• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG! OP IN TWO WEEKS!

BECKYBROWN80

WOW. what a day. had my pre op assessment today, all good. asked at admissions about a date and they said they had 13th jan available! so i am starting liver shrinkage diet tomorrow! have just been for a last minute last supper before starting it. i am so excited and soo scared! i have been waiting just over 2 years for this! cant believe it is happening.had to call workto say that this
op is planned and tell them i will be off sick from 13th jan for about a month, felt bad as i am currently on my third week sick as i broke my arm! so am going back to work for two weeks light duties then off again! :D

Wow what an exciting start to the new year for you Becky. Don't be scared, my op went like a dream one minute I was having the pre med and next I was back in my room all done. I was very soon drinking water then tea and the same day I was up out of bed and moving around to get rid of the trapped wind. You'll be fine :)

\fabulous news Becky Brown ! Good luck xx

Congratulations Becky, what an amazing start to the new year!

congratulations hun, it will be over and done with before you know it xx

woooohooooo thats sooooo amazing Becky!!!!!! im sooo happy for you honey, woop!!!! new year, new you!!!! good luck :) xxx

Great news Hun congrats n good luck ;)

thanks everyone. feels pretty unreal after waiting soooo long lol. have woken up to black coffee! am doing the slimfast pre diet. whats everyone else doing? was very excited to learn i could still have diet coke on this diet. anyone else got their op on jan 13th? x x

Good luck Becky and welcome to the club.
I have been on my diet since 9th Dec and my surgery is on the 9th Jan.I am doing the low carb diet and in respect of my surgery I am down for a bypass but depending on what they find when they go in I may even end up with the sleeve.

Hi Becky,

I don't have a January op, but a January ECG and pre-op (ECG on 12 Jan and pre-op on 16 Jan) .... however at the moment I am struggling with bronchitis and if I can't shift it soon, the next two appointments will have to be put back.

But your news, of such a short wait from pre-op appointment to operation date gives me hope that if and when i do recover from bronchitis, it should not be too much longer to wait !!!

(As we are both at the Whittington.)

Best wishes with your pre-op diet and hope everything goes fab fro 13th Jan !!!

Sharon

Yayyyyy Becky! I'm so excited for you! Keep us posted. My Dr also does 2 week liquid diet. I'm curious to see how you do. I'm a bit nervous about that part.

Congrats on getting to this stage, and good luck! :D xx

hiya. if i am honest not too bad really. i think it is just habit eating and boredom eating that i am really missing out on. also, re-read the diet directions and found that i can have cuppa soup, miso soup, sugar free mints which i think will make it easier as getting bored of milkshakes already and it will close the gap between lunch and dinner.
have just taken my little girl to the cinema and had just a diet coke! but sitting at my mums now for new year drinks and surrounded by goodies! maybe i should have had an early night! lol wishing you a fabulous new year. where are you in your journey? xx

The mindless eating is going to be a big one for me too. I just got a call from my doctor's office the other day saying everything is done and they are just waiting for the insurance company to approve. They said I might get my date next week. I'm soooooo anxious! They said it could be the end of January or beginning of February. I'm very nervous for the pre op diet though. My birthday is the 25th of January and I may very well be getting an amazing birthday present!

New melani,

I was discharged from hospital 11 days ago after my sleeve procedure - on my 40th birthday! I have survived that, Christmas and a huge party on Boxing Day while on liquids only and am about to cope with NYE by staying in and babysitting while the family go out partying!!

You will do fine,

Tatiana

Things will be easier for me to deal with once I have my date and can at least start moving forward! I'm so ready!

Back