• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Keeping Warm in Bed!

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
OK, so last night I couldn't get warm, no matter what I did.

In the end, I ended up with a t shirt, jogging bottoms and socks on while I was in bed and I was still cold.

As discussed before, before surgery I use to be sweating all the while, so this coldness i am not use too.

Whats worrying me is its only October, what will I do when it gets to December etc.

So any tips greatly received.

get a high togged duvet :D

I have got an electric blanket and a down duvet and pyjamas.
The down duvet is a must for me now. I always wanted one but they were just too expensive (£125-£200 for a good one :eek:) But after getting a down coat last year and being cosy warm when I went out, I decided to push the boat out and treated myself and now I wouldn't be without either :23::D

It's certainly a challenge to get warm,night or day! I used to sleep in the buff and couldn't contemplate it now. I have bought bed socks, long pj's and wear fingerless gloves in bed under the 12 tog duvet and extra blanket on my side.
As soon as I eat anything my body temperature plummets even further. I spend my evenings n by the fire, with my thick cardie and sheepskin slipper boots on topped up with my fur blankie !
I wear lots of layers all day and spent last night looking for thermal underwear on t'internet.
Oh and I'm waering a big wintwer cap and gloves already lol !
I console myself that it must be a sign that I'm burning fat.

Last edited:
I was freezing last night and I have ye to start losing any weight, just a bit of a drop from the lovely weather we had last week. I've recently bought a water bed and they are heated best thing ever getting in on a cold night.

Electric blanket and flanelette sheets!Vigorous sex!Get more carbs in,I have my weetabix late on in the day.

My hubby is a hot water bottle, I just snuggle up to him when I get cold. He doesn't always appreciate my cold feet on his calves though lol!!!

I'm having the same trouble PG I'm freezing cold all the time... A bit of hanky panky usually helps but when your feeling that cold its not always the first thing on your mind lol!!

Hubby is smiling a lot more nowadays!! ;)

lol there are some really good replies there.

Today I have been to buy some thick cardies for around the house and while I was in Matalan, I purchased some thermal sox which say that they are like having a duvet of 2.6 tog on your feet - will be trying these out tonight ;). I also saw some fleecy pj's, but unfortunately they didn't have my size and I never thought that I would say this, but the sizes that were left were just too big :D May have a visit to Primark on Sunday as I have seen them there too.

Will also be putting the lecky blanket on too this weekend, much to hubbies disgust as he is always very warm and doubles up as a hottie bottie. :D

Im currently living in a room which is seperate from the main house and when i wake in the morning its 13'c!!!!

I think i need to find a man for some hanky panky to keep me warm, or failing that use bob hahaha

Im sleeping under 2 duvets and a blanket currently and instead of slippers i wear ugg boots :)

Xx

Im currently living in a room which is seperate from the main house and when i wake in the morning its 13'c!!!!

I think i need to find a man for some hanky panky to keep me warm, or failing that use bob hahaha

Im sleeping under 2 duvets and a blanket currently and instead of slippers i wear ugg boots :)

Xx
ah ya gotta love bob :D

Need a new bob!! Much more reliable than men haha xx

Back