• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

questions for those 'done' at Treliske Cornwall

Hey peeps, are you all still here?

I've just read this thread with interest - I'm in Cornwall and have my first appointment at Treliske in March (assessment, I think) ........ with Mr.Dugal??? I'm hoping for a bypass.

I nearly cried for you poor guys waiting and fighting for years to get surgical help. OMG, I won't be able to cope with that, besides, I'd probably be too old by then!! (I'm in my 40's). All things crossed they don't do that to me.....

Anyway, how are you all doing?

Hi country bumpkin, we are still about! Check out the Cornwall coffee time thread in support groups, as that is where we arrange our meet ups. Where in Cornwall are you based? Maybe we could arrange a meet up to coincide with yr treliske appointment in march if you would like. Don't know who Mr dougal is, maybe the other girls will know?

Hey samp, great to hear from you :)

I tried looking at the Support Groups before but nothing comes up, it just says "there are no posts in this forum" :( I don't know if its because I'm new - maybe that section will open up to me at 20 posts or something??? I hope so - it would be great to meet up with folk on the same road as me.

Lovely thought, and thank you for the offer, but I will be with my husband when I go to Treliske. He is coming with me to all my appointments, to support me on my journey :) Love him :) :) But I will sure be interested in catching up with you guys another time. I'm a bit "weather permitting" though because I ride a motorbike, (quite a fair-weather rider as much as possible = wont ride in winds, not overly keen on rain and try to avoid the dark LOL!!!) though I do also travel by bus if I REALLY REALLY have to!!!!! Where abouts do you meet?

I'm Redruth area. Where are you? I saw that Jamast is Bude and Bronny is St.Agnes ......... She's pretty close to me and I have friends in Aggie!!!! (In fear of giving away my identity LOL!!!!!)

Hope to hear from some of the others too :)

Hello lovely. Yes I'm in Aggie so not far. I'm at the very beginning of my journey but look forward to meeting the lovely ladies on here soon. Don't worry - I've only lived here a year so am considered an outsider in Aggie terms

I'm not entirely sure what Aggies terms are Bronny...... From what I can gather, so long as you can find your way round everyone elses kitchen to make a good potta tea, then you'll do just fine LOL!!!! Well, it worked for me anyway :)

Good luck with your appointment. All things crossed for you - look forward to hearing how you get on :)

Welcome bumkin :) good to have you along LOL i'm down Lands end way, but Illogan before hand :) i believe Wilb is Redruth :) there's a fair few of us these days lol like sam says feel free to join us for coffee sometime ....hubby more than welcome too...my hubby comes along (hes my taxi ) LOL i'm up hospital 26th March if by any chance it coincides would be more than happy to meet up...or as sam says we happy for any excusse for a meet up and a natter LOLyour in great hand at Treliske...it is a long old process but WORTH the wait i promise :) sending welcoming hugs your way..... read your thread re a goal list..... your right its in edit signature not sure why its limiting yo??? maybe its beause your new..... the site opens up the more you post.. so get posting x x x x

Hi Crystal - you look amazing!!

My appointment is 18th March so no, doesn't coincide with yours. I just asked hubby and he pulled a funny face at me LOL!!! He doesn't tend to get involved with coffee morning type things - he even goes out when my mate comes over for a cuppa, he just sees it as :blahblah: so leaves us get on with it, its nothing personal !!!!!!! But sure, I would love to catch up with you guys sometime - where do you tend to meet?

I did read somewhere last night that the signature box allows more text at 20 posts and more again at 50, so that must be why I can't do much of a goals list just yet. I will come back to that another time, but at least for now, my little ticker bike has finally got some petrol :greenapple:

Its the "long old process" that bothers me. I'm SOOOO hoping for surgery this year...... :sign0009:

Hi Bumpkin. Welcome. There's no specific length of time for this process. It took a very long time for me from first asking my gp to recommend me, but that's because I had nothing wrong with me caused by my weight and I really think that it depends on who you get assigned to. It's different for everyone and my experience 're the length of time was just bad luck and incompetent people in the job lol. From what I've seen of other people's experiences of the process at Treliske, they're reasonably well sorted now. Good luck

Hi Bumpkin. Welcome. There's no specific length of time for this process. It took a very long time for me from first asking my gp to recommend me, but that's because I had nothing wrong with me caused by my weight and I really think that it depends on who you get assigned to. It's different for everyone and my experience 're the length of time was just bad luck and incompetent people in the job lol. From what I've seen of other people's experiences of the process at Treliske, they're reasonably well sorted now. Good luck
I hope the wait time has down a bit!

You & me both!!

Now that I've got my head around the idea of having surgery and the afterlife it brings, I just want to crack on and get it done now LOL !!

My first appointment at Treliske is in March - where are you at with your journey Steph? Do you have your first appointment date yet?

:) xx

Mines on 15th April. I've already had a referral once a few years ago but on,y went once, wasn't ready so didn't want to waste anyone's time.

I went for my first appointment on 14th Jan and haven't heard from the hospital again apart from to tell me that I have no chance of seeing a psychologist any time soon (I believe the wait for that is about 14-18 months). I need to chase them next week to see about my first group meeting.x

I'm a bit confused now 're the 'groups' and psychologist. Nobody ever mentioned either of those things to me. Is this now part of the process?

From what I gather it's 4 (maybe 3) group sessions with the dietician then one in a one to one session. Not everyone has to see the psychologist but as I suffer with emotional eating I have to.x

I saw the Psychologist at Treliske, it held me up for six months waiting for an appointment. I Saw GP, asked for a referral in July 2013, Saw consultant beginning of August 2013, then attended a load of dietician group meetings over 6 weeks with Regan till Christmas 2013, then had three dietician one to ones over space of a few weeks till March 2014, had my Psychology assessment mid May 2014, then back to see the consultant (due to a cancellation) in mid June 2014, was referred to surgeon team, saw them 23rd September 2014, then had my surgery on 3rd December 2014. So all in all from initial GP referral to operation was 18months, so not really that long, was a whirlwind, but gave me plenty of time to get prepared and get my 'head around it' so to speak. Just hang on in there ladies. :) Good luck xx

Oh golly :eek:

If it takes that long, I might be under the BMI threshold for surgery by then.

What's the difference between emotional eating and comfort eating? Or are they the same thing? And is eating out of boredom any different? Still all psychological I would have thought?? Its all a case of learning to think differently about food, not to graze and eat the right things at the right time in the right quantities at the right speed.

Oh golly :eek:

If it takes that long, I might be under the BMI threshold for surgery by then.

What's the difference between emotional eating and comfort eating? Or are they the same thing? And is eating out of boredom any different? Still all psychological I would have thought?? Its all a case of learning to think differently about food, not to graze and eat the right things at the right time in the right quantities at the right speed.

It goes on initial BMI at consultation hun so don't worry about losing - they expect you to lose a certain amount of weight before they will agree to surgery. Comfort eating is a type of emotional eating.x

Thanks Bronny, that's a relief :)

Back