• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lemon a day?

JO28172

Has anyone done this? Lemon is reported to break fat down and help with weight loss and gullible me read to kick start your day with a whole lemon sliced into a mug of hot water. Day 1 started.....will it help?

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

elarkins

I drank pure lemon juice once a day during my pre op stage and I really thought it helped! I felt alot better and it helps clean you out if you know what I mean lol

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
I have heard of people doing it and saying it works.

But then herbal teas, like 3 cups of oolong, green or nettle tea are suppose to have similar benefits too.

Good luck Jo! Can't hurt to try. It should be a good detox and kick your system into gear :) xxx

My Granny had a cup of warm lemon water every morning, it goes back many years and my Granny swore by it. I'd forgotten about it, I might give it a go myself. Xx

miserable

It does help both to clean your system and break fat. I use like as a course, so a month on a month off otherwise body get used to it

JO28172

Ooooo let's see what happens then! Things we try hey :D

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Raynebubble

a whole lemon will have a lot of natural sugars in so therefore makes you go to the toilet a lot quicker

nikshikari

Can you use lemon juice or does it have to be fresh lemons?

Ruthiep

Whoa whoa whoa.

I haven't had milk in my tea for about 25 yrs. I have *always* taken my tea with fresh lemon, and more recently, I've added fresh ginger as I read somewhere it's good for joints (my arthritis as I got fatter) and also a good immune booster. I can therefore testify from a knowledge base that:

1. During the past 25 yrs of taking lemon I have reached 17st 2, and lost the weight twice, once through diet and exercise, once through sleeve. I never once thought my lemon intake aided me in the slightest.

2. I have been very healthy and mostly cold-free, I attribute this to the health properties of both lemon, ginger and also the immune boosting supplements I take, particularly the brilliant Olive Leaf Extract.

I think it can't do any harm to take lemon, it's full of Vit C and ginger with it is a good cold prevention addition. I can't say it kept me slim; only my own efforts, along with my op, have done that.

lyndajoan

it carnt hurt to try and you can get lemon and ginger fruit teas which are very nice, let us know how you get on jo. xxx

Jamast

Lemon in warm/hot water is good for your skin and gives you extra vit.c but will not break down fat. It's good for your immune system and helps to cleanse your system. It is also good for asthma and sore throats. I have a glass every morning and have done for over 30 years. It's something our family has done for generations - all the women are fat, apart from one who is/was anorexic.

Last edited:

Big an Bouncy

Dont think fat melts but it has vit c and makes you wee more so flushes kidneys and bladder more which prevents stones.

angeeb

Don't think there's anything at all we can swallow that "breaks down fat" if there were i'd have a shed load full, be skinny and rich selling it for £1000 a bottle :D

Ruthiep

Good luck with that, Jo :) hope it helps, chick ... at the very least you will have a lovely clean colon :eek: :D xxx

Duno about that either; I have suffered from constipation for years, certainly for as long as I have taken lemon and ginger in my tea.

chrisa

I think they used to suggest you do that at ww in times gone by. start the day with a cup of hot water and lemon. xx

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
Ruthiep said:
Duno about that either; I have suffered from constipation for years, certainly for as long as I have taken lemon and ginger in my tea.

Maybe you have to do cycles of it, or your body becomes accustomed to it.

I haven't got a clue really lol.

I will stick to herbal leaf teas though. I can't stand drinking warm or hot fruit flavours