• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

kidney infection

MrsSAFC

Hi,

been feeling not myself but put it down to the op, change in diet etc etc, however on friday i had a massive pain in my left side, went to walk in and turns out I have a kidney infection.... im a bit miffed about this as i had no other signs or symptoms. now on antibiotics for 7 days. the doc reckons it can be common after gastro surgery? however i have never heard of this?

on the positive side I start a new job tomorrow, oh and im 50lbs off!!!

xx

I had a sever kidney infection a few weeks after surgery - was absolute agony - but it's all good now.
I wasn't getting enough fluids in, so make sure you get plenty of fluids down.
Hope you feel better soon.
Well done on the 50lbs, I've just hit the 5 stone mark - feels good, doesn't it? :)
xXx

Hi,

been feeling not myself but put it down to the op, change in diet etc etc, however on friday i had a massive pain in my left side, went to walk in and turns out I have a kidney infection.... im a bit miffed about this as i had no other signs or symptoms. now on antibiotics for 7 days. the doc reckons it can be common after gastro surgery? however i have never heard of this?

on the positive side I start a new job tomorrow, oh and im 50lbs off!!!

xx

im so sorry for your infection, but hell well done with the weight loss!!!!!! and good luck with your new job :) x

hello
im quite interested in this when you say left hand side pain was it down the left hand side under your camera incision site?? ive been having pain there but i had a sickness bug and the doctor put it down to me ripping a muscle while being sick?.
maybe it was a bit of a kidney infection? there is no way i drink enough water.. im getting better though.. glad your on the mend and good luck in the new job xx

Well done on the great weight loss and congratulations on the new job. Hope your kidney infection clears up quickly. I've certainly read on here and elsewhere quite a few people having kidney infections post op. I wonder if we are working them hard with the rapid (ish!) weight loss or if it's the surgery itself?

Gosh I feel for you ... I had a few kidney infections following the birth of my daughter & although it is years ago, it is a pain that stays with you. :( Hope you feel much better very soon xx :)

:)Good luck in your new job & getting rid of that infectionXXX

hi

the pain was/is lower left abdomen so not near where they cut..... but the gp said kidney pain can be anywhere in your stomach front back, high or low.... i will mention it to consultant when i see him on 15th sept xx

Back