• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Leaking like the Titanic..

WOW go girl go. So pleased you have thrown ya self back in that's best thing to do. Proud of ya and expect they are too. Not many woiuld be prepared to do what you have and still work hard. Well done on the extra walking it obviously agrees with ya. xxx Hope the dog is ok xxx

Cheers Sarah, how are you getting on?

Chrisa, Stig is alot better tonight. Still a bit of a dodgy tum but racing round the house squeaking the stupid cupcake-ball and its lovely :) Hes also picking at his food and drinking plenty of water. Just have to get him in a headlock to give him his medicine, which is proving difficult as he keeps running round the sofa out my way and then behind the tv. Crafty little dogs worked it all out. Means hes pretty much his good old self.To think Ive sat at work stressing about him to find the little so and so is fine after all. Went to B&M on way home to get water for work tomorrow and got some dog things from the pet isle including the cutest pair of doggy UGG boots for Stig. Hes gonna love having them on his feet haha. I figured with the chilled gut he has might be handy for the colder weather with expected snow in October etc.. I know I wouldnt wanna walk outside bare foot and neither will he so it all helps!

Been to the hospital tonight, A&E with a friend whos crackered her finger and to visit my other friend who was going home. The problems she had are somewhat fixed however she never even got to take her PJs off and go home as prommised and has further procedures on Friday. Shes positive, chirpy, gave me stick and confused the hell out of me on the phone when she goes "Guess what! My bedroom looks JUST like Ward 10.." and my answer was.. "curtains?? wall color? Or do u mean u took Staff nurse trunchy home???" she laughed and went "nope.. I never got to walk out, havnt left still here" so took her a couple of things had a laugh and a joke, played up and went back to A&E to wait with other friend, left 8:30pm and grabbed KFC on the way home. The "Snack box" was interesting.. first mouthful of the 1 piece snack box was divine.. second mouthful.. tollerable.. first fry ok.. 2nd ok.. punch in ribcage sensation, and a dash to the loo. Just about an hour later and Im home, in bed feeling sickly and in danger of "baby birding". All I can taste is grease. Brushed my teeth, rinsed my mouth and still got that after taste. The moral of the story?? Next time I goto KFC get the corn or a carton of milk.

Got a later start at work tomorrow yippee! Dont start till 9am so thats good, I switched shifts to help a colleague out and I get a lay in too! Was up most of last night with my poorly furry baby and got around 2 hours sleep. If Im this stressed over my puppy, imagine what Ill be like if I ever have kids!

Today I weighed in and checked my height etc.. and guess what! :) Ive lost the weight I gained on holiday (woohoo!) and am now a "healthy weight" with a BMI of 23 from a BMI of 63.8 (op date BMI - greatest is a BMI of 69.8)

with everything thats been going on, I kinda missed out on reporting that. To be fair, I never even checked as the numbers stopped meaning anything a long time ago. I periodically jump on the scales but dont work out BMI. However having checked them today in Morrisons, I stared in disbelief, grinned like a chimp, punched the air and "woohooed"... put all my clothes back on and walked out head held high.. I didnt really strip off... wouldnt unleash that on the town!

Came home still in disbelief convinced the calculations wrong and checked on BOSPA website and yep.. its right :) according to the website..

BOSPA - The British Obesity Surgery Patient Association

Been out and about with the family and dogs today. Took my nieces and nephew out to Sandwell Valley Country Park and did a fair bit of walking and kite flying. Lovely afternoon running round with the kids. Came back to my parents and went on the see-saw with them and got involved with cooking dinner and its just been a good day in all. Only negative is what Ive eaten. Not a good day! Super restriction and a bit of a yucky feelingfrom the get go saw me with the following consumed..

breakfast - teaspoon of yogurt
lunch - bite of samosa
dinner - 2 teaspoons of rice and a bite of chicken wing

however Ive kept fluids up and tomorrows a new day and we try again. Favorite day of the week. Sunday and moms roast mmm :) Hope all is well with you guys and whatever your doing, your having a great one :)

Hi BECKY, pleased you have had a great day. Like you say new day new start never guna be 2 days a like, you are here to tell the tail that's the great thing, and this BMI no's WOW that's amazing xxx

I'm amazed you've lost 17 stone, that is INCREDIBLE.

What an astounding achievement after everything you've been through. The transformation in the before and after photos is one of the most dramatic weight loss changes I've ever seen, you look like a totally different person.

