• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just noticed this yesterday...any ideas?

emma-louise

my new life!!
Since Ive lost 8,1/2 stone,I can wear some knee boots but always felt as though one boot was tighter than the other.
Well I looked in the mirror yesterday by chance...and one leg/calf has definetly slimmed down more than the other!!
It's quite noticeable,what can I do ???
Any ideas?

I don't know but I have this problem too. One arm is bigger than the other, one leg above the knee, one calf and very noticeably 1 hip is bigger and round whilst the other is slimmer and straight. This and the horrendous lumpy appearance of my legs is getting me down to be honest
xx

oh could it be..when we are heavier we dont always distribute our weight equally when we are walking.. so therefore we lose weight in some areas more than others. This is just my theory...so dont take my word xx

It is quite common actually that our bodies simply aren't symmetrical. Although I have not lost much and am pre op, I have always had one calf bigger than the other. It is not as noticeable as you think, but chances are you were never symmetrical and you are noticing more now as you are keeping an eye on the changes in your body.

the tops of my legs are really awful i look like i've got 5 pairs of norah batty's tights on and they're all falling down :(

I assume that over time as your blood moves the fat distribution e.t.c they will even out? I'm really not sure... sounds odd but I'm sure Yvessa is right, I'm probably not even now but just don't notice it.. what with the whole, cant see my feet thing! Cant wait to get rid of my big belly... and thighs... arms... well all of the extra me I seem to have eaten

Thanks guys,

Im reckon it's the way I walk and most of the weight is to one side so this leg is getting all the work therefore slimmer.
As my partner said he's noticed this too.
Do you reckon it would help if I wore an ankle weight on the fatter leg?
As I need to get the fatter leg a bit slimmer as a boot won't get up properly on that side!
Thanks x

Thanks guys,

Im reckon it's the way I walk and most of the weight is to one side so this leg is getting all the work therefore slimmer.
As my partner said he's noticed this too.
Do you reckon it would help if I wore an ankle weight on the fatter leg?
As I need to get the fatter leg a bit slimmer as a boot won't get up properly on that side!
Thanks x

You could try it but you would have to be careful as you could end up build more muscle on the "fatter" leg and making it bigger.. a light weight should be ok though

PurpleKylie22 said:
You could try it but you would have to be careful as you could end up build more muscle on the "fatter" leg and making it bigger.. a light weight should be ok though

I was worried about this happening,ive been using a light weight.
Wondering if there is anything else to do,I would just leave it to sort itself out,but it's quite noticeable.

Maybe if you tried to tone both legs it would help, exercise bike or walking stairs e.t.c... If both legs had more muscle then you would burn off the fat in the larger leg and the extra muscle would hide any that refuses to shift?

have you tried googling to see what you can do coz i bet there's loads of others had this problem x good luck .... i do know though with arms and breasts the one on the side of which you are using most (say right handed people ) is always a bit bigger because of the muscle use and we tend to carry things on the same side as we are handed too :)

Do you have actual measurements? What is the difference is it inches or just a little bit?
There could be a medical explanation, perhpas something to do with varacose veins or phlebitis or cellulitis. Measure your legs and lets have another think.
Lynne x

wizzbang said:
Do you have actual measurements? What is the difference is it inches or just a little bit?
There could be a medical explanation, perhpas something to do with varacose veins or phlebitis or cellulitis. Measure your legs and lets have another think.
Lynne x

Hi Lynne,
Will have to dig out tape measure it's not v.veins not sure what the others things are u mention?
I would say looking at the calf area it's around 1 and half inches difference,and my ankle is about 1/2 inch difference.

Yeah one side of your body is bigger, my know I few lady's that different size boobs and that's just what the doctors say. My right foot is bigger then my left not a full size but deffo bigger x

babybell said:
Yeah one side of your body is bigger, my know I few lady's that different size boobs and that's just what the doctors say. My right foot is bigger then my left not a full size but deffo bigger x

Yes I've noticed before some parts of body are bigger than other,
But my legs have been the same,until this weightloss.

Mine are a fair bit different to, but this has been put down to muscle wastage. I have to do exercises for that side of my body.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

shelbell said:
Mine are a fair bit different to, but this has been put down to muscle wastage. I have to do exercises for that side of my body.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Hi shelbell,

I wondered if it was worth going doctors,but at the minute I didn't want to sound as if I'm moaning about something else!as I'm at doctors a lot it seems kind lately.
It's just bothering me as it's quite a difference

It seems like a big difference doesnt it really. If I were you I would mention it the next time you go to your docs. Google the two other things I mentioned but don't frighten yourself as is so easy to do when googling medical stuff. They are both to do with inflammation and can be treated, and as always it is better to be safe than sorry.
Lynne x

the tops of my legs are really awful i look like i've got 5 pairs of norah batty's tights on and they're all falling down :(

yeah me too!!

Back