• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

questions for those 'done' at Treliske Cornwall

...... so there's no stressing to get to 20 posts lol (sorry didn't realise you couldn't get in before) ......

Great idea, but its Cornwall Coffee Time that can't be accessed until 20 posts ...... I think that's where you meant to post this Crystal LOL :D xx

No hun :) i've started us a group completely separate from these posts... invites on the way..... just hope everyone can access it ok :)

seems i've hit the same snag on the group, not everyone can access it right away........ keep posting girls .....i will invite you over soon as i can :)

keep chatting it gets them posts up quickly :) join in the word games too LOL

You & me both!!

Now that I've got my head around the idea of having surgery and the afterlife it brings, I just want to crack on and get it done now LOL !!

My first appointment at Treliske is in March - where are you at with your journey Steph? Do you have your first appointment date yet?

:) xx

I'm the same, now I have made my mind up I just want to get on with it and move on and reach my goal! I have been toying with the idea for well over a year, and now have my mind set on it so the wait is killing me. My 1st appointment is on 16th July, then goodness knows how long I will have to wait?! :(

Hey Cab, welcome to the forum :)

When you hit 20 posts, be sure to catch us in the Cornwall Coffee Time thread (located in the WLS Meetings & Support Groups section).

I must admit that I've changed my mind so many times the last few months, not sure if I'm doing the right thing or Sleeve Vs Bypass....... The time it takes to get to surgery is to mentally prepare you for a complete lifestyle change that you must be able to commit to for the rest of your life. I'm using the time to implement the changes now and believe me, some of the "rules" aren't easy!! I'm now glad to have the time to get used to the changes required, and to make sure that surgery is what I want / right for me.

Maybe have a go at some of the requirements yourself - after all, if you want surgery then you'll have to make the changes sooner or later anyway so making a start now will help you. There's plenty to choose from and I suggest you just tackle them one at a time. A few off the top of my head are:

Drink two litres of water per day
Do not drink anything for half-hour before/after meals, nor during meals
Use kiddies plate and cutlery
Chew each mouthful of food 20 times then pause before next mouthful
Give up fizzy drinks / alcohol / smoking / chewing gum ...... (if applicable)
Make healthy food choices (goes without saying!!!)

I'm sure there are plenty more, but as you can see, I'm only a Learner myself LOL!!! You could also start looking at some bariatric recipes - I found some lovely ones online and there are plenty of books available (keep an eye out at car boot sales, charity shops, eBay, etc). I'm also using recipes from Weight Watchers, Slimming World, Hairy Bikers, etc but not sure if they will be any good after surgery - they certainly help for now anyway :D

Well, that's me done jibbering on - good luck with your journey :) xx

Hey Cab, welcome to the forum :)

When you hit 20 posts, be sure to catch us in the Cornwall Coffee Time thread (located in the WLS Meetings & Support Groups section).

I must admit that I've changed my mind so many times the last few months, not sure if I'm doing the right thing or Sleeve Vs Bypass....... The time it takes to get to surgery is to mentally prepare you for a complete lifestyle change that you must be able to commit to for the rest of your life. I'm using the time to implement the changes now and believe me, some of the "rules" aren't easy!! I'm now glad to have the time to get used to the changes required, and to make sure that surgery is what I want / right for me.

Maybe have a go at some of the requirements yourself - after all, if you want surgery then you'll have to make the changes sooner or later anyway so making a start now will help you. There's plenty to choose from and I suggest you just tackle them one at a time. A few off the top of my head are:

Drink two litres of water per day
Do not drink anything for half-hour before/after meals, nor during meals
Use kiddies plate and cutlery
Chew each mouthful of food 20 times then pause before next mouthful
Give up fizzy drinks / alcohol / smoking / chewing gum ...... (if applicable)
Make healthy food choices (goes without saying!!!)

I'm sure there are plenty more, but as you can see, I'm only a Learner myself LOL!!! You could also start looking at some bariatric recipes - I found some lovely ones online and there are plenty of books available (keep an eye out at car boot sales, charity shops, eBay, etc). I'm also using recipes from Weight Watchers, Slimming World, Hairy Bikers, etc but not sure if they will be any good after surgery - they certainly help for now anyway :D

Well, that's me done jibbering on - good luck with your journey :) xx

Thanks for the advice. I have been on and off the "slim and save" meal replacement VLC and ketogenic diet for about 3 years, and when I'm good I'm good, but in the end hunger gets the better of me, then I pig out and then give up, and pile loads of weight on!

As soon as I see the Dr at Treliske next week I hope to go back on it, if he agrees, and hopefully being answerable to someone will help! On that diet I have to drink loads of water too. Thankfully I don't drink or smoke or drink fizzy drinks, but gum is an issue for me as I have Sjogrens syndrome which causes very dry mouth! Portion size is a big issue too as I have such a fear of being hungry!
I want to wait til I have my appointment so I can count that day as my start weight.
I just know that hunger is my biggest enemy! :( :eatdrink051:

I will use up all the naughty food I have in before my appointment next week, then it's systems go! Meanwhile I will try to chew (this is another downfall of mine!) and drink more!

What affects me so much is the amount of rubbish my hubby eats, and me feeling as if it's not fair if I can't have the same as him, but I'm going to have to get used to it!

Back