• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Leaking like the Titanic..

Thinking of you today Scooter May God Bless you n keep you safe. Hope all goes to plan and some answers may be found wether they tell you today or not. Head high you can do this. xxx

En route in the blinkin snow for oesophagastroduodenoscopy - forms say examination of gullet stomach and upper small bowel. Gonna b fun!

Will update later x thanks Chrisa

Good luck for today Scooter and hope that by the end of the day you have the answers you are looking for xx

Hi guys..

Went to the hospital into endoscopy, and no notes. However I have a temporary set and was informed that there has been an email sent to every contact at the hospital from management requesting that if they have my notes they are returned immediately. They can get into a lot of poopy for not having them.

The procedure should have been at 8:45 however pre-op I was treated for diabets so as well as taking my blood pressure which was 87/55 they tested my blood sugars which were 1.9. So due to low glucose levels the consultant advised he was not happy to proceed with them being so low and I was given glucose drinks to drink and lucozade tablets to boost sugar levels.

Happy that the levels increased and maintained, the procedure went ahead but as no notes, had procedure with the throat spray as opposed to sedation. Luckily I didnt need a stretch after all, however have what they "think" and "look" like benign tumours in my oesophagus and stomach and alot of scar tissue.

They have taken several biopsies which have been sent off for analysis. I should get the results in 3-4 weeks when Im to return back to clinic. However further to my last appointment I was told by the dieticien and my surgeon to phone them just before/ just after endoscopy and theyd get me a follow up appointment asap. Ive already emailed them the information as requested during the call on Wednesday so just waiting.

Im ok, just have chronic wind, abdominal discomfort and aches when I swallow. However that due to having had dynarod out again.. but god its done the trick!

I consented to the procedure without my full records as Im glad to say that the endoscopist was the main guy himself. Previously he had assisted with surgery procedures Ive had and when I got in the room he had pics of prev procedures, details of diameters of tools, diagrams of stomach etc.. Also got a "wow look at you without your snazzy feeding tube.. you look great" and had a bit of banter with him and the team who put me at ease. The nurse in recovery afterwards said shed hardly recognised me from the last time (June) but when I smiled she could tell from my eyes and mouth it was me. Gave me a hug and said it was so good to see me ok, because last time she saw me I was very poorly and she often wondered how I was doing.

Just waiting for biopsy reports and confirmation theyre benign and the next course of action. because there are a fair few there they think foods and drink irritate them causing them to flare up. May need to have them removed. But the team and endoscopy will discuss further.

Lets hope next couple of weeks fly by

So do you have little polyps inside? Hope it all gets sorted this time pleased thye were helpful with ya for once xx

I think so, I heard tumours and my heart stopped. Didnt give any other indications as to any specific kind other than benign tumours. I have a copy of the preliminary report which has a print out of a picture of one of them on there. The report just says basically the procedure was successfull, scar tissue etc.. awaiting further information from biopsies.

Ahh rite, so wait you will, bout time you had good news can't wait xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Get ya self a drin k tonight xx

Im on the strong stuff tonight.. Yorkshire Tea.. bostin!

Hi :) been making the most of being a big kid and playing in the snow with my nieces and nephews. Hope wherever you all are youve had a good weekend too, and wrapped up warm. Im about to add another layer of tin foil to my waistline in the hope it keep the warmth in.. wll let you all know how it goes later on.

Heres a couple of pictures from the weekend..

This was taken today after my sister in law grabbed me and straightened my Clown-Fro out.

31815-albums2488-picture16157.jpg

A comparison picture from 3 months preop with one of my nieces and nephews, and just over 12 months on with them now.. well yesterday pre-clownfro straightening.

31815-albums2488-picture16158.jpg

WOW can't believe its you, love the hair straight n curly nice to be able to choose xx looking fab xx

You're SO pretty Rebecca - straight or curly. But straight doesn't half suit you !

Even in the before picture, you're still pretty and have an infectious smile.

Wow - you give me hope that I'm going to be totally different a year from now...

