• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lisa's journey

Keep up the hard work think this will be my hardest point in my journey but u r doing great well done and keep it up xx

Pre op assessment this afternoon going to leave in a bit for the train 4 days till I'm in hospital got new everything said to hubby feel like I'm going on holiday

Well after travelling via train and buses I got there and the nurse couldn't get my blood pressure at first then couldn't find my vein so had 3 different nurses try, she was in a mood though and I felt a little like it was my fault she was moaning about not eating or drinking since 7.30 that morning and that she needed to pick her grandson up. I had ECG and it said low charge but she said that was having to get through extra layers (that made me feel good ) then the main nurse said that they needed to tell the appointment people not to put the bariatric patients last on the list as they can be troublesome. Then said about my sleep aphnea test coming back mild and the dr might say he can't do it, but as I pointed out I had surgery in February an all was ok then. She left me with if you don't hear from me tomorrow everything's ok and as I haven't I'm assuming I'm all set for Sunday admission

fingers crossed your all set for the go

How did the cancel did they phone? How long before the op?

On the Friday by phone, I was in bits ! It depends when they speak to the surgeon ! But I am sure they would have told you by now. I pleaded with them .. But they would not budge x

I know I'm on route to telford hospital at the moment gotta see bariatric nurse and dietician, still no phone call so I'm crossing everything that they don't cancel hubby's booked week off work and my works took me off rota for atleast 2 weeks

I know I'm on route to telford hospital at the moment gotta see bariatric nurse and dietician, still no phone call so I'm crossing everything that they don't cancel hubby's booked week off work and my works took me off rota for atleast 2 weeks

You seeing bryony ? She was who told me .. She met me with the surgeon !

I had to see dietician brioney wasn't there had a phone call to say for me to take Cpap machine with me when I get admitted but that was all she said xx

It was sister from pre op she said she'd spoke to anesthetist and he said to take the Cpap with me on Sunday xx

Oh right so u r on cpap then .. Great did not realise u were or I could have said that. My problem was Cus I was not on it

I've got one just can't sleep with it on, thanks good luck with pre op you had your appointment for dietician through they say it's a new thing they want to see everyone just before the op something about better success rate, just about to get final train home, which pre op you doing? X

Shakes I think .. Find them easier ! I did it last time ok!

You must keep in touch we can meet up for a shake the other side lol

Back