• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

June 2015 Surgeries

Jacwat

Stick with it, I'm day 15 and 14lbs down, 6 more days and it's time to meet Bertie band x
Thanks, well done on your loss, that's brilliant. Good luck with your surgery, keep us all posted!

Jackie
Xx

Jacwat

Yeah I can understand how that would be frustrating but stick with it like flo said and hopefully the scales will catch up with your progress. Maybe increase your fluid intake? How are you with water? Stick with it jac hun and you'll soon see the fruits of your labour. I think you're absolutely amazing for starting it early anyway and out of your own accord.
My pre op is the day after so be sure to fill me in and let me know how it goes. I start my LSD on Saturday, is it weird to say I'm kinda looking forward to it :) maybe because it's a step closer lol. X

Thanks Jay, it's actually ok and slightly easier not having to consider food. I am not drink I g water really, too full of milk LOL! I will let you know how the pre op goes and good luck for yours. Not long for us now! :)
Jackie
Xx

aprylsdad

Hi all my name is Steve, sorry to hijack this thread but Im having a bypass on 4th June and have struggled with milk diet this morning as its making me feel sick. I am going to start the food diet tommorrow. In my factsheet I can have salad vegetables for lunch with no dressing. Can I have a bowl of salad for dinner instead and a tin of tomatoes for lunch. Any advice would be welcome. Many Thanks

Jacwat

Hi all my name is Steve, sorry to hijack this thread but Im having a bypass on 4th June and have struggled with milk diet this morning as its making me feel sick. I am going to start the food diet tommorrow. In my factsheet I can have salad vegetables for lunch with no dressing. Can I have a bowl of salad for dinner instead and a tin of tomatoes for lunch. Any advice would be welcome. Many Thanks

Hi Steve

I am having my surgery 2 days before you. Sorry I can't help with your question as I am doing the milk diet, lattes are my saviour! I can't see it being a problem though as long as you stick to the food that's on your sheet it won't matter which order you have them in!
Good luck
Jackie

andiebee

Thanks Jacwat for the response good luck with your bypass.[/QUOTE

Beat of luck I can't believe how quick your surgery date is now , I remember talking to you after my bypass in March xxx hope all goes well and u will be fine Sunderland is a lovely team and ward staff are lovely x

Jacwat

Thanks Jacwat for the response good luck with your bypass.[/QUOTE

Beat of luck I can't believe how quick your surgery date is now , I remember talking to you after my bypass in March xxx hope all goes well and u will be fine Sunderland is a lovely team and ward staff are lovely x

Thanks Andie

I can't wait. I have pre op tomorrow! I have just seen your photos on your thread. WOW!!!!! You look amazing!
Jackie
Xx

Jay.A.M

Hi Steve. Sorry im not able to be of help as i havent evem got my lsd choices yet (get them tomorrow hopefully at my pre op then start on saturday). Lol i will be having my op 2 days after you.
But like jackie said im sure as long as you eat whats on your paper then hopefully you should be ok. Maybe you can also try to call your dietician as well, they may have options which you may like better. I hope things get easier for you.

Jay.A.M

Hi Steve

I am having my surgery 2 days before you. Sorry I can't help with your question as I am doing the milk diet, lattes are my saviour! I can't see it being a problem though as long as you stick to the food that's on your sheet it won't matter which order you have them in!
Good luck
Jackie
Hey jackie. How are you? How did your pre op go today? That's one step closer for you :)

Jacwat

Hey jackie. How are you? How did your pre op go today? That's one step closer for you :)

Hi Jay
It was fine thanks. Chat with Pharmacist about medications post op, then bloods, swabs for MRSA (from every orifice!), ECG and general chat. Was fine, hopefully they will all be negative and surgery can go ahead in 12 days eek!

How are you?

Can't wait for us to compare 'after' notes :)
Jackie
Xx

Jay.A.M

Hi Jay
It was fine thanks. Chat with Pharmacist about medications post op, then bloods, swabs for MRSA (from every orifice!), ECG and general chat. Was fine, hopefully they will all be negative and surgery can go ahead in 12 days eek!

How are you?

