks on. I wore old ones as I knew they would be thrown away afterwards. They were covered in iodene and my drain site leaked a lot, so quite mucky.

I kept mine on old so threw away covered in iodine and could wear dressing gown to theatre to cover opening in back of gown

I wore my dressing gown down too, although 2 of me would have fitted in the hospital gown, so there was no gaping at the back.

Idm they can look at my fat asss if they wish. :)

Back