• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just been referred...

Mrs Elf

Hi all,
I'm just introducing myself here.

After years of struggling with my weight and trying every fad diet going, spending probably £1000's and doing nothing but gaining pounds after finishing said diets. My GP has now referred me for surgery, I'm very emotional about it, I'm sad that I've let myself get to this point in my life where I feel I can't do anything else at the moment. But, I'm excited to see what the future will hold for me.

My BMI at the moment is 58, how on earth did it get that high?
I work quiet a physical job and my weight has started to get in the way, only the last few months have I noticed being in agony with joints and lower back now.

I don't know what I'm getting done at the moment, I've heard lots of negative and positives about all of them.

I'm scared I'm going to get loads of excess skin etc.

Look forward to hearing from everyone X

Welcome and be patient. You have a journey ahead if you but there are lots of nice people on here who have done it and offer sage advice. And lots of new people too.

Thank you for the replies.

I've had an emotional evening, argued with my mum, fighting my corner to why I'm doing it. She says so will support my decision but is still worried.

My husband hasn't said too much.

Has anyone else discovered negativity when telling family and friends?

Hello and welcome!
Like others have said for read other people's blogs on here read the positive and negative best to get both sides and liked starry eyed says don't worry just yet about skin it's one of the things which could happen but if your able to start making changes before your possible WLS then do so so your in the best position possible
In the meantime read away and do lots of research
Your doing this for you it's difficult when you get vibes from family but you have to put yourself first and your health matters

Good luck :) I'm nearly 10 weeks out from my sleeve and it's been life changing - in a very good way x

Hi Mrs Elf,

I'm quite early on in my journey too, so can't offer much in the form of knowledge, however my referral for surgery was sent through a couple of weeks ago..

I'm in Bournemouth & done my Tier 3 with Spire Southampton.. Just wondering if you were anywhere near, as I think timeframes differ in different areas..

Anyway, I look forward to follow your journey and wish you all the best :)

Gemma

Welcome. I have had 2 appointments at L&D and am now on the milk diet for 4 weeks so am at the beginning of my journey like you. Good luck to you xxx

Hi Mrs Elf,

I'm quite early on in my journey too, so can't offer much in the form of knowledge, however my referral for surgery was sent through a couple of weeks ago..

I'm in Bournemouth & done my Tier 3 with Spire Southampton.. Just wondering if you were anywhere near, as I think timeframes differ in different areas..

Anyway, I look forward to follow your journey and wish you all the best :)

Gemma
I'm not near Bournemouth, I'm in the West Country... Good luck with your journey x

Welcome.
I just had my op last week and can still remember impatiently waiting and thinking I'd never get there.
But you do, so I wish you patience and good luck.

Hi and welcome sweetheart.... i'm from Cornwall too....right down far west...... we have been know to meet up from time to time for coffee and chats (if that's helpful) i must give the girls a shout, theres a fair few of us now :)
My advise, go with the flow, go to your appointments, take your other half along so he can see what its all about too...even Mum if needs be...... follow the stages thru step by step, your have a much better idea then and worst comes to worst you can always pull out when time comes :) you have nothing to lose.....promise .....just lots to gain (except weight) lol by the time it comes round your be itching to get done and get your life back, promise.....
Good luck x x x x x x

Back