• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Leaking like the Titanic..

Bags packed and ready to go.. 5pm can't come quick enough! Couple of things to do this morning then that's it, out of here for 8 days. Watch out Spain!

Had the best birthday ever yesterday, didn't do much just had a nice lazy day with the other half - went and got euros, to my moms, home to a nice romantic dinner, back to my moms. Looking forward to the next few days. Had more visitors at home in last 24 hours than last 5 years!

Hope alls well with you all and speaking when I get back. Do u reckon my flabbley bits wiLl crisp up?!

Belated birthday wishes & have a great time in Spain Rebecca xx

Bags packed and ready to go.. 5pm can't come quick enough! Couple of things to do this morning then that's it, out of here for 8 days. Watch out Spain!

Had the best birthday ever yesterday, didn't do much just had a nice lazy day with the other half - went and got euros, to my moms, home to a nice romantic dinner, back to my moms. Looking forward to the next few days. Had more visitors at home in last 24 hours than last 5 years!

Hope alls well with you all and speaking when I get back. Do u reckon my flabbley bits wiLl crisp up?!

Happy birthday hun! Hope u have a fabulous time and look forward to the pics x

Hola amigos.. Having a fab time on holiday and have tons of things I never imagined doing.. So far the highlights have to be..
1) Walking down the isle on the plane without bashing the chairs either side
2) Having room to spare on my Ryanair seat
3) No extension harness and having to adjust it a lot
4) Putting that little tray down on the seat in front for my cuppa
5) Wearing a bikini top n shorts - nobodys batted an eye or commented
6) Walking over 30 miles since friday, swimming and enjoying living
7) And my favorite of all - time with my parents

So many more not enough time to list as I'm off down to the pool for a bit before it closes. 6:55pm here and it shuts at 8pm. Will post pics/link to pics when I'm. Home friday x

Hola amigos.. Having a fab time on holiday and have tons of things I never imagined doing.. So far the highlights have to be..
1) Walking down the isle on the plane without bashing the chairs either side
2) Having room to spare on my Ryanair seat
3) No extension harness and having to adjust it a lot
4) Putting that little tray down on the seat in front for my cuppa
5) Wearing a bikini top n shorts - nobodys batted an eye or commented
6) Walking over 30 miles since friday, swimming and enjoying living
7) And my favorite of all - time with my parents

So many more not enough time to list as I'm off down to the pool for a bit before it closes. 6:55pm here and it shuts at 8pm. Will post pics/link to pics when I'm. Home friday x

Awwwwwww I'm soooo glad!
It all sounds brilliant! I not been on holiday for ooooo abt 10yrs now ! Can't wait to be slimmer and healthier to go but im struggling... Have a look at my thread (HELP GUYS PLS) when u get back any advice will be appreciated.
Get back safely :)
Sally x

sounds like your having a brilliant time!

Hi Sally, fly back late tonight so will have a look when I get home. Keep your chin up you've already done amazing. Stalls happen periodically, we gain periodically and then it just vanishes?? May be worth jotting down what you've been eating to see if u can see any common factors that may be attributing to the stall. For me the demon is bread. I eat a slice of bread a day over a week and I can easily gain 3lb+

Dreading getting home tonight and getting on the scales tomorrow to see "the damage" that's been done this week. I've guiltlessly eaten a sandwich every day/ or a small chunk of bread with serano ham and allioli.. Very moorish but I've been controlled and eated at least 15 salads in addition however! Still kind of.. Uhoh.. Mind you I've walked around 40 miles all week with treks into Mijas, fuengirola, torremelinos, malaga up and down mountainy areas, up and down heart attack hill to the beach and the hilly contours of Benalmadena itself. So hopefuly its all good. If not it just means I start detoxing tomorrow and back to my usual veg, chicken and fish as usual. To be honest I've eaten pretty much the same all week in the appartment and when we've eaten out I've stuck to the safe foods too.

Looking through the camera I've taken over 950 pictures in 7 days.. Woops

I am sure you can afford to put on a few pounds Scooter. Bet you haven't though pleased you have enjoyed it xx

Have had a fantastic week away and looking forward to getting home - missed my nieces n nephews, Adam, my dog and the usual routine. Though I know come 8:05am Monday it will be like I've never been away!

A couple of lbs gain isn't going to hurt or kill me, however I just replaced work trousers before I came away and threw the others away so hopefuly not too much. Wore a dress last night when we went out in the evening and since I got it a few weeks ago its become a little more loose in the bust and hips so you never know. I've also decided after this week to gradually introduce a bit more exercise when I get home as have been on a strict ban and doing nothing other than walk to work and back. Decided I may try rollerblading to work and back over the weekend so its another option for the mornings and evenings as an alternative. However just a little not a lot. If its too much effort Ill stick to skating in the street with the kids

Ahhhhhh skating!!! Cannot wait till I have the confidence to do that as again :) I'm so glad u had a good time. I've been logging in my fitness pal...I know carbs put me to sleep lol so I try a to stay clear...so much harder than I thought it would be.
I weighed myself this morn and guess what! I lost 7 lbs!!!!! Its not huge but at least I know I didn't imagine the surgery lol.

