• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

latest from Mandyl

Bumping this up, has anyone heard anything from Mandy. Hope she is at home now and starting to feel better soon xx

hi all mandy had a gastric graph(dont know what it is) and nothing seems to be wrong. So she has been told she has to start eating again. Thats was as last night.
think she would be better at home as she says food not suitable and making her feel sick. She is now on general ward.
Cheers all

Thanks Julie, looked on line but could not find anything bout gastric graphs think i am having a very dumb day lol.
Well at least she is on the general ward now so hopefully the next step is home and then back to feeling better.
Was wondering if there were any monthly support meetings near Mandy that maybe she could pop along to and meet others and get some support and poss help her along her journey, am going to look on line and see if i can find any.
Pls say hi to Mandy from me, thanks and take care xxx

So sorry to hear of her rough journey. I hope it all gets sorted soon - hugs

I have found some info on a monthly support meeting in Shoreham in west sussex but when i did a search for support meetings in Chichester this is the only one the come up, it says its bout 25 miles or takes bout 40 mins driving to get there from Chichester. Am not sure if Mandy would be interested in going when she feels better but if she would like to check it out here are the details.
I think there are quite a few patients of Slater and Sommers go to this meeting.

We hold support meetings every second Monday of the month, in the evenings, for anybody that wishes to attend, whether you are just starting to think about travelling the weight loss surgery path, or if you have already had any type of bariatric surgery.

The meetings are held at the following address from 7pm onwards:
The Waterside Inn
Ferry Road,
Shoreham-by-Sea.
West Sussex.
BN43 5RA

The dates for 2009’s meetings are:
January 12th
February 9th
March 9th
April 6th
May 11th
June 8th
July 13th
August 10th
September 14th
October 12th
November 9th
December 14th

Your Support Group Co-ordinator is Daniella (Danby) - you can contact me on [email protected]

Last edited:
gastrograph

Pronunciation: gas′trō-graf
An instrument for recording graphically the movements of the stomach

I am sure this is what she would have meant :) it is the same kind of test i needed last year when i had helicobacter pylori, it tests how fast food moves through your stomach and intestine and if indeed there are any blockages ect...

Mandy already knows about the group in Shoreham, it is the one I go to, it is a great group with loads of friendly people, I think she said she was going to try to get to one of the meetings sometime :)

Best wishes to Mandy, hope she is feeling better soon xx

Hi I had the Gastrograph after I had my Sleeve, it was to test there was no leaks. Bit like being on a roller coaster, you start standing with a large xray type plate behind you then a plate comes on front, then they lift you up so you are lying on your back and ask you to move onto your side, this was the worst part of my opp lol. Thought I was going to be sick, but I am a bit claustraphobic so it could have been that.

glad everything is ok wondering if it is a subcontious reaction to the major change/shock of the op like when people have there limbs removed and still feel them, sounds like i good idea for the support group iv never been to it as i dont drive but iv heard it good

Back