I can only congratulate you, but it seems a bit of a lame thing to say! You're an inspiration.

I am totally a different person and the whole thing has made me that.

My start weight was not my heaviest weight, however it is the weight on surgery day and gained after the op when things started to go wrong. Sometimes my dad doesnt recognise me in the supermarket, he keeps looking for the "old" me. I have the odd photo scattered round the house, and its been funny and somewhat awkward as different people whove only known me the last 6 months or so (new neighbours) can not put the connection together. A Girl at work who has returned from 12mnts maternity leave cant put the 2 together, after 5 hours she asked how I knew her lol priceless moment. When I have moments like that it hits home how the whole thing has changed me, not just physically. The sad thing is I have what I consider to be "worse" pics than those on here and I look at them and I could cry with some. However I dont as they were some of the happiest times of my life - nieces & newphews births, outings to the park. Thought I was living then, and its not until we do things like this weekend gone - treks around the valley, the farm, swimming I realise that even though it sometimes doesnt feel like it and there is a bit of a limbo some days that I am now finally truly begining to live the life I dreamed of, and I cannot wait to see what it brings next.

i wish you well with your band and look forward to hearing of your progress :)

Morning!!

Yesterday I and a few friends went to the Sky Trail Tamworth @Planters Garden centre. what an experience! Its an aerial network of challenges that includes walking across balance beams, cables, wires, platforms, swinging and a pure adrenaline rush! We got there at bout 3:30pm and saw the course towering above the center and thought.. not as bad as we figured it would be. we get inside and theres kids as young as 5 running round there on some levels, lulled us into a false sense of security..

We got harnessed up, this had us grinning like nutters as 12 months ago to the 4 of us who went,our ankles wouldnt have got through those straps and our weight would have exceeded the limits of 20 stone and we' be forced to watch from below.. given the safety briefing and finish drooling at the "safety marshall" we went to play.. omg! as the top level was empty we went right to the top.. looks easy.. oh yeah then you seethe ground, no safety nets, no nothing, not caged in, just u the beams, wires, the floor and the panic kicked in. I went down a level where the kids were and did a few things there, climbing the cargo net, walked the balance beam, suspension cable, stepping stones and went back to the top and feeling more confident as Id successfuly did some of the others on the level below,just went for it. Picked a trail that involved crossing the gap using 2 suspended cables around 2feet apart, no hand rope guide to help you across, just you, your safety harness that runs the beam track above your head.. stepped onto the cables shuffled forward.. not so bad.. went to move my left foot to walk across and que jibbering case of bambi legs, full body shake and tremble and panic. heart beating in my throat and incessant thoughts of you crazy fool! WHY?!?! everytime i eased the weight on one foot to lift and move it along the wire the balance of weight on my other leg was too much and i got bambi legs. wires trembled vigorously i paniced. I figured I should head back having only gone 2 steps but couldnt turn, couldnt walk back and had this crazy 5 year old behind me saying "am ya gonna be long? I wanna get past!" I wanted to say "IM STUCK ILL BE HERE ALL NIGHT!" but I refrained and puzzled my way across, sliding my feet, not lifting them, pushing the harness guide as you go, supporting all your body weight on your arms. got across to the other side where Nette was waiting and gave me a big hug and said Id looked terrified. I was. no lie. but Id done it and then the same kid goes to me, "scuse me.." had crossed it in 20 seconds, it had taken me what seemed like forever!

Got more confident and used to how it all works and spent the entire 40 minutes we were on there loving it all, swinging across gaps, climbing, balancing, panicing.. and walked down those stairs when our time was up proud as punch of what we all achieved yesterday.

Goes to show that when your dangling on a bit of rope you got to options give up and dangle for the rest of your life and wait for someone to rescue you, orr.. give it a go and you can overcome that obstacle again and again and again and it gets easier and start living. The adrenaline rush was just wow! We got deharnessed and went to get a strong coffee and tea, and got stopped by a few people who congratulated us for giving it a go, and saying how brave they thought we were. drinking tea and coffee and little kid whod lapped me millions of times and "excuse me.." came in to claim her free can of pop said we all did "pretty good" that meant alot. Quite funny as it appears that a few people had been watching our group and a couple kindly took a group pic of us. Im waiting for the pic to be uploaded by friend, and then thats being printed and going in the album.

Got home last night, still buzzing.. thinking of what we can do now? any suggestions are welcome. Feel great and like I can do anything.. I know I cant, but all I can do is try.