I bet u haven't put on a thing :)
Can't wait for pics x
Sally x

Scooter81, its Chelsea. The girl from theatre who visited you on my lunch break when you had the leak! i was doing some research about bariatric surgery and found this website where i read your post x

hey!! How are you Chelsea?? what do u wanna know?? lol

I tell you what, that was one awfully kind thing you did for me on that day. Ok you used my arm like a pin cushion to start off with trying to get the canulars in, but I know it was purely out of devotion to your job. Its not been an easy ride as you well know from the theatre visits, but were getting there and when you came down to see me on your break that day with your sandwich in hand (torture) it meant alot. Thank you! Im at the hospital on Monday around 5ish if your about?

holiday pics to bore u with.. oh and ignore the hair. From the moment we got there, the "Clown-fro" returned.

31815-albums2488-picture16463.jpg

31815-albums2488-picture16461.jpg

31815-albums2488-picture16462.jpg

31815-albums2488-picture16466.jpg

31815-albums2488-picture16467.jpg

lovely pics. love the dress, its very pretty (i only ever wear dresses) and i want your hair, suits you alot. glad you had a nice break away

Hi Rebecca
I have spent a lot of time today reading your story. I don't know why I haven't read it before. . .but I am in total shock. You are an amazing person to have survived all that and to maintain your positive outlook on life, to have continued to work, to have found love. Your family sound lovely, so does your new man.

I was wondering how the girl you visited in the hospital is getting on? Well done you on visiting her and making a difference.

I realise I have had it all SO easy. I have type 1 diabetes, but its well controlled, my sleeve op went well and I am recovering from a tummy tuck 2 weeks ago, and even with the diabetes I am healing amazingly well. I can't believe the size I am now, as when I embarked on the surgery I expected only to become less fat, never expected to get to normal!!

The pics of your holiday are lovely and I am so pleased that you had a great time. I am in awe at you rollerskating. I could never do it even as a kid. Now my boys want to try it and I'm still scared.

Thank you so much for sharing. I hope that your issues with cardio get sorted. (But to be honest, give your track record. . . . seriously I do hope that this team look after you better.

Take care
Crackers xxx

Hi Crackers, the girl I visit in the hospital is still there. Still having problems. Im just hoping that the last course of treatment shes had is going to have been of benefit to her and see her move on a bit more and to a more normal life. Ive kept in touch with her by text while away and she seems to be heading the right way, and has got my postcard I sent. Im off to see her tomorrow after work and see if we can escape from the ward for half hour or so. Weve become really good friends through this unusual scenario. While I can assosciate with some of the treatment and see how things that happened with me may have helped her, I cant begin to imagine how she truly feels.

Some days its hard. Some days I STILL break down, paticularly when Ive had a day from hell, however they are thankfuly few and far between now. Still having probs with work, and to top it all having opened my mail since returning from holiday I have a letter for a review at the hospital where i underwent surgery - good i have a few questions to ask - but the hospital where Im under for cardiology and expecting to see surgeons on 16th October have cancelled my appointment due to unforseen circumstances and will write to me again soon with a new appointment. Im annoyed, but on the other hand if they can cancel it until further notice it cant be all THAT bad after all, can it? As I said previously if I was about to kick the bucket Id have been in hospital etc.. way before now so thats a good sign!

work.. its one of them.. keeps me preoccupied, drives me insane and Im dreading going back tomorrow. just before I broke up I was informed I would need to see H R as they think my health is now effecting my ability to do my job. I understand the concerns, particularly with the recent collapse/fitting episode however since then Ive been fine. I understand it impacts my team, and when Im not there even more so. I also made a point of emphasising Im the only one there full time monday-friday on my team and when the part timers dont come in, come in and talk rubbish all day and the work load doesnt get done it impacts my health as Im doing more than one persons job, and being bestowed with more stress than frankly I should have to deal with. Certainly I do not get paid anywhere near enough to deal with it all. Nothing has stopped me doing my job except the hospital time last year. Questioning my ability to do my job when Im smashing all my targets, getting the work done, extra duties etc seems a bit nuts?? The only target im not hitting is.. sickness.. Ive had 3 periods of sickness in the last year - 4 in 18 months totalling 113 days. The last time I was off I was told by employer not to return until tests had been carried out by cardiology and got signed off by my GP for this period so was covered by this. However now this seems to be an issue. I had gone 7 months without being sick, and the only reason I didnt attend work was due to the above. However I goto work everyday and I do just that. There was a time where I never thought id be returning, they didnt think I would be and things were pretty grim. Now things are a billion times better, Im off less than ever in my career there, still not good enough. When I saw occ health last time the report said in black and white that due to the severity of problems it is likely that I may need further time off as we still dont know what the whole thing did fully or what impact it would have, howver it was hoped that things seemed to turn a corner and as long as my eating picks up (it has) and I continue to do as I should there is no reason why I would not be fit for my role or do my job to the best of my ability. I just hope tomorrow is a good one.

Adam has been amazing, and its scary how were now starting toplan things and look to the future instead of.. whats happening this afternoon? Who knows what will happen.. I just hope things carry on as they are with all aspects of life not just with Adam as its all coming together nicely.

Congrats on the Tummy tuck.. glad things are healing nicely and your well on the road to recovery. Something Id like but dont necessarily want or need! To be fair Im all uhhhh.. yes but no thanks, but maybe! Lets see what happens with that too. Im glad your at the "normal" stage, and hope to join you there sometime (hopefuly soon!!) lol :)

Had to do this.. a before and recent after pic.. seems very surreal...

31815-albums2488-picture16468.jpg

Wowzers how fab do you look?

Back