• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lisa's journey

lisa35

Today I started my LSD and I keep having to remind myself not to eat... Its hard working in a supermarket on checkouts with all this food going through your till and all you've had is a slimfast milkshake. There was a time today when I felt sick but I had a milky coffee and it passed. So far today I've had slimfast milkshake, a slim a soup and sugar free jelly and a milky coffee so I still need to get some more slimfast down my neck, problem is I'm not that keen on it lol. I had the choice of 3 diets and I'm not sure if i should try the very low kcal one instead. 2 weeks today it should all be over and my new life will begin. I will be writing in this daily to keep my mind on the goal. Weight pre op 19/05/2014 143.1kg

Last edited:
Woke up this morning feeling ok but after 3 hours awake and a slim fast for breakfast feeling so weak I'm not sure if I'm tolerating the slim fast as every time I have them I have a bad belly and have diarrhea. Think I'm going to have to give the low cal diet a go instead. Any one got any advice please x

Hi chick

I was lucky to not have to do a pre op diet but I have read other diaries on here where people have switched from one to the other:eek:

Give your provider a call xx

Call your provider hunni tell them its making you poorly, i would think it would be ok, but double check to be sure x x x

i couldnt do slimfast either gave me the runs really bad some people just dont have the tolerance i would ask about changing it

Hi Lisa,

I'm doing Slim Fast at the moment as part of my post-op diet. They're not the nicest. I bought the powder ones in tins as they were going cheap in Superdrug, but no matter how much you shake them, they still taste powdery.

I do have a tiny bit of an issue with diarrhoea, but I think thats from the op, I was told that most people go one way or the other and to be honest, I would rather it that way than constipated.

Good luck, whatever your choice. My Hospital recommends the low cal diet, but is just trialling the liquid diet with some patients.

I would call you provider and just explain and they will surely help you with it good luck and hope you will be ok just think not much longer to go and you will be on the losers bench

They said at the seminar we could do 1 day of each diet if we wanted, I've survived my 2nd shift at work and feeling ok at the moment, a little hungry but nothing too bad, I've found the banana one not too bad I read on the website that you can go either way but the more you have it the less it will happen.
Working at Asda I typically go shopping every shift so when I finished today I did my normal however instead of food I brought a new bra and knickers that were in the sale £5 for the 2 and some pj's for hospital, also got loads of toiletries I'll need for my stay.

typically days 3 and 4 are the worst on the lsd then it gets easier again

Wow I'm tired being up all the time weeing isn't helping though, got a bit of a fuzzy headache today plus side is slim fast hasn't sent me running to the loo today.
Doing a late at work so had a few hours sleep so I keep awake till 10.
Weighed myself this morning and thought the scales were broke so got hubby to jump on them too he weighed exactly the same as Monday I however had lost 9.8 kgs in 2 days hubby said don't need bypass just stick to this diet lol.
Weight start of pre op diet 19/05/2014 141.1kg
22.3 st
Weight after 2 days 21/05/2014. 130.3 kg
20.6 st
Going to weigh again tomorrow see if scales were lying cause if not I'm a little confused as how I've lost so much so quickly seems a lot of weight. I know water weight comes off first.

So today is day 4 and it's getting a little easier still tired and a little head achy but it's nowhere near as bad as before, I seem to not be able to say no to work as Saturday should be my day off first in 14 days but I'm now in and next day off is Wednesday when I'll be travelling on the train and taxi to Shrewsbury royal for my pre op assessment so a day of travelling then 2 days and I'm finished for how ever long I take to recover. One whole day with hubby then Sunday I go into. Hospital ready for op on Monday.

you should find the headache clears tomorrow mine did by day 5 wishing you all the best for your op and a speedy recovery

Today is going to by very trying, I'm pissed off with my mother in law who text me this morning saying she was coming tonight with hubby's uncle and his girlfriend and to make sure the house was clean, I don't know if I'm just being irrational because of the LSD or not but she's really pissed me off she come 2 times this year and both times we were having work done dont know why she feels the need to tell me to clean my house. In the text she said don't take offence but I have. The old me would of eat some chocolate but I'm not going to come off the LSD.
Brought some new bathroom scales and I weigh heavier on them so that's upset me too

i would tell her where to get of also it is a very emotional time doing the diet or i found it was as for the scales dont worry too much could be a fluke i bought some today never owned any before and scared to try them i always go boots but there machine is always out of order just lately just take a deep breath count to 10 and start over hope it all works out

Thanks princess I've been an emotional wreck today crying most of it think MIL tiredness and realisation that next week is when I go in hospital and the usual worry about if I'll survive the op. Can't wait for a week Monday night when it will be all over and I can get on that losers bench with you lot

Its a roller coaster of emotions at the best of times even after surgery sad to say im 5 weeks post op and still have my moments just keep your chin up and remember we are all here for you sending hugs x

We have the same surgeon too mr riera he's lovely he took my gall bladder put February when's your pre op? Are you from telford?

Back