My sister in law convinced me to let her sort my mop out on my head. I lost a lot of hair and its grown back a lot thicker and wirey. I've straightened it before and its annoyed me trying to get it done. However it was nice to be pampered today lol what's the odds I wake up with my clown-fro tomorrow? Haha

Sarah now, 6 months ago, 6 months or 6 years from now you will still be beautiful :) we are all somebodys princess :)

I think when I lose another few stone, I'm going to need a make-over.

I've NEVER been a girly girl. I dont (and never have) worn makeup other than the day I got married. I'm fairly happy with my hair - buy heaven forbid someone suggest a blow dry or straighteners. lol.

I got bought a paid of GHB's (Is that right) about 4 years ago by my mum. I do still have them - but they've never been used. TBH - I think where that stuff is concerned, she gave up hope many many years ago.

Thing is - when you are uncomfortable the way you look yourself, it just makes you want to hide rather than show off. Some people carry it off well no matter their size. Look at Dawn French for example. Whatever size she was / is - she always appears such a vivacious character. I only say appears, as obviously I dont know her !

On the other hand, even when I was a trim 12 / possibly 14 back at the age of 20 - I had "issues" back then that made me want to escape my own skin. I dont think I've worn a dress since I was 13 / 14yo other than the day I got married.

I can and will do this. I'd REALLY love to be able to shift 5 stone from where I am now before the end of summer.....

Sarah I hear you on the girly girl things. I've never been one, then Christmas 2011 I got brought straightners for christmas and started straightening my hair. Seemed easier when cinsiderably longer and less curly.

Then I had op in feb 2012 - year of not straightening due to feeding tubes, hospitals etc and tried a few weeks ago. They nearly went in the bin!

Its funny bc I feel a bit more confident with me and who I am now not necessarily how I look though it plays a big part. I don't give a hoot about a lot of insignificant thinhgs which some months ago were mountains in my way. I think they did something with my head as well.. I like vegetables now.. I own several dresses now.. I even wear them! I purchased several handbags - I didn't own one until November 2012 and now I have 3. For christmas I was given make-up sets and received some for my birthday - but I'm not going that far! Crikey! I can't see without my specs I'd look like a propper clown! To be fair I havnt got a clue! Wore makeup in October at a ball and felt good however was glad to get it off. Its just not me. Mind u neither were dresses, straightners, skirts or shoes.. What is the world coming to??!

I reckon you will smash that target :) I look forward to celebrating that achievement with you

Love the comparison photos Scooter. You look soooo much different in them and i love the curly hair too :).

i love the "clownfro" it really suits you

always wanted curly hair, doesnt matter how many crusts i eat it stays straight

im starting to think my mum lied to me

i love the "clownfro" it really suits you

always wanted curly hair, doesnt matter how many crusts i eat it stays straight

im starting to think my mum lied to me

lol! its always been wavey, but its got a life of its own at the moment. I now take after my mom in the hair department now with the mass of curls as opposed to my dad with the receeding hairline.. hmm.. take the curls any day :)

Ive worn my hair straightened for work today, and its been another culture shock in the office. Theyre still reeling from the shock of me whopping my legs out in a skirt, and now.. straight hair! Why oh why?! Too much change all at once me thinks.. my ex who I work with even dropped a text compliment which made me grin like a chimp and say out loud "ha! look what your missing!!" then "woops.. did I say that?"

Im tempted to give it a good wash and return to the circus look tomorrow, however Im liking it so will refrain for 24 hours more :) Will re-evaluate tomorrow.

Came home in the snow and ice to be collared by my neighbours, they havnt seen me since Thursday so I agreed to go in for a cup of tea and wound up getting fed a lush home made indian curry. Very nice, however Im paying for it now! hindsight says it wasnt a good idea, however it was lush and the stomach settlers kicking in now.

if you like I can bag and send you my crusts!

Hello love :O)

Sorry not been in touch been terribly unwell, just posted in the private forum, no medication can help me and im on the feeding tube for 20 hours a day now, the reversal is my only chance at a normal life or i will be staying on the feed for the rest of my life so god willing i will pull through it and get my life back xx how have you been? whats happening now? xx

All my love and best wishes

Sicknote

xxxxx

Back