• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

For post-op or soon to be post-op!!

love the icon!!!

At the moment im keeping my head down. She's making an idiot of herself. She once told me of for laughing, until the firstaider pointed out i was actually having an asthma attack!

She is overweight herself and deep down i think shes a little envious that im having it done. I cant wait to have my op.

Good girl you keep your morals high. Its her who is ignorant. Gail
love the icon!!!

At the moment im keeping my head down. She's making an idiot of herself. She once told me of for laughing, until the firstaider pointed out i was actually having an asthma attack!

She is overweight herself and deep down i think shes a little envious that im having it done. I cant wait to have my op.

I know I will have to take the time off as holidays which is fine. I don't have any holidays left this year (highly unlikely I'll have it this year anyway, I know!!). I think my boss will be supportive but I'm scared incase she tells me I can't have the time off!! Not sure what I'd do then!!! If I say it is for an operation on my stomach then she can't really refuse, can she?!?!

Currently, my plan is to say that I am having abdominal surgery that is expected to have a positive effect on my diabetes. Do you reckon that sounds OK????

I have a really lovely boss and have great colleagues but I just don't want people to know all my personal business. ( I am funny about this and always have been. When I got married, if I could have got away without telling anyone at work I would have done ;))

My boss knows that I am likely to be off work following surgery (we have to arrange work loads months and months in advance) but he hasn't asked any questions about what for. I have also told him that I am likely to be off for up to 3 months :eek:(yes I know that it is likely to be much, much, much less than that but I am hoping to be off as long as possible) and he did look like he had swallowed something hard and jagged when I did - probably because 2 of the other women on our team had just told him that they were going on maternity leave at about the same time as I hope to have the op :D:D:D

love

TillyBob

Currently, my plan is to say that I am having abdominal surgery that is expected to have a positive effect on my diabetes. Do you reckon that sounds OK????

I have a really lovely boss and have great colleagues but I just don't want people to know all my personal business. ( I am funny about this and always have been. When I got married, if I could have got away without telling anyone at work I would have done ;))

My boss knows that I am likely to be off work following surgery (we have to arrange work loads months and months in advance) but he hasn't asked any questions about what for. I have also told him that I am likely to be off for up to 3 months :eek:(yes I know that it is likely to be much, much, much less than that but I am hoping to be off as long as possible) and he did look like he had swallowed something hard and jagged when I did - probably because 2 of the other women on our team had just told him that they were going on maternity leave at about the same time as I hope to have the op :D:D:D

love

TillyBob

When is your op??

Of course in my particular case, it helps that I am (A) a civil servant, (B) my boss is a former full time union rep (so s*** hot about discrimination and workers rights), (C) I am already recorded with work as having a disabilty and (D) I am the only person on my team who is never off sick (1 day in the past 4 years :) so they know I am not swinging the lead :D)

love

TillyBob

When is your op??
All being well (and based on what the surgeon said to me and said to my husband when she operated on him for something else last week) and the 18 week rule) it should be December/January

That of course is also subject to my appaling luck and the entire NHS being struck down with swine flue.

Won't settle until I have that date!!!!!!

love

TillyBob

My company don't allow you sick leave for "elective surgeries", so I told my male boss that I was having an operation on my stomach - when he asked what for, I told him I didn't want to discuss it & turned on the tears - not one word mentioned since.

I feel bad for not being completely honest but feel that as I haven't had 1 day sick in 8 years there, a week off isn't that bad!

I have told a very very tiny number of friends cos I too don't want everyone to know my business :eek:. Fortunately for me, I am only at my current company for another 3 weeks, so they wont see the transformation & the new company, will simply see a gradual weight loss & wont know any different!

I work with kids so have had a few sick days here and there. But everyone has so hopefully that won't be an issue. I'm nervous about telling my boss, I have to admit! I don't want to tell her and that affect the timeframe for my op!!!

Back