• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

June 2015 Surgeries

I am not sure I will make it but I will try - I am trying to follow but the huge differences from one team to another is quite amazing.

Hi Everyone
I am not sure whether this has been started yet so I thought I would get the ball rolling. I am having a Sleeve on 2nd June at Sunderland. I started my LRD diet today which is a week early but it feels the right time to start it. Time is fast approaching and I am so excited. Not scared yet but sure I will be nearer the time. Would love to hear from anyone else due their Op in June.
Jackie
x
Good luck. JACWAT All i know is that I am going to have surgery before end of year at SRH.

And here's me dreaming of puree. Can try it from Wednesday 14 days out. I have a feeling it will be fine but we will see. Really feel for those of you on liquids for 4 weeks. I might end up 4 weeks but at least I can try.

The other thing is being able to have Dutch bakes right from day one, with spread. I forgo the spread and use them as a snack. Ones enough and they just melt.

Making a roast dinner tomorrow. Father's day etc.. Already planning on making extra and freezing little pots for Wednesday. :)

Last edited:
Has Anyone heard from Jay??? A little bit worried as she hasn't been here for a bit :( Hope she's doing ok xxx

Me too, she's been very quiet and I know she was struggling too. I really hope she is ok xx

Gutted, was meant to have my surgery today - was bumped at book in :(

Oh no! That's awful. Will you get another date? So sorry t gear this. Xx

Oh no! That's awful. Will you get another date? So sorry t gear this. Xx

Just waiting to hear, I knew it would happen. It was my fear and it was realised. There was no ICU bed free. I have chronic sleep apnea.

I have totally cleared all my work for 2 weeks, arranged child care. I feel embarrassed. :cry:

So sorry to read this. Mine was due on May 20th and I was cancelled 16 hours before - they did however have it all rebooked by 10th June so I truly hope you get a new date asap xx

So sorry to read this. Mine was due on May 20th and I was cancelled 16 hours before - they did however have it all rebooked by 10th June so I truly hope you get a new date asap xx

The thing is, I was told I would have my surgery before last Christmas, so we have booked a big family holiday to the South of France at the end of July. I am also a Principal of a school so it is hard to keep rearranging things. I know everyone has their sob story and someone more deserving needed that bed, but it doesn't stop me being devastated.

PS, Debs - I think I wrote on one your old posts about impact on the mind - if you are the same Debs!

So sorry for you hun. Hopefully you will get another date very very soon. Hugx

Hi Junnies.
I've got to the knee knocking stage now as I go into hospital tomorrow for my RnY op on Monday.
I've found the LSD pretty easy to stick to once I got the first few days over. Proof of the pudding will be my weigh-in tomorrow.
I hope that the rest of you are doing well and best wishes to the other pre-oppers.

Hi everyone.
It's official, I'm now a Post Opper!!!
Just got home again. Everything went well with the RnY.
I'd lost 12kg on the LSD prior to the op, so there was plenty of room inside.
Looking forward to my new life.

The thing is, I was told I would have my surgery before last Christmas, so we have booked a big family holiday to the South of France at the end of July. I am also a Principal of a school so it is hard to keep rearranging things. I know everyone has their sob story and someone more deserving needed that bed, but it doesn't stop me being devastated. PS, Debs - I think I wrote on one your old posts about impact on the mind - if you are the same Debs!

I am. The mind impact was devastating. I felt angry and sad all at one. Had to cancel my holiday and rearrange so much. It's had an nuisance impact most definitely. It ended up happening bang in middle of diagnoses GCSEs and as there is only us 2 it was extra worry she didn't need. As a side issue it also meant I did 5 weeks on liver shrinking ?

I hope it gets sorted. X

excellent news Wayne. That's a whopping LRD loss. Well done indeed :D get well soon :happy096:

Last edited:
Hi everyone. It's official, I'm now a Post Opper!!! Just got home again. Everything went well with the RnY. I'd lost 12kg on the LSD prior to the op, so there was plenty of room inside. Looking forward to my new life.

Welcome on board :). Woah look at that pre op loss, you smashed it Wayne. Take it easy hun and sip sip sip. :)

Hi everyone.
It's official, I'm now a Post Opper!!!
Just got home again. Everything went well with the RnY.
I'd lost 12kg on the LSD prior to the op, so there was plenty of room inside.
Looking forward to my new life.

Congratulations Wayne and well done on that loss! Amazing! Take it easy now your home!

Back