• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

June 2015 Surgeries

Kellou, I am hoping to have my op on the 23rd. I am nowhere near 4 pints. I am averaging about 2. I have my pre op on weds so am going to check then. Is/Was anyone else super paranoid about getting bumped? It's making me so anxious at the mo. :confused:

I was anxious in case my liver hadn't shrank enough, the first question i asked when i woke up was 'was my liver small enough', I'm sure there are loads of people on here that thought the same xxx

Crikey Pauline, I am not even stepping on the scales as have been very bloated. You're like Superwoman, well done. :D

Re the bakery, please explain why I just spent an hour looking at home made bread recipes :S

Ohhhh make me some, i keep thinking surely it wouldn't hurt to have just a little slice of bread with my soup, oh wekk, only another 3 weeks to go lol xxxx

I was anxious in case my liver hadn't shrank enough, the first question i asked when i woke up was 'was my liver small enough', I'm sure there are loads of people on here that thought the same xxx

When my sister came round from her wisdom tooth operation 1992, her knickers were inside out and she was convinced she had put them on properly. So when ever I come round from an op my first thought is about my knickers!:p

Did u do milk or low carb pre op? Xx

Hey Melons, now you've taken my mind off my LSD.
The first thing I'm going to check is my boxers, then my meat-&-2-veg:eek:, then I'll ask if my liver was small enough!:D

Wayne i know what you mean, the night before my op i suddenly started wondering if i was doing the right thing, i think i was really just mourning big dinners, chips etc lol.

Since my bypass i've lost just over a stone.....thats in a week !!! I know thats because i haven't really been eating and it will slow down but goodness me, i've never been able to achieve that before, i know it was the right thing to do, even though i've just been to the shop and you know the smell when you pass the bakery...i could have killed for some nice warm bread......oh well, i'm off for my chicken soup lol...

Don't worry Pauline, I'm not having 2nd thoughts, I know this is the right thing and I'm 100% up for it.

When my sister came round from her wisdom tooth operation 1992, her knickers were inside out and she was convinced she had put them on properly. So when ever I come round from an op my first thought is about my knickers!:p Did u do milk or low carb pre op? Xx

When I came round on Wednesday my knickers were missing ! I found them later in a wee plastic bag in my cupboard, think they just got too soiled with iodine and "stuff" .

Ohhhh make me some, i keep thinking surely it wouldn't hurt to have just a little slice of bread with my soup, oh wekk, only another 3 weeks to go lol xxxx

I do bake bread, but normally the heavily seeded kind. Will be a while before any of us could eat that lol ( prob a good thing )

When I came round on Wednesday my knickers were missing ! I found them later in a wee plastic bag in my cupboard, think they just got too soiled with iodine and "stuff" .

I never got the option to keep mine on, the nurse told me to take everything off!!

Lynn x

Kellou, I am hoping to have my op on the 23rd. I am nowhere near 4 pints. I am averaging about 2. I have my pre op on weds so am going to check then. Is/Was anyone else super paranoid about getting bumped? It's making me so anxious at the mo. :confused:
Hi thanks for the message, I know it's madness im constantly worrying. I don't feel too bad now that I can't do the full 4 pints lol. Good luck for your op hun keep us updated how your getting on xx

Hi Junies
I hope you are all doing ok. I am 2 weeks today and I have lost exactly a stone! I will take that! I am still on puree and making it very sloppy. I have to say I could murder something crispy like a cracker but I will stick to the rules, only another 2 weeks on puree then soft food which I am looking forward to. I am hoping to get back behind the wheel by the end of this week and then back to work next Thursday if all goes to plan!
Anyway good luck to all newly post op and those pre op. I have to say the time flies by following the op!
Jackie
xx

Hi Junies I hope you are all doing ok. I am 2 weeks today and I have lost exactly a stone! I will take that! I am still on puree and making it very sloppy. I have to say I could murder something crispy like a cracker but I will stick to the rules, only another 2 weeks on puree then soft food which I am looking forward to. I am hoping to get back behind the wheel by the end of this week and then back to work next Thursday if all goes to plan! Anyway good luck to all newly post op and those pre op. I have to say the time flies by following the op! Jackie xx

You are doing fantastic Jackie :) well done hun.

Hugs x

Hi Junies I hope you are all doing ok. I am 2 weeks today and I have lost exactly a stone! I will take that! I am still on puree and making it very sloppy. I have to say I could murder something crispy like a cracker but I will stick to the rules, only another 2 weeks on puree then soft food which I am looking forward to. I am hoping to get back behind the wheel by the end of this week and then back to work next Thursday if all goes to plan! Anyway good luck to all newly post op and those pre op. I have to say the time flies by following the op! Jackie xx

Well done you are doing amazing! Keep up the good work x

I never got the option to keep mine on, the nurse told me to take everything off!!

Lynn x

Call me old fashioned.. no-one asked, maybe no-one dared :8855: :D

Hiya Junies

I just put up my one week update in my diary. Tells you all where I am with everything.

Hope you are all recovering or preparing well from/for your ops. Wish we had some nice weather its miserable here atm.

Take care all. :grouphugg:

Hello can I join the June 15 oppers? I had a sleeve on the 10th (Weegie is my op buddy!) via NHS in Walsall. I am feeling fine now with no real ongoing issues - on liquids for 4 weeks. I also have my diary which I need to work out how to rename! Anyone know?

Back