• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Life's on hold....(again)

novamay

Born Free
I'm in Limbo... where nothing's happening... and I hate waiting around...

I phoned Pscyhologist but his report has still not been typed up yet and probably won't be for another couple of weeks. Then it has to wing its way over to the Bariatric team's intray, and I have no idea what happens to it after that. Do I need to see the consultant again? Does the MD Panel have to review my case again? Or do I go on the waiting list?

DH wants to go away for a week in October/early November; Work want to know when I will be off on sick - will I be off over the Xmas / New Year period when they are short staffed? We have enquiries coming in for our disco business for October/November/December - do I book them in or do I say no? Am I going to the works Xmas lunch/night out or not?

Trivial things I know, but I can't plan anything and its really annoying me.

I know what your going through - not being in control of the situation and having to wait for things to be typed up - i've often thought ' give it here I'll do it and I'll do it a sight quicker too.

Suppose the way to go is to just carry on as nothing we do will make it get done any faster and were just getting ourselves stressed with it. At least when you get a date you can cancel things then. Not great but the journey has started at least.

I agree with Sam you cant put your life on hold while waiting it will drive you crazy I am at the same stage although when i phones was told when she found my file in her inbox (she has been away on hols) then she would send me out my preop appointment. Best to carry on as normal then when it arrives its a bonus and you can cancel what you cant commit too

Yes, I know exactly where you are coming from. I am just waiting for a date, got one earlier this week for 12 Oct only to be cancelled today as no anaesthetist. I have commitments throughout late November and December socially and my work, whilst very supportive, are now getting a bit pee'd off. I'm just trying to relax a bit and figure what happens happens - it's not in my control! I was planning a big trip in Feb but don't want to book that in case I am not well or there are complications. I have just decided to cancel those plans and hope that my improved health etc makes up for it!

thanks guys, I know I just need to "calm down and carry on" as the saying goes... Ah, Welly, you must be so gutted, I hope that your op is rearranged soon.

Today I have some good news for once - the letterbox rattled at lunchtime and there was the psychologists report on the mat - confirming that he's recommending the sleeve for me.

Puts me in a better frame of mind - now just have to wait to hear from Mr M at Sunderland. Promise to be a patient patient from now on (hopefully it wont be too long).

Just typical we have discos lined up in November.

oh had my diabetic check up yesterday (and my flu jab - cant believe thats come around so quickly). Blood glucose control is down to 6.8 from 8+ and my cholesterol is 4.2. Nurse is well chuffed.... but on downside I have put 7 lbs on since balloon was removed (tut tut). Have been a bit silly with portion sizes, so will have to wind my neck in and go back to the smaller plate to shift that before I have any op!

Got my letter from the pschologist on 27th September, officially signed off and now in the hands of the Bariatric team. Just waiting to hear from the MDT whether they agree to Sleeve or not; and hopefully a date. Fingers crossed!

Back