• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG! OP IN TWO WEEKS!

Yes, Becky! We'll be losing buddies! I am hoping for the 24th too. You'll be the first to know! Ill let you all know the minute I find out! OK might be doing some serious "last time eating junk"this weekend..... LOL

make sure you plan a lovely last supper. i managed to grab a few lovely friends and family to come for a meal at my favourite turkish restuarant. yummy! did not hold back. when the waitress asked if i wanted the dessert menu i think i said "of course" lol.

i have just had to make pasta bake for my daughter and she is sitting munching on it! my whole house smells of pasta bake and i get another yummy milkshake. whoop whoop.
am feeling the benefit of it though. not bloated now at all.
8 more days!!
look forward to hearing your good news xx

needed to cheer myself up today so went and weighed myself and lost 8.5lbs on first week pre-op. so pleased with myself. will prob slow down in 2nd week but hoping for 6lbs to hit the stone mark. 7 days! whoop whoop. hope everyone is well xx

Hey Becky that's great , keep at it hunni x

Congratulations :) I had my pre op today, just waiting on a diet, what's the liver shrinkage diet like? I want to start losing as much as I can so it's less risks... Any suggestions? Xx

i was given a choice of two diets. one slimfast and the other a very controlled normal diet. i chose the slimfast as this was i cannot be tempted. the meal is there in a glass and thats it! it has been hard but mostly due to missing the habit of eating and when i am cooking my little girl dinners! Its not been as hard as i thought it would be but defo glad i only have two weeks of this before op. i feel for those who have to do it for 4 weeks! i would say give the slimfast a go but whereas on the pre op diet i dont have a proper dinner just a shake, you could have a healthy meal so you still get that lovely full up feeling! lol i do miss that!
and would
say use the shakes in the bottles as they taste better than making them up from powder, and where possible throw them in the liquidiser with a few cubes of ice. this fluffs them up and makes them go further. they are much nice like this and take longer to drink. hope this helps. good luck. let me know what you decide xx
bypass 2012 did they give you any idea of when your op would be?

BeckyBrown: That's amazing !! I only lost 7lbs altogether on the pre op, how did you manage to lose over 8lbs on one week?

My age and metabolism strike again I guess! :(

On the topic of slimfasts, I found they tasted VILE if you made them up from powder. Just about acceptable in the bottles. I never tried them with ice cubes; just kept them in the fridge. Makes me shudder to think about them now though lol!

thanks ruth. am carrying a bit more luggage to lose! lol
day 9 of the pre op and i am tired today. it has been a long week back at work but am very proud of myself for not cheating at all despite a new year party and two kids birthday parties this week!
on the plus think my husband has had a massive shock by what happened last week and has seemed to start behaving! so for the time being we are just working things through. i do love him and i know he loves me but the way he behaves sometimes you would think he is a single batchelor! anyway, enuff of him this is about meeeeeee! lol
had a mild headache last couple of days and think that is due to fluids so gonna start behaving myself and make sure i am drinking more which is difficult whilst at work.
Packing hospital bag this weekend as working till thurs. very excited and very surreal. going into hospital well and coming out poorly! hmmmm. lol
xxx

Yes that is weird isn't it? Walking down to theatre in good health and emerging..well... anyway!

Hey Becky! I've been thinking about you lately. Just hoping you're doing Ok. Only 5 more days! You're getting so close! I should be getting my date on Monday! They called yesterday afternoon and said they got all the paperwork from my other doctor. So, they should call Monday to schedule, plus set up my appt with the dietician and the PA. They said my surgery is probably going to be the 31st. So, I wont be too far behind you.... Maybe tomorrow we can Chat on facebook.

hey another day closer yay! am sooo over these slimfast milkshakes already! lol but my trousers are feeling a bit looser which makes it worth it! every little helps!
my friend came and took my little girl out for dinner last night and her dad took her out for lunch so i didnt have to deal with cooking yesterday which was fab.
off to church now then hospital bag shopping,
let me know when you are online later mel. send me a message on facebook. will prob be home mid afternoon ish! bet sunday cant go quick enough for you! lol am excited for you.
take care everyone. xx

9 milkshakes and 3 meal bars left before op! am sitting here now, little one in bed thinking that this is when i would grab some crisp or whateva i could get my hands on! this diet is defo a great way to prepare your mind to get over boredom eating! also checked my bank balance and i am very shocked that it is looking quite healthy for half way through the month! have people managed to save lots of money? and if so have you treated yourselves to something special? quite excited about this as well lol xx

Congratulations Becky

How are you today Becky? Only 3 more days! OMG! I hope you will keep in touch with me from the hospital. Facebook, etc. I should finally have my date today. I'm so anxious! A little scared to start preop, but excited. I've noticed lately a lot of people being down after surgery and it kinda scares me. I think the closer you get to surgery, you start freaking out about stuff.... I'm so glad I have you and all my new friends or I might really freak out. I'm going to the support group here in a couple weeks. It should help to meet some people in person too. OK, I'll quit rambling....... I hope to have good news today!

hi mel. two more days! yay! you got your date yet? i have thought about being down after the surgery but i am kinda expecting it from reading other peoples stories so think it will just be part of the massive life change!
you will be fine on your pre-op. you are so ready for this and if i can do it i am sure you can! will be able to keep in touch when in hospital so can give you all the gory details! lol maybe catch you online later. look forward to hearing your good news xx

Thats great news hun hope all goes well xx

I just weighed myself and I am 22stone exactly. I have lost 16lbs since I started pre op on 30 jan! Can't believe it but I know if I didn't have my op friday I would have cheated I am sure! Hopefully just make it into the 21's by friday! Thanks everyone for keeping me on track xx

BECKYBROWN80 said:
I just weighed myself and I am 22stone exactly. I have lost 16lbs since I started pre op on 30 jan! Can't believe it but I know if I didn't have my op friday I would have cheated I am sure! Hopefully just make it into the 21's by friday! Thanks everyone for keeping me on track xx

You're doing amazing girl! Only two more days! At this point, I'll be surprised if I know my date before you go into the hospital. Uugggghhh. I haven't been posting as much because I feel like I'm just complaining...... I really wish we lived closer. Id come visit you in the hospital! I hope we can chat soon!

Back