• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Left In Limbo :(

GeMzY

So today finally arrived, woke at 3.45am just because....
Arrived at hospital at 6.40am, saw anaesthetist, apparently i'm 3rd on the list, saw another member of the surgical team signed consent form & went through the days procedure.... back to waiting room as I know 3rd is after lunch, happily chatting & speculating with others waiting while enjoying my 30ml of water an hour (as instructed)

12.40pm... name called.... your going home we are running late & can only do one today :cry:

I have booked time off work (that I cant just take without cover) I dont get paid when I don't work & now I have to fork out for another 2wk max cambridge diet as I have to stay pre-op (I am now priority anytime within the next fortnight)

I am totally raging inside this is like a punch in the face :(

That must be terribly frustrating for you, but you are so far down the road through the NHS process now that another date won't be far behind. Hang in there and keep your chin up!

Very frustrating but you are on your way to surgery sometime soon and others aren't so lucky... Good luck and I hope it's sooner rather than later that you are on the losers bench xx

Awwww I can't even comprehend how you feel right now, I really hope you get a call ASAP with a date very soon. Don't let this hit your spirits, I know it's a real pain but it will all be worth it in the long term xxx

oh hunni i feel for you ..... hugs x xx x x keep your chin up and keep positive (as u can) it wont be long.......... make sure u call them and get your revised date asap x x x

Oh no!!! That's awful, I really hope you get your date soon. Try not to be too disheartened though, everything happens for a reason. I'm sure you'd prefer to wait and have it done properly rather than them potentially rush it and cause damage, if they were pushed for time today. Think positive xx

I had my op cancelled on the day too, but mine was rescheduled for the following day, its annoying but fingers crossed it'll be soon for you.

I got cancelled on the day at 9.30am, got given a big glass of water, then got reinstated without being told and was told that if I hadn't had the water, I could have gone for surgery at 10am! Instead, I had to wait until 1pm.

This was due to a beds shortage.

I hope you're new date comes through soon; I'm really sorry you got cancelled today and appreciate how frustrated you must feel.

All the best, David..x

thanks all for your kind words xx

I think I feel more inconvenienced than anything, emotionally I am already drained, I know realistically it was beyond the hospitals control, they told us at 7am there was a big emergency in A&E & a shortage of beds, could've sent us back home then, & I know I wasn't the only one sent away.... most were... but they still let people check in at 10am & 12noon (they could've called them to postpone)

Anyway no news is good news huh...... I have proceeded to take my frustrations out on my kitchen cupboards as I gave up smoking 3 months ago FOR THIS OP LoL

My thoughts are now with those emergency cases, hope all is well! & the patients that travelled far (most I spoke to lived in the home counties, I am 15 minutes up the road)

so sorry this is happening to you hope you get a new date shortly

I guess you may have calmed down a bit by now,but never the less it must have been a very stressful time all the build up to the big day and puff its gone!
like everyone else has said before me keep your chin up and the day will ping around soon enough !
at least your kitchen cupboard will be gleaming !

OMG I can't even comprehend how you feel right now, I would be seriously peed off I really hope you get a date soon, I know sometimes circumstances beyond our control take over but I always believe everything happens for a reason ...:hug99:

UPDATE:

So after phoning all day I finally get a new date. (please remember I was told yesterday priority within 2 weeks) seems they run a different calendar to me...... 22nd May is the soonest, not sure how I feel to be honest but happy aint included :confused:

At least you've got a date I suppose, try and look at the positives chick- I know if must be hard though. Nearly there, only a few more weeks. It'll be worth the wait xx

Awww gemzy
I just asked you how you got on on another thread and then read this! So sorry my lovely, what an anti climax, gosh you get so hey up on the day with mixed emotions!! I'm so pleased to see you have a date, how will your work be about this? Hopefully they are one of the understanding companies xxxx hugs xx

Thanks Adrienne & yeh they are kind of understanding (one of my bosses had a bypass 2 yrs ago & had his postponed 3 times so he gets it)

Its more inconvenience having everything ready & in place, all stocked up shopping wise etc I just feel deflated, have decided not to tell anyone about the new date until afterwards I cant handle the sad looks when people see me its like someone died lol
so shhhh its a secret ;)

Best of luck for May 22nd, you'll not need it though, I'm sure things will go like clockwork this time.

Just read your posts Gemzy as I've not been logged on for a little while. So sorry to hear about your op being cancelled. 22 May will be here before you know it. Hang in there! M x

:D I am doing really well GeMzY, started a wee diary in 'Banded Diaries' forum if you want to check my progress. I am now exactly one week Post-Op and can report to be feeling really well. :character00238:
It'll not be long till it's your turn, I'm sure of it. I'm looking forward to your diary...

Back