• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lighten the mood...bit overwhelmed :)

angelwings25

Likes Vanilla Lattes
I just wanted to put in a little post (i don't think i've ever been able to write a short amount!!) to express my overwhelming feeling for the response I have received when i've told people about my upcoming gastric bypass surgery (27th Nov). I work from home and I speak and email my contractors regularly, have built up this non-face relationship with many of them and as the surgery draws closer and my extended period of time off looms nearer I have started telling them that I will be off for part of December due to this surgery. I don't justify it or anything I just explain the brief outline of my reasons and why it is happening. I firmly believe you can't tell someone you are having a gastric bypass without elaborating. Anyway, you know when you read something and you feel like you're welling up inside because despite the fact that these people don't know you personally they are extremely understanding and have said things like "i respect you for sharing it with me" and "you are really brave and good luck to you". It's just overwhelmed me a bit as I got an email just now from a contractor I know (we are talking the accounts side) and she was so lovely, she said try to keep me updated I want to know how you are getting on. It's really made me up and I just wanted to share that with you all. I know there are some really narrow minded people in this world who don't understand but felt by sharing this I can show that there are ones who understand even if they are strangers. It's weird how my bestfriends boyfriend doesn't want me to have it, lucky for me I don't give a s**t about him!!!! LOL my bestmate is for it so screw him! ha ha ha xxxx hope everyone is having a nice day xxxx

:)Great post Angel:)
Not long & you'll be flying!!!

hi laura
good on you.
i got a txt night before from a friend who said i think your very very brave. i was stunned so lovely. even my own family didnt say a word to me xx

Hi,

I totally agree I was actually quite shocked how supportive people was before my op and how supportive they are now. Its lovely when people take the time out to see how you are and to make sure your ok.

Excellet news and good for you hun! These people will continue to be in your ife post surgery and if they are supportive it makes the world so much easier to love in! Good for you babe!

Back