• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG! OP IN TWO WEEKS!

now i have that date, sticking to this diet has been easier.i survived new years eve surrounded by family drinking and eating (lots!) lol. not a crumb did pass my lips! diet coke all the way!
i am back to work on tuesday after being off sick for 3 weeks and i am a bit worried about how my energy levels will cope with the demands of my job! but at least i am on light duties due to a broken arm so can always take a sneaky break and use that as an excuse!
i have also split from my husband in the last couple of days and if i stopped myself from grabbing a packet of crisps then i should be ok!
2012 is going to be an amazing year. i cant wait to see what the future brings. this time next year many of us will be, or alot closer to being, where we have a dreamed about being. so happy new year people. make his a year of dreams come true. xxxx

Yes I gathered you were at the Whittington; Mr. Heath works with my surgeon Mr. Sufi. (I was at Spire Bushey).

I did the slimfast diet too, but "mixed and matched" it with one vlc meal in the evening; usually a piece of skinned chicken and veg. Be warned; I could not LOOK at slimfast post op; got a friend (bypass) to take them all out of my house!!

Best of luck Becky!

What a fantastic start to your new year. I hope you cope with the pre op stage...but as you said the op date is such and incentive isn't it?

Keep posting and I look forward to seeing you on the losers bench...Good Luck :):)

Sorry to hear about your marriage break down , but you still sound positive hun , well done xx

now i have that date, sticking to this diet has been easier.i survived new years eve surrounded by family drinking and eating (lots!) lol. not a crumb did pass my lips! diet coke all the way!
i am back to work on tuesday after being off sick for 3 weeks and i am a bit worried about how my energy levels will cope with the demands of my job! but at least i am on light duties due to a broken arm so can always take a sneaky break and use that as an excuse!
i have also split from my husband in the last couple of days and if i stopped myself from grabbing a packet of crisps then i should be ok!
2012 is going to be an amazing year. i cant wait to see what the future brings. this time next year many of us will be, or alot closer to being, where we have a dreamed about being. so happy new year people. make his a year of dreams come true. xxxx

Hey Chick! Hang on in there xxxxxxxxxx

Sorry to hear about your marriage... Things are going to be amazing this year! Sounds like you're off to a great start! Good job on not eating even in a stressful time! You can do it!

thanks. defo stressful! things unresolved etc etc!

thanks scottie for the heads up. i will be heading there tomorrow for sure! stock up on those lovely milkshakes!!

day 3 and i have been such a good girl. was out today unexpectedly at mums so didnt have a milkshake so just cuppa soup and an apple. although havnt had much fluids thinking about it! mental note to get more fluids tom. xx

day 4 complete! almost! and i have found today the hardest and didnt realise why i had been craving food soooo much but had a visit from the monthly fairy today! however i have been a very good girl done eatan a crumb i should not. please hurry up the 13th i really wanna get rid of this hunger!! xx

Hi Hun sorry bout ur marriage break up :( but well dun on pre op ur doing great ;)

thanks melani. day 5 and i am back to work on slimfast! was actually not too bad as kept busy and just thinking about all the extra calories i am burning by not sitting on my bum!!!
definately not feelin as hungry so its feels like its getting easier despite slimfast becoming very boring already!
just taking my lil girl to a birthday party! more torture! wish me luck lol
have you heard any more news about your surgery melani?
xx

Let me know how the birthday party goes! You can do it! I should be getting my date anytime. They said probably today or tomorrow..... I'm going crazy!

not a crumb did pass my lips!!! am getting used to this whole not eating thing. it defintely helps having my date and working towards something. also had a cuppa soup before i went to stop any sneaky hunger pangs.
9 days! am still convinced that they are gonna call and cancel.
you must be so excited to be getting your date soon. let me know as soon as. did they give you an estimation of when it would be, (apologies if u have said this in an earlier post! lack of calories means my brain is not working! lol) xx

BECKYBROWN80 said:
not a crumb did pass my lips!!! am getting used to this whole not eating thing. it defintely helps having my date and working towards something. also had a cuppa soup before i went to stop any sneaky hunger pangs.
9 days! am still convinced that they are gonna call and cancel.
you must be so excited to be getting your date soon. let me know as soon as. did they give you an estimation of when it would be, (apologies if u have said this in an earlier post! lack of calories means my brain is not working! lol) xx

They said it's probably going to be end of January or beginning of February. I'm going to call my insurance company in a couple min and find out if they approved it. If so, I'll call the Dr and hopefully have my date today or tomorrow! I'm glad your preop its getting easier. Sounds like you did amazing at the party! Yayyyyy for you! I'll let you know if I find out anything.....

OMG OMG! Just got off the phone with the Dr's office!! they said my insurance was approved and my surgery will either be the 24th or the 31St of January!! I should have a final answer by tomorrow!! My heart is pounding so fast!

what fantastic news. i am so happy for you, it is an amazing feeling. looks like we will be losing buddies then! fingers crossed for 24th! next comes the pre-op diet. then the fun really starts. whoop whoop xx

OMG OMG! Just got off the phone with the Dr's office!! they said my insurance was approved and my surgery will either be the 24th or the 31St of January!! I should have a final answer by tomorrow!! My heart is pounding so fast!
fantastic news mel!!!!! congrats :) xxx

Really good news hunni , bet you're jumping for joy .
Time will fly & op day will be here before you know it xx

Back