• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lisa's journey

So in less than 2 hours I'll be on my way to hospital started pre op at 143.1 kg today I weigh 136kg 7.1kg weight loss 1st1.6 loss. Today I'm 21st 5 started out at 24st6last July so I'm happy with that never seeing that number again:)

Last edited:
Leaving for hospital in 1 hour and starting to feel the nerves everything's packed and ready to go.
Lost 15 lb on LSD so happy with that I was 24st6 in July last year I'm now 21st5

Hubby left @ 5 and I'll miss him but I'm looking forward to seeing him Tuesday with my new stomach in place, they've given me cheese potato pie and offered me chocolate moose but chose sf jelly instead, asking if I want sugar in my tea I had sweetener the woman opposite me having same thing had sugar and chocolate moose. Just want morning to come quickly so I can get it done now feeling impatient lol

Hubby left @ 5 and I'll miss him but I'm looking forward to seeing him Tuesday with my new stomach in place, they've given me cheese potato pie and offered me chocolate moose but chose sf jelly instead, asking if I want sugar in my tea I had sweetener the woman opposite me having same thing had sugar and chocolate moose. Just want morning to come quickly so I can get it done now feeling impatient lol

Omg it is so real now .. Feel like I am
On that ward with you., are u not allowed anyone on Monday then ?

Good luck for tomorrow. Also from Shropshire and start my pre op diet a week Monday. Hope it all goes well and you have lost loads already!

Yeah deb I can have visitors but he works afternoons so won't see him Monday he's off work from Tuesday for the week though.
Catheters in arm ready dr should be round first thing for consent form and hopefully tell me what time I'll be going down roughly... Will keep posting x

Yeah deb can have visitors Monday but hubby works afternoons and he doesn't start his holiday to look after me till Tuesday. Drs coming round in the morning for the consent form to be signed will post when can cause signal is crap

all the best lisa, youve done really well with what uve lost already, heres to a speedy recovery xxx ( i got my 1st appointment at walsall manor, 18th july, just praying im not waiting ages for op date) x

Yeah deb can have visitors Monday but hubby works afternoons and he doesn't start his holiday to look after me till Tuesday. Drs coming round in the morning for the consent form to be signed will post when can cause signal is crap

Thinking of you Hun .. Let me know if I can do anything only down the road x

Thanks deb x didn't sleep too well last night but guess I'll get plenty of rest later today woman next to me kept shouting out, at least there's someone else in the ward having the same as me. She had a band then had to have it removed so looks like she'll be a longer op than mine, mr riera said a revision is longer due to band scaring. I was first in his diary hope that means I'm first on the list so I can be back on ward before hubby starts work and let him know I'm ok.
They said last night though it will be this morning sometime I'm nil by mouth and been weeing for England so I'm so thirty.

Good luck Lisa. Look forward to hearing from you later. xx

Good luck lisa

Hi all I'm bypassed was very groggy on Monday didn't get to theatre till after 1 got back to ward around 5 ish had pain and felt sick but wasn't too bad only used my morphine pump twice from 8 pm I was sat in chair at 6.30 Tuesday morning and was allowed home that afternoon as is done so well. I've kind of been sick twice once after paracetamol syrup hate that stuff and once after the lanzaporle (however u spell it ) I'm feeling uncomfortable with wind but it's coming out

Back