• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ladies Only lol..! Irregular Periods

Ready For Change

Girls I have a question for you.
:girlpower:
I'm 3 months, 2 days post op and am yet to have a normal monthly cycle. I've had a weak, 2 to 3 day bleed every 3 weeks and I'm wondering if it's all linked to my sleeve surgery.

It's not bothering me as such but I just wondered if it would eventually settle down?
:confused:
xxx​

im sorry to say but mine went haywire to the point that even the coil didnt help and i ended up having an endometrial ablition a few months ago and thankfully havent seen another one since.

i used to be as regular as clockwork prior to my bypass but ended up with continual heavy bleeding.

see your GP if it doesnt settle down.

I had a really heavy bleed the week of my opp and thats my lot not seen a thing since.xx

Make sure you're not anaemic as this can cause sparse periods. I only have one every 3 months or so now for this reason :(

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Hiya,

I'm currently being tested for PCOS or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and when I saw the GP she asked me about my periods as surgery is something that could affect them.

Hope this helps.

Em.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

im sorry to say but mine went haywire to the point that even the coil didnt help and i ended up having an endometrial ablition a few months ago and thankfully havent seen another one since.

i used to be as regular as clockwork prior to my bypass but ended up with continual heavy bleeding.

see your GP if it doesnt settle down.

What is this plz - ty x

Thanks for the response girls, I had fertility tests about 3 years ago due to PCOS symptoms and failure to concieve for 5 years but they didn't diagnose anything, the result of my tests was 'too obese to concieve'. I know the mini pill would sort it but I don't want to fill my body with contraceptives as I want to be max fertile by christmas 2012:fingerscrossed:. I did research that quick WL can effect periods. I'll see how things go and if I'm not sorted out by Nov/Dec I'll have a visit to the doctors xxx

What is this plz - ty x

It is when you have the lining of your womb lazered away when suffering from endometriosis or very heavy periods. I had one 5 yrs ago & although I still ovulate, I never bleed :D:D It is sometimes called a Microwave Ablation too ... nothing to do with electrical appliances ... :) You need to have completed your family to qualify for it. Recommend it to anyone on my experience xxx :):)

You have to remember that when you start losing weight quickly the body is releasing lots of hormones that it stores in the fat cells so you may go a little haywire i guess for a while.....i'm sure it will settle down soon once your body works out what it is doing :)

its where they burn away the lining of the womb. i had mine done under local anethetic and probably the most painful 2 mins of my life as they in effect microwave yr uterus but so worth it.

When I had mine I did not have any pain at all ... just a lovely floaty feeling from the shedload of drugs I was given. No after pain either. Guess I was very lucky or you were very unlucky, lol xx :)

Back