• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

LCLD Diet day 5

Mavis Angelic

Hey guys i am on day 5 of my LCLD diet and my doctor referred me to luton and dunstable hospital, the lady didnt tell me when my op is but i didnt ask her what happens when i finish my lcld diet. just wondering if any of you know

Hello and welcome!

I'm a moderator here and I'm just working my way through your threads / posts etc.

Maybe you could tell us a bit more about your journey so we can help?

For instance what is LCLD? is it your pre op diet or just one the hospital have put you on to lose some weight. Sorry for the questions but we do have members under your hospital and they may be able to help with some more info.....

i am getting the gastric bypass they have given me tests the lady said that the tests came back fine then she put me on the lcld which is the Low Calorie Liquid Diet for 4 weeks, i have been big since i was 13years old i am 25years old now. the reason for me putting on the weight is because my dad died in 2004.

Welcome, I am one of those members who is currently under the L&D. I am on day 23 of the LCLD (aka as the Milk Diet).

hey Ian :D i am on day 5 and i just wrapped the measuring tape around me and it went around me fully it didnt happen before so i must of lost alot of inches from my waist :D

Hi and welcome, I'm also at L and D, they put everyone on the milk diet for 4 weeks at the start of their journey to prove commitment, be sure you can cope with high protein diet and help you lose 5% of your body weight which you have to lose to move onto the next stage of the journey, you have to keep that 5% off until surgery, you will also be asked to do a food diary, the assessment is for either 1 year or 6 months depending on your BMI, I'm 8 months into my 1 year assessment (roll on June !!) you then have to have a multi disciplinary meeting to see if you can go onto the list for surgery, I believe you then meet with the surgeon to discuss which procedure will be best for you, I have seen the dietician approx every 8 weeks but I've only seen her so far, immediately before surgery you will have to go back onto the milk diet for 2 - 4 weeks, you will lose a lot of weight on the milk diet and it's not so bad really as it removes food choices, hope this is of some help to you, there are others on here who are further on in their journey and we are all a friendly bunch

hey Ian :D i am on day 5 and i just wrapped the measuring tape around me and it went around me fully it didnt happen before so i must of lost alot of inches from my waist :D
Yes it works really well. Like you the tape measure reads a lot smaller since i started. I have not had any hunger pains and found it easy to follow and stick too.

the lady at the luton and dunstable hospital she asked me what op i want and i have choosen the gastric bypass as i have seen it all the time on fat doctor on youtube.
i am on my 6th day and i have lost 10lbs already and i feel bloody good :) having my second cup of bovril :D just gonna have my 5 pints of milk soon. my mum and my brother can see it in my face that i have lost weight. Even my friends are asking how i have lost this weight and i said milk diet and they asked how the hell do i have the willpower and i said i havent got a clue as i didnt have willpower before.

the lady at the luton and dunstable hospital she asked me what op i want and i have choosen the gastric bypass as i have seen it all the time on fat doctor on youtube.
i am on my 6th day and i have lost 10lbs already and i feel bloody good :) having my second cup of bovril :D just gonna have my 5 pints of milk soon. my mum and my brother can see it in my face that i have lost weight. Even my friends are asking how i have lost this weight and i said milk diet and they asked how the hell do i have the willpower and i said i havent got a clue as i didnt have willpower before.
Wow that's an incredible loss in 5 days, it's strange isn't it how we manage to stick with that yet in the past we have allowed ourselves to get in a position where we need wls I haven't decided yet what I'd like and have never heard of the fat doctor, may have to have a little nosey at that x

Hi, I'm on day 8 of the milk diet at L&D for tier 3 and have lost 10lbs. Tbh, I could easily break as there is temptation all around me, so I'm taking it hour by hour and so far kept up. I know I can do it, as I have had two failed gastric bands. I got asked what surgery I wanted and I told Caroline it depends on what the surgeon suggested as I don't feel psychologically up to failing for a third time, so I am up for whatever my insides can take and has the least chance of weight regain. When are you next back to the clinic?

Hi, great weight loss. Great that you are taking it hour by hour at a time and resisting temptations. Keep up the good work. I not back to clinic till 5th May.

Back