Can't wait for us to compare 'after' notes :)
Jackie
Xx
Noo wayyyy?! From EVERY orifice? You are joking right??? Can't say I'm looking forward to that lol. Hope everything goes well for you jackie.
Yeah ill definitely excited about being able to compare notes with you too. It's my turn tomorrow so I'll be sure to let you know how that goes. Not sure why but I'm a bit nervous, how long did it all take? Xx

Jacwat

Noo wayyyy?! From EVERY orifice? You are joking right??? Can't say I'm looking forward to that lol. Hope everything goes well for you jackie.
Yeah ill definitely excited about being able to compare notes with you too. It's my turn tomorrow so I'll be sure to let you know how that goes. Not sure why but I'm a bit nervous, how long did it all take? Xx

ha ha, it was fine. I was there about 2 hours from start to finish. It will vary from hospital to hospital though wont it? Nothing at all to be nervous for though. They were all really nice though. Seems so real now!
Let me know how it goes xx

Jay.A.M

ha ha, it was fine. I was there about 2 hours from start to finish. It will vary from hospital to hospital though wont it? Nothing at all to be nervous for though. They were all really nice though. Seems so real now!
Let me know how it goes xx
Loool. Yeah I definately will.
Did you get weighed? I'm a bit worried because I've been having my last favourite meals before the lsd so I'm sure I've put on weight since the last time I was seen. I don't want this to ruin anything for me or hinder the process. Xxx

Jacwat

Loool. Yeah I definately will.
Did you get weighed? I'm a bit worried because I've been having my last favourite meals before the lsd so I'm sure I've put on weight since the last time I was seen. I don't want this to ruin anything for me or hinder the process. Xxx

Morning Jay
How was your pre op? I am so so tired, not sure whether it is due to the LSD or not, but I could cry with tiredness. Just had a 2 1/2 hour drive to work this morning and I feel like I need a sleep! Roll on the long weekend.

Hope your ok
Have a fab weekend
Jackie
Xx

weegie

How are you June Op folks? Hope you are all behaving lol.

As my op is June 10th I should be starting my pre-op next Wednesday 27th May. Now thinking I will start a few days early on Sunday :) As I'm in Turkey on holiday I will be following the low cal food diet. Low fat and low carbs. There won't be much difference between what I have been having anyway, well I will drop the bread with meals and my daily Magnums .. Oops yes I have been having two a day, :redface:

Anyhoo. Cannot weigh or measure myself, or the food come to think of it, but will do my best. Anyone who has read my diary will know I have been checking out healthy food options here with a view to my pre-op. Needless to say it has been very enjoyable lol. The food is great, very fresh and very cheap.

So Sunday then. I will log a day of what I have been eating on my diary so I can compare.

Take care Junnies. :D

Last edited:

Jacwat

How are you June Op folks? Hope you are all behaving lol.

As my op is June 10th I should be starting my pre-op next Wednesday 27th May. Now thinking I will start a few days early on Sunday :)
As I'm in Turkey on holiday I will be following the low cal food diet. Low fat and low carbs. There won't be much difference between what I have been having anyway, well I will drop the bread with meals and my daily Magnums .. Oops yes I have been having two a day, :redface:
Anyhoo. Cannot weigh or measure myself or the good come to think of it but will do my best. Anyone who has read my diary will know I have been checking out healthy food options here with a view to my pre-op. Needless to say it has been very enjoyable lol. The food is great, very fresh and very cheap.

So Sunday then. I will log a day of what I have been eating on my diary so I can compare.

Take care Junnies. :D

Good luck with starting your LSD Weegie especially whilst on holiday. Try to resist those Magnums. I am struggling today but I know it's not for long !

Enjoy the rest of the time in Turkey
Jackie
X

weegie

Thanks Jackie. I don't think I could have done a milk LSD, I'd be gagging from the get go. So well done. Not long now really, at one point I regretted not having the op sooner and delaying a holiday but to be honest it is helping me keep me off worrying. I did have a wobble yesterday but felt a lot better after emailing my surgeon.

We arrive home June 2nd, hopefully I will have lost a bit after 9 days on LSD. :)

Jacwat

Thanks Jackie. I don't think I could have done a milk LSD, I'd be gagging from the get go. So well done. Not long now really, at one point I regretted not having the op sooner and delaying a holiday but to be honest it is helping me keep me off worrying. I did have a wobble yesterday but felt a lot better after emailing my surgeon.

We arrive home June 2nd, hopefully I will have lost a bit after 9 days on LSD. :)

Ooh you arrive home on the day I have my op! The worst thing for me is the tiredness, really strange as I thought it would pass.

Thee are bound to be moments of worry, it's. Such a big thing we are undertaking but I know that I am doing the right thing for me.

Keep me posted and enjoy the sunshine

Jackie
X

andiebee

I will help you out here and give my advice , in Sunderland you get weighed every time you go even on day of operation , if you have put any of the target weight back on they will cancel your operation even on the day of the op xxx hope this helps good luck to you all I am
10 weeks post op and I am loving life right now x