• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

List if high protein foods

may i ask, if you have to eat high protein, do you have to massivley decrease your carbs too...like atkins?

Hi Missy

You still needs carbs to be healthy. I understand the Atkins was strict no carbs which is not natural.

This list will make it easier to get your protein quota whilst having a smaller portion of it which will leave you room in your new stomach for a bit veg and healthy carbs. I hope that makes sense lol

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

yes hun it does make sense, thankyou xx

carbs are very minimal because really you can't fit them in as have to make sure you eat the protein first , but 2 new potatoes or half jacket potato or 60grms uncooked pasta or rice 1 slice wholemeal bread are what you can eat other people will know more than me but as that is what DS diet says then that is what i stick to :) but i have to say i haven't eaten any bread pasta or rice at all yet x

I have tried rice but not enjoyed it the same since op. I think it just acted as a filler upper for my big appetite pre op.

I have a slice of linseed bread a day for carbs as it is very good at keeping me regular ;-)

Try and mix and match your protein as well. You will get different minerals etc from different sources :)

Thankyou i've added that to my favourites :) will be able to vary things a little more now x

If you click on the food name it links you to the description giving the benefits of it as well :)

if you go onto the link that brings the page up , right click on your mouse and a list comes up and add to favourites will be on there :) if i can do it anyone can xx

do u mean on your pc? not the site

click on the http://www.howmuchprotein.com/foods/and it takes you to the web site then do the right click etc xx i usually go to the top of the page and do it on the header and then when you add it goes onto favourites on your comp :) my favouties list is always on the side and i'm probably telling you something you already know :) xx

did you manage it Caren xx
yes thanks honey :) i thought u meant there was a favorite bit on this site we could use, doh! hahaha ignore me xxx

I wish I had your doctors. I am 5 weeks post-op an can not have any bread, pasta, or rice until June 1st, but I am in Florida.

Back