Wake up this morning.. feel like Ive been hitby a train and beaten by a ninja. arms ache, legs ache, ears ache (why i dont know), butt aches, thighs ache, blinking aches.. feel like lead everywhere, but I kinda like it! Todays crazy feat includes walking Mr Piggle, helping my mom with dinner (I love this) going home and cooking something lovely for Adam and I and just relaxing ready for work tomorrow.. and maybe a few baths to ease the pain lol :)

Hope all is well with you all, and thinking of you at this time Sally x

wow well done you crazy girl. you have a wonderful positive mental attitude.

how about white water kayaking or rafting?

Sounds like great fun!What a buzz as well, doing something like that now you've lost all your weight - many congrats!

Now you need to take up skiiing - I'm a fanatic and go 3 times a year, there's nothing like it.

Heres a couple of pics..

31815-albums2488-picture16481.jpg

31815-albums2488-picture16480.jpg

Thats me at the top by the steps, about to be overtaken (again) by one of the kids on the course

31815-albums2488-picture16479.jpg

31815-albums2488-picture16478.jpg

ha ha Crazy girl! Will add those to the list.. so far we have;

* swimming with sharks (not for a few years, and when ALL sharks become vegetarian)
* cannoes/ kayaks /rafts
* abseiling
* Indoor Rock climbing http://www.wolfmountain.co.uk/
* Climbing snowdon (2014 warmer weather)
* Gorge Walking (2014 warmer weather)
* Paintballing (gonna hurt like hell)
* Go Karting
* Indoor Skydiving
* bungee jumping (uhhh no for me, Ill watch!)

skiing! We have an indoor snowdome near us at Telford. Forgot about that! Thankyou! Ive always wanted to go skiing. Theres a thing for that Zorbing on Wowcher all the time, but the thought of being in an inflatable bubble scares me, plus the one at the moment is water zorbing. no way! What if i get a puncture? Ill keep that for another day but skiing sounds good. I love ice skating and am getting betters, however with not being well have really reduced physical activity, planning on returning the gym tomorrow and just doing a little bit of basics on the exercise bike and cross trainer and then walk home. Nothing too strenuous to over do it. Feeling pretty good :) However still throwing alot of caution to the wind. When it comes to going tomorrow after work (its on site at work) if im too tired, or not feeling too bright, I will not go. Yesterday was refreshing and envigourating :)

way to go Becky.

I've spent the afternoon running round in the park with my not quite 5yo and a foam rocket. I really couldnt have done that 6 months ago....

My little one isnt that brave - but maybe he'll be ready to Go Ape next summer.... or the one after. When he's ready, I want to be ready too :) x

It is now nearly 3am and for the last two hours, I have read all 47 pages of this thread on my phone.

What a roller coaster! I have laughed, cried, taken sharp intakes of breath ... I have not pitied you, I have admired you. Even in your darkest moments, you accepted them for what they were and held on to the belief that things would pick up.

You have been repeatedly knocked however you have repeatedly fought back.

I know you are you. I feel like I know you. I certainly feel like I want to know you.

Thanking you for continuing to share your story. I wish you happiness and health xx

i know things will be how they should or I will become a mutant and join the XMen.. both are not too bad options :) thanks for your kind words they mean alot, sincerely, thank you x

i am feeling on top of the world at the moment, physically, emotionally and making the most of every second. never know when things may u-turn and i dont want to live life anymore with shoulda, woulda, coulda.. i am me, and this is how i see events that unfold in my life. thankfuly its not constant doom and gloom. ive lived, laughed, loved and cried - tears of laughter, anger. pain, sadness and frustration. if i had a soundtrack to my life, "tragedy" would definitely be on there! the friendships that have been forged are one of the positives. ive come to know alot of wonderful people who have been there for me - ok we may not have ever met, but i feek like weve known each other a lifetime and i just hope i can give back the love and support ive received. thanks..

just living life, loving life and taking it one day at a time.

sarah! go ape looks awesome im sure youll both have an amazing time when your ready c

there isnt anything you cant achieve if you want it bad enough. It was good fun, scary but fantastic. were looking forward to going again and have decided on "adrenaline tubing" haha should be fun

Becky!!! Ur so brave! Lol and an angel. I love reading ur post its helped no end. Its been a difficult few months and I'm still stalling but haven't had time to stress abt it...now I will have some more time I'm going to try and work out where I'm going wrong. Thank u hun for all ur support.
Sally x

Back