• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

June 2015 Surgeries

Jay.A.M

I'v been booked in for an op in June under the care of UCLH with Mr Jenkinson but with the private Wellington clinic. I'm sooo happy, I have my pre op assessment on the 21st May, can anyone tell me tell me what it entails or what to expect please? Any info would be more than appreciated.

Jacwat

Hi Everyone
I am not sure whether this has been started yet so I thought I would get the ball rolling. I am having a Sleeve on 2nd June at Sunderland. I started my LRD diet today which is a week early but it feels the right time to start it. Time is fast approaching and I am so excited. Not scared yet but sure I will be nearer the time. Would love to hear from anyone else due their Op in June.
Jackie
x

Jay.A.M

Hi jacket. Great idea for staring this post! As you already know, I'm too far behind you as mine will hopefully be on the 6th June so we will both be embarking on our life changing journey together :)
I have my pre op on the 21st and I think I'm expected to start my LSD diet on the 25th. I think you're absolutely brave to be starting your diet a week early so well done you! I will definitely be keeping a close eye on this thread. Anyone else down for June? X

Last edited:

Jacwat

Hi jacket. Great idea for staring this post! As you already know, I'm too far behind you as mine will hopefully be on the 6th June so we will both be embarking on our life changing journey together :)
I have my pre op on the 21st and I think I'm expected to start my LSD diet on the 25th. I think you're absolutely brave to be starting your diet a week early so well done you! I will definitely be keeping a close eye on this thread. Anyone else down for June? X

Thanks Jay. I have my pre op the day before you. Not long now is it? x

Jacwat

No not long at all. So when do you think the nerves will start kicking in?

I am sure they will kick in. I was more nervous before I got my date. I think now I am focussing on filling my diary up at work and keeping myself busy. Today has been ok but feeling tired now so early night on the cards x

pinkcere

I'm due on the 9th :) however, I haven't received any confirmation by post yet. I had the diet seminar where they gave me two options for the LSD milk and low carb to be followed for two weeks prior surgery. So now is just wait for the pre-op assessment or something I'm really confused as I havent heard from them yet. But I'm happy to be in the surgery monthly thread! :)

stringbean

Im not hoping to be. But there is a thread already started for june 2015 surgeries. Ive had pre op but no date yet. Mine involved talking about my chosen surgery obs height weight bloods ecg etc. I also did swabs mrsa spoke with dietician about 2 weeks milk diet. Good luck

Jacwat

I'm due on the 9th :) however, I haven't received any confirmation by post yet. I had the diet seminar where they gave me two options for the LSD milk and low carb to be followed for two weeks prior surgery. So now is just wait for the pre-op assessment or something I'm really confused as I havent heard from them yet. But I'm happy to be in the surgery monthly thread! :)

Oh the uncertainty is awful, is it worth giving them a ring to chase it up? Welcome to the June thread though! xx

weegie

June 10th is my op date. Will be travelling to Belgium on the 9th for a mini gastric bypass as a revision from my band. LSD starting 2 weeks before my date. Will be interesting as currently in Turkey and, as it is a small resort, the supermarkets do not have a wide variety. Will probably just do a VLCD. No scales or tape measure, :) well it is called a holiday.

Last edited:

Nigglybits

Hiya Jay, im also under the UCLH & having my op done at the Wellington. But i'm under Mr Adamo. I'm just waiting for a phonecall with my date :) I had my pre assessment last week. I had to speak to the dietician about the lsd & then foods after sugery. Then have some bloods taken, an ecg, a lung blow test thing lol, then went on to speak to the nurse about medications, health problems etc
Hope this helps :)

Jacwat

June 10th is my op date. Will be travelling to Belgium on the 9th gir a mini gastric bypass as a revision from my band. LSD starting 2 weeks before my date. Will be interesting as currently in Turkey and, as it is a small resort, the supermarkets do mot have a wide variety. Will probably just do a VLCD. No scales or tape measure, :) well it is called a holiday.

Good luck Weegie especially when on holiday. Could you just do the milk LSD, this may be easier to get? Enjoy your holiday xx

weegie

Well that would seem the easiest option, however I feel nauseous just thinking about 4 pints of milk a day :) Food here is fantastic, it is a small village but I have found restaurants to be very accommodating. Fish / salad / boiled egg/ yogurt / fresh fruit will see me through. Throw in the odd cappuccino and I will be set. :) Cannot weigh other than with my eyes so have to trust them :8855:

Jacwat

Day 3 doing the Milk LSD and all of a sudden I am really hungry :( have been ok so far. Think its early night time x

Butterfly_lady

Just wanted to wish everyone good luck and I hope you all do fantastically xx

pinkcere

Oh the uncertainty is awful, is it worth giving them a ring to chase it up? Welcome to the June thread though! xx

Yeah i phoned the secretary today, she is on holidays this week. The person who answered the call told me that nothing has changed with regards of date and i should receive confirmation soon. She also said for me to start the LSD two weeks before surgery date regardless....I'm so confused now...:confused: When will I have pre-op assessment? Shall I just pop in the hospital at surgery date and say hi I'm here for bypass?? How can I tell my work I'm having a procedure and will need time off?

At least the date still June!! :):D

Nigglybits

Hiya everyone, finally got my date today. 13th June, having a sleeve at the Wellington eeekkkk :) :) Only taken me 3 1/2 years to get this far! :) I'm starting my LSD 30th may. Mine consists of 4 tins of ww soup, 4 muller lights & a pint of milk :) Certainly beats the 8 weeks of milk diet I had to do on tier 3!!
Well good luck to everyone, see you all on the losers bench :) :) xxx

Wayne S

Hiya everyone, finally got my date today. 13th June, having a sleeve at the Wellington eeekkkk :) :) Only taken me 3 1/2 years to get this far! :) I'm starting my LSD 30th may. Mine consists of 4 tins of ww soup, 4 muller lights & a pint of milk :) Certainly beats the 8 weeks of milk diet I had to do on tier 3!!
Well good luck to everyone, see you all on the losers bench :) :) xxx

Good Luck!